What season did SpongeBob go to shit

What season did SpongeBob go to shit

About a season and a half after the movie. It was still decent in season 4, it just wasn't amazing like 2 and 3 were.

It was a decline in quality rather than an immediate drop. I believe it became noticeable in season 5 but it all started on 4.

Episode 100. Slice of Life was pandering filth.

4, though that one wasn't as bad as 5, which wasn't as bad as 6
it became kinda not-as shit (roughly season 4 level) after the 2nd movie

the first Planck unit of its existence

That's cause hillenburg came back as a writer. If only the other storyboarders and writers weren't off being successful themselves then maybe spongebob would return to its former glory.

Mid Season 4 I'd say. Originally I would've said just up to 3 but on looking at s4 episodes half of them were alright.

hillenburg isn't a writer, just overseeing things
and even then, most of the post-movie season 9 stuff was written before hillenburg returned

also the show's script driven now, instead of board driven

>script driven now, instead of board driven
I thought that was always the way since season 4.

nope, the show was still board driven from season 4-pre movie season 9 (notice how most episodes tend to credit 3 writers, while the post 2nd movie episodes usually only credit one)
heck even the first movie was board driven

I'm sorry, am I missing something? What's wrong with spongebob?

Credit's user here, don't drag your drama and let me sperg in peace

>Vinyl is my best friend in the wooorldd

Season 4. The movie was suppose to be the series finale.

>also the show's script driven now, instead of board driven

Yes, because god forbid a CARTOON has the ANIMATION and IMAGERY be at the forefront of its HUMOR.

Nope, better just have a lot of lines and dialogue with talking heads and blinking eyes. No funny drawing, no beautiful colors, no zany facial and bodily expressions, no fantastically disorientating constant motion set to orgasmic music. Nope, just jokes and words, jokes and words, just like every fucking post-Ren & Stimpy cartoon on the FACE of the EARTH.

Only seasons 7/8 were complete unwatchable shit for the most part.

>Ren and Stimpy fag

Get out, "LE WACKY CARTOONY SURREAL EXPRESSIONS LOL" isn't funny nor interesting. It's just stupid and over exaggerated looking. I want consistent character design and animation quality.

>Bob Clampett is stupid

You're a fucking moron and you're shitting on the graves of visionaries, pioneers, and geniuses with your "realistic cartoon" nonsense. Cartoons aren't supposed to be fucking realistic; if they were, they would be live action you fucking philistine.

>Animation can't be realistic BECAUSE I SAY SO
nice 1

What the fuck would be the point of a realistic cartoon? Just shoot live-action for a fraction of the time and cost.

You can make live action goofy an slapsticky as well. Why didn't they just animate the Three Stooges?