Why is Italy SO culturally different from the former Yugoslav states if it’s right next to them?

Why is Italy SO culturally different from the former Yugoslav states if it’s right next to them?
I can’t think of a bigger cultural difference in the entire world over such a small distance

Attached: 6A517AFA-CE49-4A4F-B4C3-8A77E19CB697.jpg (668x783, 93K)

Yugoslavia is the wall protecting us from the bad proto-russian slavs. Their sacrifice made us what we are.

slavs dont have a culture
they just have similar poorfag habits

Are we really that different?

>Why is Italy SO culturally different from the former Yugoslav states
it's not, Croatia is quite Mediterranean and much of the Dalmatian coast was part of Venice at one point. Slovenia is part of the Austrian cultural sphere and isn't any more different from Italy than Austria is from Italy.

>I can’t think of a bigger cultural difference in the entire world over such a small distance
you're a dumb burger sharting goblin

northern africa is waay more different and they are also close

Tunisia and Lybia had a lot of italian influence. But yeh of course bein islamic they're kinda different.

I don't think so. At least not as far as slovenia and croatia go we are pretty similar, but maybe with the others it's more pronounced.

Quite untrue. When i traveled the Balkans i found more similarities than dramatic differences. There's thin red line linking the whole southern Europe, even tho there are obviously difference given by language families and historical political alignment.

some areas in former iguslavia also had

South Italians are closer to Arab though.

Attached: 1503063617956.png (484x472, 19K)

culturally no
they dont even use the same alphabet.

dunno, croatian landscapes, houses, people attitude looks similar to italian, but i don't know much

I thought you were closer to germanics

also, italy has a whole culture based on pork and wine, which most arabs wont get close to it.

South Italy is Magnia Grecia with Albanian influence thrown in. North Italy is quite a bit different.

this is true

Still South Italians are completely different people from North Italians.

Attached: sicilians.jpg (1000x600, 822K)

i want this Sicilians are basically arabas meme to end

Attached: catanians.jpg (3857x2685, 1.72M)

>I can’t think of a bigger cultural difference in the entire world over such a small distance

USA and the South

>small distance

There is way more difference between italy and tunisia or greece and turkey

Italy is Northern-Africa.

Whenever South Italians claim "Southerners are not arabs" they only post pics of college students. Those colleges of course have some expats from North Italy or other Europe.

You guys should show actual Southerners on streets.

Attached: Couple kiss during demonstration in Naples.jpg (1024x678, 394K)

>Those colleges of course have some expats from North Italy or other Europe.
No, no one goes studying in a southern italian university, it's the opposite, you won't find northerns even in Tuscany, same for other europeans.

it's not like there is a large chunk of water between them or anything

they have a land border with the Balkan.

Kek, Slovenian littoral is basically a cleaner version of northern Italy. Croatian coast is also very similar to Italy, and Italian is an official language in Istria. There are ofc. some differences, such as language and history, but they are not that pronounced. Pic related, a border between Slo and Italy.

Attached: image47.jpg (2592x1936, 1.5M)

Where

here

Attached: 1519211017384.png (710x577, 30K)

there are actually some others euro from the Erasmus project who go to terronia. Fools.

slovenia is not balkans

friulans are not italian

There's a difference in climate and population. Whereas Italians see the Friulians (far NE Italians) as blonde drunks, we see them as small, wiry, blackhaired, and well groomed, and in fact both notions may be correct relative to each respective population at large.

>Friulians
there are a lot of terroni there though

>tfw half italian

>terroni= southern italians, terroni of the north= veneti, friulani (NE italy) and slavs are all subhumans

Attached: 1509571007119.png (785x757, 69K)

italy is maybe even worse than Africa, sure italy has more debts lol

I'm Italian to the bone (from Sardinia) and I don't get all the terroni/polentoni hate

then why dont you go there lol

northerners who were cucked by swarthy Neapolitan and Sicilian bulls

why should I move from Switzerland to Africa? lol shitalians are so stupid

Croatians arent very different culturally to italians to be honest, according to croatians that ive talked to, i dont know where u got that idea amerifat

turn off your proxy then you mountain jew

pic is the average polentone

Attached: 1515718410485.jpg (640x440, 32K)

>m Italian to the bone (from Sardinia)

>sardinians
>italians

insert geneticmap.jpg

According to DNA maps, South Italians are more similar to turks rather than balkans or greeks.

Attached: Y-haplo.png (743x764, 803K)

Southern Italians are not humans though

smelly dumb polentone scum

Actually, northerners are on average less fat than southerners

El lavapiatti senores

>le genetics meme
It ruined this site

>i want this Sicilians are basically arabas meme to end
hah, good luck with that one.

t. half Tunisian terrone

>ex-Yugoslavian countries share a single culture

Attached: brainleta.jpg (971x565, 139K)

How much do Bosnians, Croatians and Serbs differ?
t. curious italian

they don't, they are all the Serbocroatian ethnicity

for example, even tho Serbs are Orthodox and Croats are Catholic, they share the same name for easter (uskrs) which is different from the Slovenian name (velika noč)

the Serb/Croat division is a meme

romans were turkish

Attached: romanorig.jpg (796x441, 90K)

So the real division is slovenia-serbia/croatia/bosnia?

More like Slovenia/the parts of Croatia that are less than 20 km from the Slovenian border - Croatia/Serbia/Bosnia/Montenegro - Macedonia

Croatia and Serbia are like north and south italy.
Croatia is relatively cool and all, but once you dig deeper you see that it is in need of work.
You can have some fun in Serbia but all in all it's a shithole that needs major improvements to belong to the "cool kids".
I wouldn't say that, but that may just be my Sup Forums autism

italy is not gabagool and soprano tv series and balkan states are not russia

>Croatia and Serbia are like north and south italy.
Slovenia is then Sud Tirol

Sardinians are romanian-balkan confirmed.

Come home sardinian people.