Does this grind co's gears?

There are casuals out there who think Peter Parker was always a "relatable teenage highschool kid" despite nearly 50 years of spidey stories showing other wise.

Why is Marvel getting away with this?

Hasn't he always been at Empire State University though? The only time I remember him in high school was Amazing Fantasy 15 and the Ultimate Spiderman by Bendis

Why he isn't 70 years old and with grandchildren already?

Doc Oc Spider was more interesting.

I absolutely adore Renew Your Vows

>mature peter
>family shenanigans with annie and mj
>the fantasy of married life

I'm kinda jealous bros

I would not mind this

Yes, this does grind my gears. Grinds them to absolutely no end. The general public are "tired" with Spider-Man because Marvel refuses to show all the good stories and it pisses me the fuck off.

Would he be like a really fit grandpa and still doing cape shit or would there be a Spider-legacy that just rolls down the family?

It would be fun to see old man Parker go Spider-Man once in a while and only quitting it and giving it to his kids and grandkids when he simply cannot match in terms of stamina and physical fitness.

Radioactive sperm and the kids keep getting stolen

It's not like character has progressed much after the Ditko/Lee/Romita years.

> parker industries falls apart
> alpha returns and fucks around with his regained powers
> the sinister six discover alpha's identity because he is being irresponsible with keeping it a secret and kidnap his mom
> alpha tries fight the sinister six but is defeated
> spidey comes and saves alpha's mom
> alpha feels bad after seeing his irresponsibility put his family in danger
> spidey tells alpha about uncle ben and then takes him in as a side kick since it was his science project gone wrong that have alpha his powers
> harry takes control of oscorp and puts an end to all of the shady stuff that has been going on.
> harry highers peter and his scientist friends, andy becomes an intern and peter teaches him science stuff so he wont be such a dumb ass
> oscorp starts a supervillan rehabilitation initiative, one of its first subjects is norman osborn who has been captured by spidey and alpha
> peter and harry find a way to cure him of his schizophrenia and insanity caused by the the goblin formula
> after some time in special rehab norman osborn realized how much of a dick he has been and tells peter the location of mary jane's daughter he switched a birth with a stillborn
> getting their daughter back causes peter and mj to reunite and they go back to being married
> after a few more adventures peter retires as spider-man feeling that he has passed down enough of uncle ben's wisdom to alpha and trusting that he will be a responsible hero who will keep new york safe.
> alpha's adventures are continued in his own series, peter continues to be a mentor to alpha and is a supporting character in the series, andy continues to be an intern at oscorp and is often invited to parker's place to have dinner with peter and mj or to babysit mayday

That's...not bad.

Not bad at all.

Found the casual.

For edgy faggots and turbo casuals.

People have very selective memories. Many casuals claiming Spidey was always a kid were fans of the 90s show where he was a buff college jock

Alpha doesn't really fit Spidermans grounded mythos. I would prefer him mentoring some other spider person.

Kinda like how Astro City had Jack in the Box retire and mentor the new one.

Not Miles since he has a personality of a wet card board but someone else.

There was a time when Anya Corozan was showing promising results in her small time issues

I'm 30 years old and my strongest memories of Peter Parker are as an out-of-school photographer, married to Mary Jane Watson.

Who's the demographic that prefers to think of Peter as a high school student?

Because almost every adaptation starts him out in high school (and most of them keep him there throughout their entire run), rather than taking the 90s cartoon's approach of starting the series with Peter in college (or older) with a pre-existing superhero career as Spidey before that, which we don't get to see (outside of a requisite flashback to the origin).

Most people would rather have single (roughly) 2-hour-long experiences that they only have to pay for once (or twice if they see it in a theater and later decide to get the DVD/Blu-ray/digital download), than have to buy one or more comics every single month just to get a coherent story. Cliffhangers and arcs are more palatable for them in TV format, since they're paying for cable/satellite/streaming anyway and can watch several other things for what they're paying for it, or they watch whatever they can get for free online/on local stations. So more people inevitably watch the Spidey movies and TV shows than read the comics.

>Because almost every adaptation starts him out in high school (and most of them keep him there throughout their entire run), rather than taking the 90s cartoon's approach of starting the series with Peter in college (or older) with a pre-existing superhero career as Spidey before that, which we don't get to see (outside of a requisite flashback to the origin).

Actually this is a pretty good point you bring up. Let's go down the list of adaptations:

Spider-Man 1967 cartoon: College Student
Spider-Man 1978 live-action show: College Student (IIRC he even gets his powers in university instead of high school)
Spider-Man 1981 cartoon (and Amazing Friends): College Student
Spider-Man 90's cartoon: College student
Spider-Man Unlimited: He's married so he's definitely not a High School Student
Raimi Spider-Man: Started out in high school but graduated from it within the same film.
Spider-Man: The New Adventures: In College (since it takes place after the first Raimi film)
Spectacular Spider-Man: High School Student
Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon: High School Student
MCU: High School Student
Upcoming Spider-Man cartoon: High School Student

It's definitely in the 00's where they kept pushing "Let's put Peter in high school again." Probably because of the success of Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man, but even before Bendis there was considerations toward it (John Byrne talked about how they had considered altering things to put Peter back in high school again but dropped it). But after USM there was a lot of other moves toward it. Brevoort was saying that youth is the primary aspect of Spider-Man in that BND bible. Marvel Adventures set Peter in high school. And of course a lot of the other stuff in the 00's were moving towards starting in HS again.

Oh yeah, forgot:

Webb Spider-Man: High School Student in first film, College Student in second.

him mentoring another spider person would be redundant, alpha would actually make a good sidekick for spiderman if you think about it, even though alpha's powers are almost superman level, the whole point of spiderman is that it's not great power that makes someone a hero. alpha's power give him great potential, but inorder to live up to that potential he's gonna need a great teacher