Smoking

What do you think of smoking in comics and cartoons? I know Quesada hates it.

its fine when seen from a historical perspective, but for anything modern it does seem a bit passe, although a lot of people still smoke

>inhaling cigar smoke
dumb little kitten.

I'm a smoker, and I think I should have representation in comics.

>What do you think of smoking in comics and cartoons?

If it fits the character/narrative, it's fine.

Though I would keep it in cartoons that are meant for teens and above, not 13 and under shows.

Same. Check your lung privilege non-smoker scum

Quesada hasn't worked in comics for six years OP

this

vaping too will eventually become a thing of the past, it's too unstable economically - look at all the little stores that start up thinking its easy money and go out of business inside a few months

you have representation in comics

in comics forty years ago when there were enough of you that children had to be warned about the dangers of your addiction, you were represented

now we concentrate on warning them about your pedophilia

I remember Adult Swim hosting Meet the Pyro but as a censored version.

Later it was realized that the only thing that was actually censored was the cigarette Spy was smoking.

Also I don't mind it in older cartoons like Tom and Jerry.

You've got Dale Gribble and John Constantine, there, that's comics and cartoons.

Constantine got the no-smoke treatment in the tv seties. Pretty stupid seeing that in 3/4 of the scenes he's throwing fags butts on the ground.

People smoke; pretending that only "bad" people smoke is stupid.

I don't have positive or negative feelings about it. I dislike the odor of cigarettes, but since you don't physically smell that in fictional depictions, it doesn't particularly matter to me whether a character smokes or not.

I remember an episode of STINGRAY, where one of the main characters stared at a table with ashtrays full of cigars, liquor bottles & poured drinks, for what seemed like forever while he practically came in his pants.

Good times, good times...

Some characters must always smoke.

Logan, Solid Snake, Big Boss, Jonah Hex, etc. Removing that would be like removing a part of their personality.

There's something about Kitty that makes me want to marry her and love her tenderly. What is it?

Brian?

there are people who smoke, and those who don't
however, censorship of any kind is retarded.
hint, what I'm trying to say that Quesada is a stupid fat fuck, and it would be ironic if he died out of lung cancer, because the children of the smokers are more vulnerable for cancer.

Either that, or stroke. And hopefully soon

Btw, nowadays people smoke electric ciggies, so it should be shown for sure

How do you smoke a cigar?

Not being sarcastic, I'm really interested in hearing this.

You don't inhale. You pull it into your mouth and blow it out. It hits the back your throat at most.

Cigars are powerful. Even doing that you'll get a nicotine buzz.

>trips and time dubs

Eh, cigars are lame. I barely catch a nicotine buzz from them and the no inhaling makes it deeply unsatisfying to me. If I'm not gonna inhale, I'd rather smoke a pipe, way better aroma that way. Still though, smoking without inhaling just feels off to me.

Every cigarette smoker I've met who has tried to inhale a fine cigar has turned green and vomited.

I'm not saying that you should inhale cigars, but rather that the fact that you're not supposed to makes me not enjoy them. You are right though, I was a cigarette smoker, and before that a weed smoker, so no doubt it's a conditioning thing. I've always equated the joys of smoking with inhaling, so when smoking a cigar (and to a lesser extent, a pipe, though I do enjoy those a bit more cause of that delightful smokey/woody flavor), something just feels off all the time. Probably doesn't help that I've never found a cigar i genuinely enjoy the taste of, they're usually just tolerable at best.

What about smoking in fan art?

Smoking, like drinking, are pretty much completely accepted in society nowadays so it never really sticks out to me.

I don't smoke cigarettes myself but I enjoy the atmosphere that comes with a character enjoying a smoke, especially if that's the point of the scene/page.

I think there are plenty of characters that make smoking look a whole lot cooler than it actually is.

I like how animated movies until the 90's had characters smoking all of the time.
The Space Jam villain constantly has a cigar in his mouth, it's great.

I think Rango was the last animated movie with characters smoking.

I dislike smoking IRL but don't mind if a comic character smokes and would prefer if those who were previously established as smokers weren't forced to quit to satisfy some kind of PC bullshit.

Luke quitting is fine, but Constantine, Logan and Nick Fury types have no reason to.

I don't care because it's just a comic. It's not like there's actually a person there blowing smoke into my face.