Will Scott Pilgrim ever get the adaptation it deserves?

Will Scott Pilgrim ever get the adaptation it deserves?

god, cera was the worst choice.

>scott comic: confident, quirky, sarcastic
>scott film: stuttering, skinny, beta

this is faggot shit for numales and beta dweebs. its time to hang yourselves guys

>both: fucking gay

Agreed so hard.

The movie is like if they took the comic book, plucked out Scott and replaced him with Michael Cera playing Michael Cera

why do you like that comic?

It is like a soap opera, not even funny or interesting...

oh wait, I know, videgoames, right?

Why do you want to see a movie about a Chad? Your escapism knows no bounds. Do you need to see a Chad in the movie and identify with him?
At least Cera made the character more awkward and relatable, and interesting.

Agreed. It's like they were fraud of the audience hating Scott.

Who could play a good live-action Scott though?

It's relatable to anybody who was a semi-normie in their 20s

If you were a semi normie then maybe Reddit is a better site for you.

>relating to michael cera

>I only relate to Chads
>I'm totally a Chad in real life I swear

kys weeb

Am I intruding in your awkward dweeb safespace? You have for that.

/thread
The movie was better than the book deserved

>not relating to a stuttering goblin makes you a chad

Liking Scott Pilgrim should be grounds for immediate sterilization. There's something really disgusting about it. I prefer the way weebs get a distorted view of life to this kind of Sup Forums numale shit. Perpetual sustenance of the emotional detritus of adolescence. Stop daydreaming about having an "adventure" with the girl from your high school class who was always mildly dismissive of you and only drunkenly kissed you once in the backyard at a house party while an 80s pop song played in the background that etched itself in your memory already, for fucks sake. Just get a fucking fursona already.

There's nothing remotely interesting or relevant about those pages. Why did you choose them?

Had them saved to my PC already.

This thread is too autistic, I'm out.

Making him awkward and "relatable" made him boring. I'd prefer a confident, quirky, sarcastic ladies' man over Cera being Cera.

I really like the movie. It doesn't have to be exactly the same, the movie is really entertaining and funny imo.

I can agree with this.

It was unfaithful to the comic, but that isn't exactly bad. The movie is still great on it's own merit

If anything I think it's almost necessary for an adaptation to be a bit different if you want it to shine in a different medium. Same thing with LotR. Some things don't translate.

No one could do a better job than Edgar Wright did.

Along with Nolan's Batman trilogy and maybe Super, Scott Pilgrim is the only comic book movie adaptation of the 2000s worth a damn

Can agree with this too, BUT I still don't think that changing Scott Pilgrim into Michael Cera was the change that the movie needed. I will say the movie stands on its own, but not because of Scott's drastic change.

Condensing the story from over a year into less than a month was a solid change for the new format. Along with cutting out emphesis on Scott's other relationships which would have bloated the movie.

Only a true Torontonian could have produced such a soulless, vapid, uninspired pile of nothing like Scott Pilgrim. Bryan Lee O'Malley is simply a product of his environment & so is his magnum opus.

Nope scott was always a bitch. He's basically anime holden Caulfield in the comic

He was a bitch, but not a pussy. Cera was both.

You can be a bitch and also be thick skinned, which is exactly what Scott originally was

i liked the first couple comics when it was about a fuck up college drop out neet fighting videogame bosses
then it went full drama
still better than anime tho

>wanting to see a adaptation of Cuck Pilgrim

While not a great adaption of the comic, the movie was a fantastic movie in it's own right.

This

movie was better than the comics, kys

>Millenial drama with gratuitous videogame and superhero references, as well as a manic pixie dreamgirl, and wannabe anime artsyle

Jesus Christ, people like this absolute tripe?

t. irrelevant shithole dweller

Who should have played Lisa Miller Sup Forums?

I wish the beat em up game wasn't pulled.

better chad that weak faggots