Gentlemen, how do we update Hong Kong Phooey?

Gentlemen, how do we update Hong Kong Phooey?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xw9ria_hong-kong-phooey-проmо-трейлер_shortfilms
youtube.com/watch?v=rgJ7Yf_2GuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We make Rosemary's ass BIGGER.

Communism

No, we make her wear a burqa.

Can't, it's racist and would be banned immediately.

Fuck you.

>Hong Kong Phooey is a vigilante who murders his enemies.
>Penrod has a natural and unstoppable urge to kill, but uses it to stop villains rather than hurt innocents.
>He still faces inner struggles regarding his violent nature, doing various things to try and stop (practicing Buddhism/meditation/yoga/marijuana) but can't find something that will effectively eliminate it.
>Slightly insane, he repeatedly hallucinates his "dark self" who urges him to kill everyone around him, but his willpower prevents him.
>The reason he's like this is because his father is a Chinese crimelord who sold his soul to gain the use of a dark kung fu technique which promised him absolute power, but corrupted him. It spread to his son as well, who uses a similar technique but resists the corruption.
>Rosemary is a telephone operator by day, and a blogger by night. She writes articles about the masked vigilante. She recently came out of an abusive relationship and is a staunch feminist.
>Sarge wants him captured for murder. He is slightly paranoid. The death of his wife at the hands of a criminal severely affected him.
>Spot is actually a double agent who secretly informs the main villains (the Chinese mafia) of Penry's activities. However, as it progresses, he begins to become disinterested in his role in things. It's revealed he was a stray after he killed his owner and tried killing himself afterwards as he didn't comprehend his existence and felt nothing inside, before the mafia saved him and took him in, thus he's indebted to his new "masters", however, he has suddenly developed (implied romantic) feelings for Penry and his quest for peace. He's slightly unhinged because he's never felt emotions before and doesn't know how to deal.

Does this work?

The whole episode is just playing the theme song over and over

This is what happened the last time someone tried to update an old obscure dog cartoon.

Now never ask this again.

It had a catchy theme song desu

I went to highschool with the guy who played the main character in this movie.

Ok I'll give you that, that was a pretty awesome remix.

Movie was fucking garbage though.

>not wanting to get haram with a fat-assed Muslim QT

Muslim chicks are what Catholic school girls are supposed to be.

I think they wanted to make a movie at some point, it was going to be a mix of CG and Live action. They even make a teaser is I remember correctly but everyone hated it so they axed it.

I went to highschool with the guy who drew that.

Blacksad style noir ish O'Neil Question inspired take. No kimono, of course.

They released test footage, as well as test footage of a Marvin the Martian film. Neither seem to have gone anywhere and I think that's probably a good thing.

It's funny, I remember when live action versions of cartoons was a trend, I joked that the day they run out of ideas is the day they make a Hong Kong Phooey movie.

>They ruin Rosemary's figure with that fucking tube anatomy
I don't fucking think so

make it a teen who finds an old golden dog pendant from China, when he invokes the catchphrase he turns into a were-wolf like master of many fighting styles.
Also make Rosemary his love interest with a smokin hot body. make her a blogger detective who gets saved more then once.

Can Rosemary take te knot?

That's a strike against Muslim chicks.

Play the Sublome version sometimes.

Downplay Spot. I never liked the "sidekick does everything while the hero is an idiot" schtick.

There were a couple of episodes without Spot that showed it could work pretty well. Hong Kong Phooey essentially is still a bit of a bumbler, but his many failed attacks end up working in humorous ways as a result.(ex: attacking the bad guy with a flying kick, missing, and flying into a big structure that proceeds to fall on the bad guy) Plus, where the series shined wasn't in his actual altercations with the villains, but rather his completely absurd methods of trying to catch the criminal that range anywhere from failing spectacularly to being crazy enough to work.

I'd say keep spot at HQ and have his interactions limited to the beginning and ends of episodes, acting like a command of sorts, getting everything for him going and keeping the base in shape. Plus, there was little to Spot's character besides groaning at Hong Kong Phooey's ineptitude.

Yes, Hong Kong Phooey is one of my favorite Hanna-Barbara cartoons.

bump

Hollywood already figured it out:

dailymotion.com/video/xw9ria_hong-kong-phooey-проmо-трейлер_shortfilms

Easy

Keep it exactly the same

Just turn the cops black

>instead of a police station janitor he's now a rookie cop, making his secret identity thing completely absurd and pointless, but he does it anyway
>replace spot with a human cop partner, who's the only one that isn't completely oblivious to them being the same guy
>he acts like he's the straight man of the duo, spouting Chinese proverbs and shit, but he's obviously not
>as a vigilante, he's on tense terms with the police. They're willing to work with him, but don't approve of him operating outside the law (which, again, is completely pointless since he's dressing as a vigilante to stop the crime's he's assigned to, anyway)
>give the show some PPG-esque recurring villains that get used sometimes

Only if he is still a dog

take your reboots and fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=rgJ7Yf_2GuI

We get Max Landis to write a movie, just like he's doing with Pepe Le Pew