Deh!

>Deh!

movies
3>2>1>5>6>7a>7b>4
books
1>2>3>5>6>7>4
if you disagree you probably werent literate yet when the first book came out

Why didn't volementoteientistnjksf just buy a fucking rooty tooty point and shooty?

garbage movie ranking

why bother? by the end of the series the wands are basically guns

Dehllest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

DUHllest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
a-at least the books were good though
"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>grimderp edgyfest: the emotionally autistic adventure
>better than the original magical trio of childrens fantasy films
like i said, you werent yet literate when harry potter was first published, you enjoy it like its capeshit

The whole reason voldemort lost was because of stupid wand bullshit, a gun doesn't give a fuck. Hell just stab him with a knife

>800x340
Here you go OP, apply yourself

I used that too many times so I expect it's filtered

Because its faster and more effective to pull a trigger than scream mumbo jumbo and point a wand?

Honestly i always laughed when they made wizards a thread to muggles.

Muggles have assault rifles,grenades and shit,wizards have wands lol

Yes i am bored,im sick as fuck and feel like shit.

>87435065
series is set in bongland

In both
1>3>2>the rest are equally shit

>scream mumbo jumbo and point a wand?
magic can be performed without words or wands in the harry potter universe

6 is so fucking overrated. Sure there are some nice scene and shot individually, but the actually pacing and sequencing is awful. I've seen it twice and both time the final third seemed like a total disaster. Awfully edited film

>scene
scenes
>actually
actual
>time
times

Even poorfag wizard clothes are probably decked out in protective enchantments. Why not? It's free. Repelling lumps of metal would just be part of the basic bundle of enchantments you'd find in any shitty robe. Literally neville-tier skill level.

How the fuck do magic words even work?
They are all Latin based but there are wizards all over the world who must use other languages so do they even mean anything?
But we see character's spells go wrong purely because they mispronounced a spell so it isn't just intent based
Also Im pretty sure we see some foreign wizards at some point use the same magic words as everyone else
What did wizards do before Latin existed?
Is Rowling a hack?

reminder that 3 literally has a massive shit writing as a teacher like mcgonagall literally gives a 13 year old student a dangerous time travel device simply for the sake of attending more than 1 class at once

it's a childrens' book set in Britain where you can't mosey on down to walmart with a pistol

The idea of Wizards being almost totally eclipsed by muggles due to sitting on their asses all day and not innovating was the most interesting part of HP though.
Although it was so underused I don't think Rowling even realised it was there, just a lucky side effect of her shitty writing

Doy!

if you asked JKR she'd probably come up with a hand-wavey excuse like "oh incantations gain power through cultural implementation and practice" but even then, Snape invented "sectumsempra" when he was a teenager so clearly it's completely arbitrary. I like the series but it's just comfy, if you try to think about it with any depth it all falls apart.

The first three were comfy as fuck, after that it tried to be dark and serious which falls apart since nothing makes sense