Would you rather see

Would you rather see
>an animated series with as many of the original actors providing voices
or
>a new live action series set in the same universe but with a different cast and storyline
when it comes to potential Firefly reboots?

Neither. Stop rebooting mediocre shit which is overrated due to nostalgia.

Why would we need a reboot of this shit series. It was a dumb idea to cancel it because it could have been successful, but it's nowhere near good. Go back to Tumblr and accept that Whedon is an hack.

>Firefly
>shit

Crawl back to whatever troll cave you reside in and don't come back out.

Animated action shows don't really work or do well these days so not that. Different cast would be a better choice. Like TNG in Star Trek.

None of the above because Whedon no longer has the passion or creative integrity necessary to make a worthy followup.

Serenity already dropped the ball in a few places and that was pre-Trump and pre-divorce.

I'm not even Sup Forums but firefly is an extremely weak plagiarism of Cowboy Bebop and only survived the oblivion it deserved because of the shitty sit com humour that Whedon throws in everywhere.

I almost want this to get made just so faggots like you can understand it was shit and better off dead.

animated
works better with low budgets

>the alliance is lead by a trumpesque evil villan
>The alliance are all white of course
>Browncoats and firefly crew are diverse in gender, sexaulity and race albeit the white guy who is cowardly and an alliance spy

The former, obviously. The only problem is that adult-oriented animated shows almost always have terrible animation. Hopefully Fox would be smart enough to hire Titmouse.

Also, Joss has a really bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, so I'm guessing he'll kill off Baldwin's character in the most gruesome way possible at the start of the new season.

>an extremely weak plagiarism of Cowboy Bebop
>implying Joss watches anime

>implying he's not a weeb faggot

>comic book geek
>doesn't watch anime

>"THE LONG AWAITED FIREFLY REBOOT IS HERE; JOSS WHEDON ANNOUNCES 'DRAGONFLY" TO COME OUT IN 2019"
>The series take place in the same universe as the beloved Firefly series, but with a new main cast going out on brave and bold adventures
>Meet Captain Lea Taniqua, a strong, independent woman who lost her husband and child during an Alliance invasion on her homeworld. Loyal and fierce, she stands up for anyone who gets oppressed by patriarchal tyranny of the Alliance, and doesn't take anything from bigots who get in the way of a job completed
>John Lears is the gun-toting pilot. Sporting a handsome handlebar moustache and a rawhide cowboy hat, he's a big ball of masculinity who tries to get in the pants of every person he meets, man or woman, without much success. Just because you're a badass, musclepacked gunslinger who flies spaceships doesn't mean you can't be bisexual
>Hanxio "Xio" Ping is the ships mechanic. Snuck him/herself onto the ship when docked at a major slumport and later found by Captain Taniqua, he/she doesn't talk much but keeps the ship running. Androgynous as can be, no one has any idea if he/she is a guy or girl, not that anyone cares about that as long as they keep flying. John has a heavy crush on him/her that never goes anywhere
>Betty Hearty is the muscle of the crew. Standing over 7ft tall and just as broad across the shoulders, she's a mercenary who found some sort of peace aboard the ship. Don't get in her way, and absolutely don't go after the captain unless you want your head squeezed in. Her and the captain have an ongoing flirt
cont.

>Alabaster Scrotum, the ships doctor. Meek, but fiercely intelligent, he keeps people patched up, but is otherwise pushed around by the crew and constantly ridiculed for his inability to be manly. Is a virgin, and envies John for his boldness. Saves the crew plenty of times by using rationality, but is never allowed to get any respect for it
>Pennywise Ingram, the ships unofficial broker and diplomat. A middle aged career woman who is always slick looking, and always on the hunt for the next deal. She keeps the ships' accounts prim and proper in case the Alliance comes nagging, and has a lot of street smarts despite appearing to be the perfect example of a hubworld businesswoman. Has no time for relationships or games, she's the perfect model for Women Go Their Own Way
>Carlos and Muriel Jones, a married couple, who are refugees from the war. They've gone to a multitude of worlds, all now under alliance control, and been shunned, beaten, and harassed for supporting Independence. Only looking for a place to settle and start a new life, they joined the crew hoping they would one day come upon a world where they could. But the harassment have yet to end, since everywhere they go they're spat upon, despite them being perfectly good and reasonable human beings. The rest of the crew are the only ones who see them as humans, which leads them to stick around. Doesn't actually do anything to help the rest of the crew, they kinda just stick around and eat the food and breathe the oxygen

I don't know but
>critically acclaimed anime about a bunch of lonely renegades flying around in a low sci-fi space setting with a slight cowboy theme airs
>3 years later a show about a bunch of lonely renegades flying around in a low sci-fi space setting with a huge cowboy theme airs
Really puts in motion the cashew nuts

They already have an animated version. Whedon plagerized the fuck out of Outlaw Star.

throw in a retard in a wheelchair and you've got alien resurrection

To be fair, the crew of Firefly is literally just the crew of Alien 4 with different actors.

I have little doubt one of them would turn out to be a robot had it continued.

I mean, if you can handle Jap animation and character design, then maybe

Alien mind.

The rag-tag crew of outcast friends is Joss's standard trope, user.

This. It's like a 7/10.

7/10 is not mediocre though
it's way lower, but I really liked the Christina Hendrix episode

*episodes

She's in two.

The Betty>Serenity

Fite me

Betty is pure

I haven't seen it in years so maybe it's nostalgia. Still 7/10 isn't enough for a reboot.

Different crew set in the same universe, make Serenity not canon and keep Whedon as far away from writing as humanly possible

Came here to write basically the same thing
The Verse is a great setting, Serenity crew's story is done, and Whedon's final form was a cultural marxist hack

Hmm, I'll have to go with T:SCC Season 3

I actually, ironically like Pennywise Ingram. Though, I'd change her name to Penny.

>tfw Joss used to be the guy behind many kinos of your earlier days
>tfw you were grateful for his ideas and original settings
>tfw he looses it over the years and suddenly he is not producing gold anymore
>tfw he turns SJW and goes full retard mode, focusing more on politics than on making good stuff
>tfw you see everyone turn on him
>tfw you see him fall further down and not even SJWs like him anymore
>tfw you still had hope for him, but now, even you think he's beyond redemption.
>tfw you wish there was more firefly among other things, but you think it's possible there never will be.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
feelsbadman