Marvel Now's Champions #2

......WHHHHHHY????!!!!!!!!

Why hook Cho up with Viv? Why have them make out while he's in Hulk form? I mean look at this! It looks like Cho is eating her whole jaw. How is his tongue even fitting in her? Why couldn't they have kissed when he was in human form? Whhhhhy???!!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/marvels-champions-confront-complex-global-problems-adolescent-angst/
mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/antisocial-personality-disorder/home/ovc-20198975
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, that shits dumb yo

So you can have Green and Purple

BLACK AND BLUE

Size difference is hot.

I don't think anyone actually liked this issue.

You're surprised the asian kid hooked up with the virtual waifu?

I mean, they were already acquantances before Champions so there's some precedent at least

Could just be a misdirect considering she was just made curious about kissing by Sam

For teenage drama. It is obvious

Why is he on his knees? Makes the picture look goofy. Just pick her up doofus you're the strongest guy on the planet.

thank doc

It was boring like hell.

Her thighs are gonna be black and blue iykwim

It's ok user the comic most likely sold really badly

>Why have them make out while he's in Hulk form?
Because the writer and artist don't know what Cho is supposed to look like in normal form... Not even joking. They turned the 7/8th smartest guy on the planet into the jock that apparently 'smells of testosterone' and likes to jump high...

why does he write such a shitty cho

Why does Waid write Cho like a Chad?

AHAHAHAH BOTH HUSBANDO AND WAIFU FAGS BTFO'd BY BASED WAID

In his mind
Big and string equal jock
Ns Marvel is smallest so he made her the smartest

He's super motivated by his libido as the Hulk. It was a thing in Totally Awesome Hulk.

So when Cho is normal there will be drama; "buuuahaaaa I'm not really a big buff jock, I'm a nerd, how can you accept me?"

Mark Waid can't write. But as bad as he is at writing, he cannot end a story without pissing off the reader.

>can't writte

Underage, leave.

Most likely because this isn't a kiss out of romance, just a kiss to give Viv the experience. This is Cho doing a favor for her, so since she's the inexperienced one, Cho's taking it easy for her sake.

because Hulk form makes Sam look more pathetic

Sam will continue to suffer until he loses it and shoots up his school

She wanted to know what a kiss felt like. Cho was inclined to show her

i dont know if marvel is aware of this but theyve been slowly giving him an elliot rodgers-type char development

>I don't think anyone actually liked this book

Hulk tongue probably fills her entire mouth.

So when will we be able to see the sales for this week I wanna have a laugh

>Could just be a misdirect considering she was just made curious about kissing by Sam
It's a pretty obvious misdirection. Next issue they'll say it meant nothing and it only serve as an elephant in the room for whoever is actually supposed to hook up with Viv.

He should have been on one knee. That pose is creepy as fuck. Also, she can fucking fly. The art editor needs to be shot or hired.

So what happened to that snake lady Cho was shagging.

Don't insult Chad like that.

>Implying that Marvel remembers anything

in the Hercules book?

she betrayed him and got killed later

Probably so that when he dies next year, everyone will say stuff like "we should have been nicer to him"
Also, Sean Ryan had no clue what to do on that trainwreck

>ywn fuck and teach true love to your android waifu

I guess I'll post this here

>CBR: One of the fun elements of “Champions” #2 was the old school X-Men and Avengers-style soap opera elements. Will that continue going forward? When your teen cast isn’t thinking about saving the world, will they preoccupied with things like romance?

Mark Waid: Yeah, they’ll be thinking about romance. They’ll be thinking about impressing each other. They’ll be thinking about being afraid of looking dumb in front of each other. They’re teenagers, and the life of a teenager is grand opera.

I still remember what it was like to be a teenager, as do you, as do our readers. Everything about being a teenager is super dramatic. There’s no reason we can’t keep that in the book as well, so every revelation is a bombshell. Every perceived betrayal is the end of the world. Every mistake they make is the worst mistake anybody ever made in the history of mankind. That rollercoaster of emotions and hormones just lends itself to great stories with teenage characters.

