2010s cartoons

What is Sup Forums's opinion on them?

I don't really watch much of these cartoons, since I don't have a lot of time to watch them, but I don't have anything against them. I started watching Gravity Falls a few months ago and I still haven't got to the finale, but I am close to it. Gravity Falls is easily my favorite 2010s cartoon. I liked the first season of Steven Universe and I wanna watch more of it. Gumball is a fun cartoon, even though I haven't watched much of it. I liked the first season of Dan Vs. I couldn't get into Adventure Time and Regular Show, but I respect them. As for Teen Titans Go!, I can't really say much because I have only watched the episodes Mr Enter reviewed. I haven't really watched much of the other cartoons. However, I do plan on watching The Legend of Korra, after I get around to watching Avatar: The Last Airbender's 2nd and 3rd seasons (I wasn't into that show when it was airing), as well as Wander Over Yonder and Rick and Morty (I only saw 2 episodes of both shows and I wanna see more). If you hate 2010s cartoons, make sure you don't have rose tinted nostalgia goggles on. I can't say much on 2010s cartoons, since I haven't seen much of them, but there are a few that I like

The only good 2010s cartoons are Gravity Falls and The Loud House. It's sad that the new cartoons are not as good as Rocket Power and Ed, Edd n Eddy

You always mention that fucking Rocket Power shit. Fuck off

>Era-defining tier
The Loud House
Gravity Falls
>Good tier
Star vs the Forces of Evil
Wander Over Yonder
>Meh tier
Regular Show
Korra
>Forgettable Fad tier
Adventure Time
Steven Universe
Rick and Morty

Both shows you listed are worse than the current crop of cartoons. Rocket Power was never good, and Ed, Edd, n Eddy does not make it past rose-colored glasses.

Your forgettable tier is literally the era defining cartoons. No one can deny the impact AT has had, even though its popularity has fizzled

Loud House isn't era defining, it's brand new and hasn't yet set any trends....it's good, but at the moment the only notable thing about it is being the only good show on Nickelodeon

If any shows can be called "era defining", they are Adventure Time and MLP FIM, these two shows are the whole reason this era is full of whimsical crap and magical girl crap

To answer OP, I love MLP FIM, Gravity Falls.....like Dan VS, Loud House, Star Vs, and Wander

All recent era CN shows have been shit to my preferences, which is weird because I grew up preferring CN over all the other networks but those days have passed for me

They're okay. Biggest reason why some people absolutely love them is because of two reasons.
>It came after the CN Real era and that was the god damn dark ages
>Cartoons had new focus on continuity and storytelling
The second one is what really defines this era. Back then continuity wasn't the more and when it was used it was mostly to reference old jokes and events rather then actual storytelling. But with the new age of internet and Netflix, writers are able to have more continuity on there shows without confusing people and everyone thinks it's the coolest shit ever.

However people seem to mistake continuity for depth and quality, which isn't the case. Gravity Falls is a good example, it's hailed heavily because of it's use of foreshadowing and a central plot, however when you truly examine the plot itself you realize it's nothing that special.

Hell, Kids Next Door probably had better use of foreshadowing and central plot, and that show didn't take itself nearly as seriously.

Nice bait fuckboy

>Era-defining tier
Adventure Time
Steven Universe
Gravity Falls
Rick and Morty
>Good tier
Star vs the Forces of Evil
Wander Over Yonder
Regular Show
>Meh tier
The Loud House
>Forgettable Fad tier
Korra

I fixed it for you

>Loud House
>Era defining
I hate when people mistake "influential" with "fuck you I like it". No, it's not remotely era defining. Adventure Time was the clear biggest and most influential cartoon of the 10's.

Yeah, I don't like the current season either but you can't ignore how it really did influence later cartoons and drawing styles that later came.

>Adventure Time
What impact?
If anything, regular show has more of an impact, since there are all these stoner duo """"comedy"""" cartoons.

I hardly see any cartoons about adventuring, dungeon crawling fantasy, if anything Adventure Time killed that genre by being so mediocre and underwhelming.

I am just wondering, have you guys went back and watched the cartoons you grew up with?

We'll see for a while if SU was Era-defining or forgettable. I don't think alot of kids know or enjoy it either.

It influenced more continuity/arc driven cartoons and the popular minimalist and squiggly style just about every wannabe cartoonist on the internet emulates.

The Loud House has already beaten Spongebob ratings wise for the year, and I already see merchandise for it everywhere. Even at Halloween I saw kids dressing as the Loud kids. I saw one person wearing a Finn hat (college hipster), and no one wearing any Steven Universe related shit.

Also forgot to mention the ridiculous amounts of merchandising and memes in pop culture.

Hell it got it's own god damn Thanksgiving Parade balloon.

>>Forgettable Fad tier
>Korra
no, its as forgettable as the star wars prequels are.

>Adventure Time "influenced" cartoons by making shitty art styles

Shitty art styles already existed in internet media long before AT was a twinkle in the fat man's eye. Harkening back to the newgrounds and flash era, which AT shamelessly stole from.

It's a dead fad.

Yeah, as much as I like it, I have to agree - I think it may end up being in the 'Good' category, as it really hasn't set any standards down that show era-defining influence - and really, hasn't quite yet had the time to.

Please give me a time frame. My childhood has so many cartoon's that I was going to make a list, but its just too much.

>Ed, Edd, n Eddy does not make it past rose-colored glasses

Why do people respond to obvious trolling with MORE obvious trolling?

actually when kappa mickey aired was around the flash cartoon era

> implying Ed Edd n Eddy makes it past rose-tinted glasses

Adventure Time with MLP helped popularize the whimsical fantasy theme, but mainly shipbait, psychedelic looking imagery for kids shows, lolrandumb humor, and childish artstyle that are all so popular in other shows these days

MLP FIM popularized the "lore"/"story driven" kids show, magical girls, and like Adventure Time the general fantasy/magical theme a lot of shows seem to want to ape these days, as well as blending fantasy and adventure with light hearted kid stuff that hasn't really been prevalent in cartoons prior to either show

Both shows came out around 2010 too, so they set the tone for the era both having a lot of popularity with adults and pre date pretty much every show mentioned

I suppose you can throw Regular Show in the mix too since it came out around that time, but idk I never payed attention to that show desu so I don't know how much other shows ape it

Theres been some really good shows that came out during this decade.
Bobs Burgers, Dan Vs, Gravity Falls, Mystery incorporated, SU, etc.

>Thinking Dogshit Power is actually good

MLP didn't do any of that shit. Also, stop or you'll summon BarneyFag.

>I suppose you can throw Regular Show in the mix too since it came out around that time, but idk I never payed attention to that show desu so I don't know how much other shows ape it
They ape the "two dudes doing shit" stuff

>MLP didn't do any of that shit

Sure it didn't....MLP is the only reason a unicorn has appeared in literally every other popular show at one point or another

MLP has the largest adult fandom for any daytime cartoon, 7 seasons and no doubt probably more on the way after, four spin off movies, an ongoing comic book, a theatrical feature film coming out within the next year, and oh yeah it's got merch so it makes tons of money

You can deny it's influence all you want, but you're just wrong. MLP is money and people saw that. I can also tell you without a doubt that shows like Steven Universe and Star Vs wouldn't have been put out if not for both Adventure Time and MLP

did you know that an ed edd n eddy storyboard artist writes/boards for SU?

>Hell it got it's own god damn Thanksgiving Parade balloon.
thats no parade float, its just your average fan

>Loud House
>Good
Great joke boys

EE&E is the biggest meme show on this board....it was ok, that's about it.

It's pretty good

i'll bite

Here's your (You).