What happened Sup Forums?

What happened Sup Forums?

One hit wonder.

Lots. Mostly daddy issues.

Someone wrote a book about it. Read that.

He was never very good, but he was also a prick. People got tired of working with him. He basically fucked himself out of industry by being a douche. If you want to be a prick you need to be ridiculously talented. If you are mediocre, you can still get by by making people like you.

hes dead

How did we went from John K to Rebecca Sugar?

He never finished Cans Without Labels.

He brought this on himself.

- got into the industry
- tried making cartoons more cartoony
- worked with Bakshi on one of the more cartoony cartoons of its time (but it was rushed and bad)
- got his own show which is still the pinnacle of cartooniness in TV cartoons to this day
- couldn't keep a schedule, got fired
- made some other shows that were bad
- made some other cartoons that were nothing special
- lives on residuals for that one show he made in the '90s

Livin' the dream

John K was a scumbag who made a ton of enemies in the industry
Rebecca Sugar seems to be an OK person to hang around (Sup Forums may think differently, but that is mostly because Sup Forums are the same kinds of scumbags as Johnny K)

He's not wrong, he's just an asshole

>Rebecca Sugar seems to be an OK person to hang around
She isn't. She's a little princess surrounded by yes-men and you can be sure to be told to fuck off at the moment you show some critical thinking especially against her.

> Wants to use kickstarter to prove that he's still capable of making great cartoons.
> Years later he still hasn't finished.
> Justifies everything critics have ever said about him and proves why no one should ever hire him for anything.

Also he's wrong. Animation doesn't have to be his idea of animation. South Park is pretty fucking funny but cardboard cutout animation will never pass muster for John K.

It's true that things like Family Guy are a mockery of the medium, barely taking advantage of its strengths. It's also true that feature film animation is the same watered down Cal Arts designs with barely any variety in the acting (notable exception: Sony).

>mediocre

He was fantastic. So fantastic in fact that you can still feel his influence on the industry.

I bet you shit on Ren & Stimpy, but at the same time were raised watching imitations of them like SpongeBob Squarepants.

>She's a little princess
the ugliest little princess in all the land

We barely know anything about her. She's not as active on social media as other creators.

>It's true that things like Family Guy are a mockery of the medium, barely taking advantage of its strengths.
Family Guy takes HUGE advantages of being animated by being able to have a thousand set pieces, a thousand characters, tons of fucking props, and jokes that simply would not be possible in live-action. The entire chicken fights are taking advantage of the fact that they're animated and not a live action sitcom.

It's not utilizing the fact that it can be cartoony, but it sure as hell knows it's animated.

Did anyone ever see Ripping Friends? I remember him mentioning it on the Ren and Stimpy DVDs but I never actually saw it and I'm going to assume it wasn't very good

I think they played it on Adult Swim years ago.

It wasn't very good at all.

hi there, Johnny K

Rockos Modern Life ended more than a decade ago
and SpongeBob is a living fossil at this point

get with the program

I don't know what John K's deal is. Back around 2008 I used to read his blog a lot and although he's extremely opinionated and critical of everything current, his posts are also sometimes very eye-opening about what makes cartoons and art good. I especially like his analyses of things like composition and color of backgrounds and comic panels. He's very passionate about what he does (or used to do), and I enjoy reading his posts when they're not about shitting on everything that was created after the 1940s, but he's just closed-minded.

>shitting on everything that was created after the 1940s
pretty much sums up Sup Forums
he would be right at home here

He slowly began looking like Austin Powers until eventually he succumbed to senility

he's probably posted here desu

If not him, a lot of followers from his blog.

Thankfully, most of the JohnKins have moved onto cripplechan where the Board Owner is too lazy/stupid to delete their broken record bullshit.

I will never understand the backers thought process on this. "Let's give a guy who's notorious for not sticking to deadlines or budgets a bunch of money for a project." Wow! It's way past due and ended up costing more money than he said it would? Shock!

John K is shit

name of that book?

Sick Little Monkeys

It's pretty good. The author says "yes I'm biased, but this is the truth" and I believe him.

He was never good

I don't see nearly enough ridicule over how stupid John looks

Macromedia and projecting

Is John K a closet case?