What was the point of Ford and Arnold killing themselves? What was the maze...

What was the point of Ford and Arnold killing themselves? What was the maze? Can we all agree this series was trying hard to be this mysterious 2deep4u clever show, but in the end it was a one trick pony (omg, this character was a robot too!) trying to keep the suspense with baiting it can do something with its stupid premise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9AwvWGjJeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It set all the mystery up well but then didn't explain or reveal anything except for Bernard being a host. I'll give it one more season to redeem itself but after than I'm done.
I still have absolutely no idea what happened in that ending. It was implied Dolorable was now 'conscious' but Ford still managed to predict her actions and time his speech flawlessly with his death to the point where it looked like she was still being scripted.

>I still have absolutely no idea what happened in that ending.

same, yet you could see it coming from a mile, it was not even a twist, just not making any sense, jokes on you viewer, your dumb if you don't get it.

granted I had high expectations because of the hype, but it was a waste of time. what a letdown

Why did that one robot have a tattoo of a the maze inside his scalp?

>Can we all agree

Not sure which board you think that would work on, but it ain't Sup Forums.

a subplot they dropped because the actor died like 2 weeks after they shot that episode

Yeah thinking about it there was absolutely no reason to have Maze imagery in places that Hosts would never find, and evven if they did it would be meaningless because seeing a picture of a maze doesn't help them achieve consciousness
It was just more mystery for the sake of mystery that went nowhere and it's only purpose was to lie to the audience rather than provide a clue

But it is all explained though. Arnold wanted to free the hosts and spare them from being used as attractions in a theme park. Ford did not kill himself. It was Dolores finally achieving full conciousness, after she realized that Arnold was not talking to her, it was just her inner monologue. So she made the decision that in order to free herself, she needed to kill the one that enslaved her. The Maze is explained as well. It wasn't 2mysterious5u at all.

Trying to hide all traces of the shrink ray

But how did Ford know that Dolores would achieve consciousness at that exact moment, and that she would come up behind and kill him at the exact moment of the speech, and have his army of unused hosts ready to show up at the exact same time?

>The Maze is explained as well.

such as?

then why did Ford just let dolores kill him?

Its a metaphor for the host's journey to consciousness, its literally all explained in great detail. I watched the show ONCE like 5 months ago jesus.

The layout of the maze is shaped like a brain, obvious. The maze is not a journey from point a to point b but a winding twisted path inward, obvious. The center of the maze is a person, obvious. So the hosts wander the maze of memory, repetition + improvisation, following their programming along a path designed to lead inward. Eventually the voice in their head is not Arnold, and they are free to listen to and follow their own voice. Through suffering (the secret ingredient to conciousness or w/e) they eventually attain personhood. Its like a high school student film or something. Really basic stuff. I'm baffled that you're so confused by it.

Just watch the last episode it's all there. or this vid.
youtube.com/watch?v=K9AwvWGjJeQ

people already said that the maze was a means for the robots to become self aware. what i think they missed is that it seemed like a total failure. the only one that actually gained consciousness was thandie newton and that had very little to do with anthony hopkins bullshit.

Maeve was programmed by Ford to think she'd gained conscousness for a reason we don't know yet

so what's special about dolores why not random bots gain consciousness?

yeah and then at the end she rejects the programmed course of action. gets off the train.

They don't gain conciousness because Ford keeps wiping their memories and resetting them.
Did you even watch the show?

I thought it was the opposite, her coding to care about her 'daughter' was so strong she couldn't overpower it and escape.

+ what was her suffering besides 1 implied raep? others were killed on a daily basis?

+ what's with the groundhog day scenario, when there are acts unfolding over multiple days? That's not make any sense

Futhermore iirc the quote from Ford was "They can be free, here, under my control"

Ford and Arnold's ideas about the hosts were completely at odds with each other. It wasn't until Ford changed his mind and installed the reveries.... yeah I'm too tired for this discussion. Watch the show again or something.

nah, ford didn't do shit, peons were wiping everyone though

>Arnold wanted to free the hosts and spare them from being used as attractions in a theme park.

and the genius idea to achieve this is suicide, bravo