Why is war necessary? We've gone nearly 80 years without a big world war...

Why is war necessary? We've gone nearly 80 years without a big world war. Are modern western males suffering because we've been stripped of our war impulse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PIwb70xCqaQ
geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/07/29/does-the-human-warrior-gene-make-violent-criminals-and-what-should-society-do/
truthwiki.org/genetic-literacy-project/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there has never been a single year where western civilation wasn't at war

even in the Pax Romana there were skirmishes with Parthians and pushback from Germanic tribes

war is the human way of life

also that nigga got six dollars maybe he should go to great clips and get that awful hairdo tamed

Originally it was genetics and survival of the fittest, but once civilization began to flourish and people who would die in a more 'natural' setting began production more inferior offspring war became the way to weed them out.

We are at a standstill right now but soon genetic technology and population control will kick in leading us back to a healthy population(hopefully).

You realize your country is at war right now with large portions of the earth? You don't classify the gulf war a "big" war? Korea, Vietnam, operation inherent resolve?

The truth is you people are simply so baffelingly ignorant from decades of media and video game brainwashing that you might as well plug into VR and vanish- naturally this is exactly what the war Hawks are hoping you'll do.

>war is the human way of life

No it isn't. Do not listen to nazi social darwinists, they lose all their wars.

You're missing my point canada.

Am I? Perhaps you can clarify?

Nice try, Ares, but it's not going to happen.

i'm just raising the question that maybe men work best when they're put under some innate warrior instinct where they have to protect their society. the majority of modern western males are devoid of that feeling and i'm wondering if that's been caused by some kind of subversion or conditioning. the wars we're in at the moment aren't even backed by the majority of americans. there hasn't been a major collaborative feeling of needing to protect our women in decades. i just find that maybe men are most inspired when they're fighting a cause for the safety of their women?

American consumer capitalism is fundementally about the control of money which traditionally is used to control pussy so I don't agree with you. I believe corporate America is supremely masculine and competitive.

War and any other destructive event keeps us on our toes. In the absence of a crisis, morality tends to rot, both because we get bored and because there aren't many down sides on being a degenerate in a time of peace and prosperity.
Why do you think social justice is a thing? We ran out of enemies, so now we're looking for them in our yards.
Of course, being under constant war is also a bad thing, because it doesn't give people time to recover.

The destruction of national state is the direct consequence of abstinence from large wars.

Do you think this argument is sustainable? Because it isn't true in the slightest. I'm curious if you're trolling or really a warmongering idiot.

but what caused the abstinence from large wars? globalism?

How old are you? Have you graduated from high school? Why has your education not prepared you to answer these questions?

Because the national state was invented as the ultimate war machine you dumb leaf. There is not a single reason to keep it if no wars are waged, its back to feudalism then.

Strategic bombers. It is pointless to start wars if you are guaranteed to lose more then you can possibly get.

why are you being an asshole again?

But what if you have nothing to lose? Say all you have to lose is materialism rather than ideology? Is war costly when all that is taken away is material and ideology unscathed?

Its only over the last 50 years we realised due to economic specialization that people in other countries are actually worth more to us alive than dead.
Of course, if you invade Kuwait thats cool, until you threaten to not sell their oil in USD. Then youre worth more dead.

>But what if you have nothing to lose?
People in power ALWAYS have something to lose. Even Hitler had stuff to lose in may 1945. And they are never motivated by ideological reasons, ideology is product for plebs because its free to reproduce, unlike an Alpine manor. Not to mention that to make wars you need wealth first.

Demovracy. People won't elect you or your party next time if you start a war that ends up endangerimg civilians.

I think they were more concerned about Saddam blitzing Saudi Arabia

Thats what they want you to think

Anglos have been obsessed with free trade and economic specialization far longer than last 50 years. The problem with free trade is it leads to capital and technological flight to less developed and probably more protectionist states. That's how brits lost their empire with rise of German state and how US is losing their superpower status to China.

When are people, regardless of economic specialization, worth more dead than alive?

>shitskin in pic

Fuck no. Anyone who wants war doesn't know what a war is.

I highly recommend listening to Blueprint for Armageddon. It will cure all your pretty illusions about war very quickly.

The worst thing about it is that people are constantly making stupid, incredibly costly mistakes where thousands of people die for idiotic reasons. Like, their lives are just thrown away for nothing. Dumb commanders making dumb decisions or things going hideously wrong for absolutely silly reasons. It would be funny if it wasn't tragic.

>11.2 billion humans by 2100
at some point a life will not matter.

Yeah, A life maybe, but YOUR life, for sure. It's easy to handwave when talking about abstractions.

For a personal advices, I would recommend staying away from wars.

Men are hardwired to fight wars though. Without them we're pussies and get little accomplished

This is not true and you are a nazi social darwinist.

But we need a substitute for war then. Without it, we degenerate.

nigger in OP's pic is pretty ingenious. He actually made 6 $1 bills add up to $3.50

youtu.be/PIwb70xCqaQ

That was the attitude at the beginning of World War 1. No one knew what they were in for.

Generally at the beginning soldiers and generals were romanticists and nationalists who were eager to die for their country and thought war brought out the best in people, and that without war there was only decadence and crass materialism.

This isn't speculation. There are quotes from commentators and high-ranking people at the time saying as much.

War had changed. All the romanticists were ground into burger after charging from the trenches.

War was great for all the soldiers who survived. Imagine coming home after WWII and thousands of your countrymen are dead. You could have your pick of women, jobs are easy to find, and homes are cheap. The late 40s and 50s were truly a paradise for a white male.

war is horrible and causes people to die needlessly, it would be best if everyone stopped being so jingoistic and there wasn't another war ever. most countries already are very peaceful, but those dangerous countries (such as North Korea) must be kept in check by force.

militaries are used mainly as deterrents instead of conquering forces these days. and that's a good thing.

War has changed but our genetics haven't.

geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/07/29/does-the-human-warrior-gene-make-violent-criminals-and-what-should-society-do/

truthwiki.org/genetic-literacy-project/

that's what i get for not posting a primary research article.