Has anyone rewatched Dexter since it finished airing?

Has anyone rewatched Dexter since it finished airing?

Do the the terrible later seasons overshadow the good early seasons?

I've tried rewatching it but there is just way too much bull shit even in the first two seasons. Deb and Laguerta just suck and they take up so much screen time.

I got bored of this show after season 1. Everyone said the ending is shit so i never bothered to watch it again

I have good memories from seasons 1-4 and I don't want to spoil them

If you ever try to rewatch this show, you might as well try the "watch first and last ten minutes of every episode" for every episode except for the season finales and see if every episode is mostly filler scenes.

Friendly reminder that Doakes' replacement were in 3 times as many seasons as Doakes.

It's got too much filler shit with bad actors even in the earlier seasons.

I don't plan on rewatching it anytime soon, if ever. In the unlikely case I do go back I would honestly just watch season 1-2.
So to answer your question: the terrible seasons definitely overshadow the good parts here.

Why are the later seasons so bad then? I've only watched up to season 3 but I do plan on watching the rest.

i never plan on finishing this series. i stopped watching whatever season it was when his gf got murdered. i don't know how to explain it. it didn't make me sad it just felt cheap, like really bad writing

Season 1 is fantastic

i liked the one with ray stevenson

Dropped this midway through S5

S1 is good, S2 is okay, the rest are bad to terrible

Fuck, why did you remind me that Quinn existed?

Season rankings:

>good
Season 1 is the only good season. Season 4 is half good and half complete shit. Everything else is awful and not worth watching.

Especially season 2. I will never understand where the praise for that season comes from; it's about as bad as some of the later seasons. The only redeeming quality of it is Doakes RIP

First thing that popped in to my head seeing this thread was that extremely hot blonde bitch he was fucking for a while and she was also crazy and he killed her when they were fucking or maybe I made that up...
Yes the shit overshadows the earlier seasons. Despite the uneven quality I loved the series for a while then it just kept rotting like a corpse that wasn't disposed of properly.

S1 was good

The rest were very meh and didn't impress me at all. Season 4 as well didn't feel like anything special and it's where I stopped.

Recently went back and tried to rewatch season one and really, really hated it.

Such a tenuous grip on believability in just about every scene. Supporting cast are unbearable and after a while it's like he's just trying to be...dark and edgy. I understand now why I loved this when I was 15.

Bad writing, boring plots, unrealistic scenes, annoying moments, etc

The last seasons were terrible because they decided to try and make the background characters interesting by giving them backstories, the show worked better when everyone around Dexter were just gullible investigating crimes and shit, not introducing Masuka's daughter or Harrison's babysitter and giving them storylines

at least now you know when to stop. watching later seasons as they aired was deflating.

Became a chore desu

CHEEKIE HINES

Doakes was such a good character, his doakes-dexter relationship is the one thing making me want to rewatch the series, but did he fucking die in season 2???? i dont remember it being that early

All seasons bar the last two were very good to pure kino. Should have stopped at season 3 like so many other shows.

>seasons 3-6
>good

I did recently start rewatching it but I only lasted till season 5, dropping it the first episodes of the sixth, especially after that cringy Hannah McKay business.
Even the 5th season wasn't so bad compared to what followed.

I'll say 1 > 2 >= 4 > 3 >> 5 >>> rest

Any of you faggots ever read the books?
Season 1 = book 1 but his brother lives . Every other book is a different story. The ending is better than the shows but still pretty bad

What's wrong with Quinn specifically?

Dexter in the first seasons actively sought out and killed other killers. The big bad was a side project not his main focus. That changed later on, Dex gets sloppy.

Also, robodoakes.

i think it was season 6, that is arguably the worst series of any television series I've ever watched. the type of script i can imagine being written by a barista in a coffee shop who does a lot of bad cocaine.

s1-4 are top top tier though

I wish the show would have done robodoakes

My biggest thing is at the beginning Dexter doesn't care about sex nor wants it. He's only with Rita to appear 'normal'. Later in the show, he becomes obsessed with sex and 'love'.

He didn't say motherfucker a lot

Also that stealing money thing happened and then just POOF, nothing. Didn't go anywhere. Same for that asian chick. Just didn't go anywhere.

I personally didn't mind that. Why does every show have to have some resolution with every character? Dexter didn't give a shit that he was stealing, maybe he just never got caught besides with Dexter, thus it not ever coming up again.

Dexter hasn't aged well. the dialogue is just so bad

It's true, and is largely explained by the fact that seasons 5-8 were written by women.
The shit you see in season 5 or 6 with him compromising himself for some roastie was a complete 180 form the high functioning autist of the first seasons. Not even mentioning the incest plot after.

The Deb thing I didn't hate because of how close they were from the beginning; I was expecting that might be in the plot later. Should have been a 3 season show.

>Season one
>Season four
>Season two

That order would have been a fantastic series.

which series fucked up more at the end? Dexter, for not being publicly revealed, manhunted by his colleg and executed at the end or Breaking Bad, by not having Hank catching Walter White. Hard mod, MADMAN, Don jumping from top of skyscraper

I think you might be onto something there.
The story is told from the PoV of a psycho. Everyone else should be cardboard.

I agree

Which season is when he crashes his car because he's sleepy from being a dad? That was the last episode I watched.

Had to of been 3. Watch season 4 with Trinity, it's great.