>One character whose emotions I’m especially curious about is Sam Alexander. In the early issues of “All-New, All-Different Avengers,” there was a very awkward attraction between the young Nova and Ms. Marvel. Is that still there? Because in “Champions” #2, he appeared to be especially interested in Viv.

He’s a young man with a healthy libido, and he has eyes for more than one girl at a time. I think he realizes that Kamala seems to be off the table for him for a while. I still would like to get back in there and examine that at some point, though.

>cbr.com/marvels-champions-confront-complex-global-problems-adolescent-angst/

>In “Champions” #2, Viv gets her first kiss thanks to a willing Amadeus Cho. In Issue #1, you hinted that they knew each other before joining up with the Champions. Were there some early off-panel interactions between the two that we might see in future issues?

I can’t say anything more about that, because it would spoil some things in Issue #3.

>The Champions are a new dynamic for Viv, who hasn’t really had much interaction outside of her school, and the teenage Cyclops, who has spent much of his life as an X-Man. What’s it like for them to be part of a team whose take on superheroics differs greatly from other Marvel Universe teams?

Viv is quite taken with this opportunity to go out and learn, see the world, and do something to make the world a better place. That’s what the Champions exist to do more so than to punch out supervillains. It’s very exciting for her because, as you said, she hasn’t interacted with the world very much outside of Georgetown.

Cyclops is very wary. He knows he has to present himself and act in an exemplary way because everybody else on the team knows that, from their point of view, his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth. So there’s a lot of concern whether or not the young Cyclops will also follow in that path.

Cyclops knows that, and is terrified of that. He’s got to walk the straight and narrow. That said, there’s a need for him to be among people his own age whom he hasn’t formed bonds with yet, like the Champions, because it gives him the chance to reinvent himself a little bit. He can let other aspects of his personality shine.

>The Champions have an idea on how they’d like to impact the world, and often times implementing such a vision requires a leader. Is that something the team currently has? Because it looks like both the Hulk and Ms. Marvel have big plans for the team.

That will be a running gag for a little while. There are two people who think they’re the leader, and that’s Ms. Marvel and Amadeus — but half the team thinks Cyclops should be the leader because he’s a proven leader. So there’s a constant back and forth friction between all three characters about who should lead the team.

>Making a difference in their world is the Champions’ ultimate goal, which I imagine will put them up against some supervillains, but will they face everyday adversaries as well? Those who want the status quo to continue, like media organizations with agendas, greedy business people, and corrupt politicians?

The Champions are about confronting the injustices of the world, particularly the ones younger people face. As a Marvel comic, though, we can’t be too on the nose. It’s sort of disrespectful to do a story about Ferguson, call the city Ferguson, and act like the superheroes can have anything to do there, because that belittles the efforts of the real heroes in that town. If we take situations like that, though, and sort of tweak and fictionalize them a bit, it’s clear what we’re doing.

So we’re going to deal with racism, immigration issues, and things that are on the minds of young people everywhere.

Samfags cucked again?

Good.

>It sounds like this is sort of a sister book to “Occupy Avengers” in that that book features heroes trying to make the lives of everyday Americans better. “Champions” involves a team dedicated to doing the same thing, but on a global scale. Is that a fair description?

Yes, the Champions is very much an international group. Amadeus has a ton of money, so he’s set them up with transportation that makes the Avengers Quinjet look like a ’48 Ford. They can move all over the globe, and they will. Issue #3 takes place in South Asia. Issue #4 takes place near Atlantis. There’s different places we can go.

>It’s been years since you and “Champions” artist Humberto Ramos worked together regularly, having last teamed on another teen hero, DC Comics’ Impulse, but his work on the book looks like you guys have been collaborating together for quite some time.

I’ve only worked sporadically with him over the last 18-19 years since we left “Impulse.” He hasn’t missed a step, and when the two of us hooked up on this book, we just fell back into old habits very easily. We communicate the same way we did before. I think we’re a good team, and you wouldn’t know there’s been such a long break.

Humberto is the best. I’m lucky to be working with him again.

>Finally, the Champions came together because of past conflicts between Marvel superheroes, but there’s a big one on the horizon that has the potential to pull in two of their members, “Inhumans Versus X-Men.” Will the “Champions” series become embroiled in that conflict at all?

Not directly. Indirectly, there are some nods to it in issues #4-5. Right now, though, we’re trying to keep the book separate until it really gels and has it’s own identity.

>the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Worse than the the fucking Red Skull? Worse than Apocalypse? Worse than Kang the Conqueror?

Is this guy sperging out over a spelling mistake that wasn't actually in the post he's quoting? Or does he think Waid isn't a hack? What a fucking retard either way

I wasnt liking Champions until i saw samfags and mutiefags getting triggered

now its one of my top mavel picks

Read the whole paragraph, user.

He said from the team's POV, which implies they're too ignorant to know about actual villains. Or maybe Waid has a hate boner for Cyke

>I like a thing not because its quality but because it offends people i disagree with.
>I shall support it not because it brings me enjoyment, but to further perpetuate misery against strangers who like something I don't

If you were the only cunt in the world like this, the planet wouldn't be shit

>I shall support it not because it brings me enjoyment, but to further perpetuate misery against strangers who like something I don't

what if the misery of strangers who like stuff you dont like brings you enjoyment?

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/antisocial-personality-disorder/home/ovc-20198975

>filename
Didn't that technically happen in her last issue?

Didn't his Hulk run estabilished that staying in Hulk form was physically and mentally tiring?

He is asian, asian do robot like Asimo and have manga about robot like Evangelion, so they shipped it with the robot.

Waid wrotte great stuff 30 years ago.

I'm pretty sure any nerd. That got superhuman strength would go full jock mode in a second

>any nerd. That got superhuman strength
So ... in your headcannon Peter Parker became Chad DudeBro at the same time he became Spider-man?

Pete gets pretty cocky at times yes. And besides Cho's had a boner for the hulk for years. Why would he not flex at any given moment?

>Waid wrotte great stuff 30 years ago.
I liked his Daredevil well enough; although I've not been nearly as happy with his Black Widow run with the same artist (it's ... alright.)

ANAD Avengers went from weak to shit pretty quickly though. And his new kid-less Avengers isn't much better than this is (really nice Del Mundo art tho).

Dunno why Marvel keeps doing this shit: Waid can't write kids; Lemire can't write teams; Bendis and Soule can't write AT ALL anymore.

They're also bringing back the shitty writer from Iron Fist: The Living Weapon and the equally shitty writer from All-New Ghost Rider.

I guess it's going to take even *lower* monthly sales before they get, for lack of a better phrase, #Woke.

Dude fuck you all new ghost rider was good. Everything else was accurate though

According to the kids cyclops is worse than thanos, the beyonder and doom?

>the equally shitty writer from All-New Ghost Rider
u fuckin wot m8

>Dude fuck you all new ghost rider was good.
No, it was not. It had nice art by Tradd Moore and the second he fucked off to work on Luther Strode the sales tanked.

>Waid was great two years before I was alive

Also, you consistently write the word's "write/wrote" with an extra T, which is fucking weird.

>Viv ruined a month after King leaves
fuck you Marvel

I feel like this is the classic cliche of the cute girl hooking up with the dumb jock rather than the "nice" guy. Not exactly original but not all that unusual given Cho and Viv were already friends and Chulk has the libido of a gamma-powered teenager. While I can understand a great many complaints with Champions (awkward tonal shift in Issue 1, cringey attempts at trying to use modern lingo) this seems to just be a case of Sup Forumsmrades projecting themselves into Sam's place and as a result being offended by the idea of being passed over for the popular guy.

Sam IS the embodiment of the beta Sup Forumsfag

that panel where teen jean and miles ignore him and laugh disregarding his attempt to socialize with them is the making of a supervillian

kamala being a bitch to him didnt help

>the cute girl hooking up with the dumb jock
I don't think it helps much that the dumb jock is also the 8th smartest person on the planet but he's acting like Flash Thompson in PE class.

Also: for someone who's trying as hard as Waid is to court the Tumblrinas ... he sure went right to the ol' "I know nothing of your ways, Earthman, teach me of this thing you call 'kissing'" which would be awkwardly dated enough if Viv was an alien girl rather than, apparently, a literal SexBot.

>There’s no reason we can’t keep that in the book as well, so every revelation is a bombshell. Every perceived betrayal is the end of the world. Every mistake they make is the worst mistake anybody ever made in the history of mankind.
If he goes full Claremont I'll forgive him for how pointless this last issue mostly was.

>from their point of view, his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth. So there’s a lot of concern whether or not the young Cyclops will also follow in that path.
What the shit did Scott do that was in any way worse than Thanos, Red Skull, Apocalypse, Hitler or Stalin who both still exist in universe, or even Doc Ock who once held the world hostage fairly recently in universe with space mirrors and planned to bake it?

He did. But he also grew out of it when Uncle Ben died because the power made him irresponsible and arrogant/cocky.

pretty sure going full claremont is forbidden these days

What does their POV look like? I have been avoiding Death of X, does Scott just go on a war against the Inhumans that from the outside looks like attempted genocide or something?

>What the shit did Scott do...

He cheated on Prime Jean

What are the chances she left a dormant telepathic suggestion on all of earth's heroes to see Scott as the worst thing ever before she died?

I've heard that Cho is 19 years old while Viv is 15. Also he is in Hulk form. So, Waid is okay with pedoshit since CHo is not white man?

Now I can't unthink this anymore, god damnit.

dont be so new media

19yo kissing a 15yo android aint pedoshit

even if she was human, it wouldnt be

I really want to assemble a folder just of Claremont's fetish shit from his X-Men stuff. And maybe the stupid overwrought melodrama. It seems like it'd be a worthwhile collection

It's pedoshit in my country though. But my biggest problem is his Hulk form. It's like Billy kissing Stargirl in Shazam form. Fukcing disgusting.

>15yo android
She's supposed to be 16.

Which is good because most states in the US give 3 years leeway in Romeo And Juliet Laws ... so 19 and 15 will get you 25.

they didnt run off to marry and have sex tho

they arent even having sex or sharing nudies

just a kiss wont get you in jail

>just a kiss won't get you jail
Why don't you take a seat over here?

Because it was someone's fetish.

>they arent even having sex
Yet.

man if murrica really penalizes with jail *just* kissing a teen even if you are under 20, that country is beyond fucked

I wanna know why Asian male not allowed to have white girlfriend
And why he has to be in hulk form to have girls interested in him

It also looks like she's trying to push him off her

Waid can only do classic superhero stories, that's it just look at his Flash run, his Captain America run, even his Daredevil run (before he went full retard with it at least).

His Legion was decent but holy shit the way the acted were like shit caricatures of what an old man thought kids were like.

If you gave him an Avengers comic with the classic Avengers and took twitter away from him (honestly Marvel should take twitter away from their whole staff) he probably would write decent stuff.

>Can't kissing a teen means your country is fucked.
Uhhhhhhhh

Sam should just run off to space and have Dick Rider be his wingman and hook him up with some space cuties.

Speaking of space cuties didn't he have an alien girl show interest in him?

Well he is already a Black Nova, all he needs to do is go Garthan Saal on everyone's asses.

I hate cyclops as much as the next guy but this statment is complete horseshit

I'm honestly surprised THAT hulk gif hasn't shown up yet.

I wonder who they consider the "heroes" of Ferguson to be?

>He knows he has to present himself and act in an exemplary way because everybody else on the team knows that, from their point of view, his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth. So there’s a lot of concern whether or not the young Cyclops will also follow in that path.
ahahahahahaha are you fucking kidding me

What's with Marvel and doing slightly uncomfortable age gaps? First Spider-Gwen and Miles, now this

So far all he's done is kidnap one Inhuman and allied himself with Magneto

How old is Cho supposed to be? 18?

Cho is at least 18 at this point, if not older.
Also he had a girlfriend in his last appearance.

So why is it a problem? Viv isn't a real teenager, she's a gynoid with an entirely fabricated brain.

A fabricated brain made to be a young teen.
We're talking about a universe where androids are basically people user, this is well established.