Bay's Neenja Toortles No More

comicbook.com/2016/10/30/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-3-wont-happen-says-out-of-the-shado/
>No more of Bay's shitty Shrek Turtles
Thank. Fucking. God.

So how would you reboot the TMNT franchise?

I say, put someone good in charge (that ant fucking Bay). I say out Joss Whedon or JJ Abrams in charge.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMNT_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*put

>JJ Abrams

Fuck no. Fuuuuuuck no.

>Joss Whedon
No thanks. The last thing we need is sensitive joss whedon doing any franchise.

Member ninja turtles?

Seriously why the fuck do you want another awful live-action movie?

>Joss Whedon or JJ Abrams

I am so glad you're not in Hollywood.

>hating based JJ
>hating based Whedon

I am Disapointed in you all, Sup Forums

>Joss Whedon or JJ Abrams in charge.
Nice bait. They're worse than Bay.

>based Whedon
I am more disappointed in you than you are in me.

>They're worse than Bay.
Rotten Tomatoes disagrees

Keep Bay, make it more like the 1st Transformers movie, have them look like turtles not black men

Billions of people loved The Force Awakens and The Avengers.

Putting JJ Abrams or Whedon on TMNT would be the best decision ever.

$0.10 has been deposited into your account

Wait a while, nothing until all the current money making franchises are done with

Seriously, there's just too much competition between Marvel/DC capeshit, Transformers, and whatever other blockbuster action movies will be coming out every year, TMNT got rebooted an what might seem like an ideal time (a time where this kind of shit is making money) but actually an awful time (the market is saturated with too many of these kind of movies, and other franchises already got a running start years earlier for TMNT to catch up to)

TMNT should be rebooted when it has a chance to shine and generate more interest, I actually liked Out of The Shadows...but I know almost nobody who cared about it or went to see it, there's just too much other shit

Dank meme, bro. I bet you post that alot on Sup Forums. ;)

This. Keep it animated and use famous voice actors.

$0.09 has been deposited into your account

What a pity. The second movie had it's flaws, but it was a fun no-brainer popcorn flick, and waaaaaay better than the cowa-fucking-piece of dogshit that was the first film. It could've used at least one more movie to wrap things up.

They were on the right track with the sequel. A lot of people here were cautiously excited after the trailer dropped, but they managed to either ruin or not deliver on all of the cool stuff in the actual movie.

>and use famous voice actors.
Why?

The only thing that would happen is those faggots making April a colossal Mary Sue and the film will reek of Gynocentric estrogen fueled propaganda.

Also the turtles will be incompetent because they got dicks instead of vaginas. Hell those fuckers would make Venus, the original TMNT Mary Sue with magical powers, seem like a good idea.

Because you can cut the budget. Cheaper and more talented than Chris, Afro Circus, Rock.

>Bla Bla Bla I hate women Bla Bla Bla I have a tiny peepee Bla Bla Bla strong women scare me Bla Bla Bla
Sup Forums is that way, GamerGate >>>

It's scary how I'm starting to have difficulty telling when things are bait and when someone is just this idiotic.

You obviously didn't see the new Ghostbusters film. It's a blatant attempt to pander to radical feminists in similar manner to what described, with storywriters taking every possible opportunity to make cheap shots at men. If you give those kinds of writers a male-centric franchise like TMNT it can only spell disaster.

Zak Snyder.

His dark tones would fit better for TMNT than DC. Fans have been wanting a serious, Eastman style TMNT movie for years. Let's see a real fight between the turtles on the big screen.

I say go full cgi animated film. Seems like a better fit than trying to make them realistic in live action.

You do realize that the original comic was actually making fun of the edgy, dark comics? The main protagonists are cartoon turtles with constant teeth-gritting grimaces, for fuck's sake.

>Zack Snyder on TMNT
I would give everything to see this.

Just to see Sup Forums and the Internet literally explode with rage.

They tried it once already, it didn't work out so well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMNT_(film)

would it be worse than Bay?

But this time they could make it work if they got the right director and stuff.

Just look at what Pixar did with Big Hero Six! They also made Incredibles! And Sony's Sauasage Party was a hit.

So you could make TMNT into a successful animated film.

And you could make it R-rated if you wanted to!

In what Universe exactly? Both have put out far better movies than Bay, even their worse stuff towers above his

Snyder is basically the extreme opposite of Michael Bay. Where Bay goes too far with his toilet and racist humor, sexual shit and explosions and mindless action, Snyder is far too fucking pretentious with his symbolism and pseudophilosophical crap, and washed out colors.

Out of the shadows was great.

Not sure. But it would be entertaining just to see everyone' reactions (especially Black Nerd's and Moviebob's).

Holy shit you people are as big of faggots as SJWs are. Both sides are just a different side of the same faggot ass coin

It was shit. It was so bad they are ending the trilogy and rebooting the franchise.

I heard somewhere that the only reason Out of the shadows was an improvement was because they had to reign Bay in to prevent him from pulling the same shit he did in the first film.

Now if they did it a looooong time ago then maybe even the Transformers movies would've been better.

Kevin Feige=/=J J Abrams
He would do just as he did with Star Trek and Star Wars, basically look back at the good movies and make that. Then fuck off for a better director to come along and build on it

I was talking about Joss Whedon, as he's been notorious lately for trying to suck up to feminists and SJWs.

Oh yeah well in his case it didn't work out so well , hope he learns his lesson. As Serenity is still the best thing he's ever done.

That movie failed because let's be honest it acted like a third sequel film within an already established line of movies. So out of nowhere Shredder is already defeated and Karai is leading the Foot Clan even though it's the FIRST movie in this continuity. The main central foe is this original villain dude who is immortal and obviously borrows from magical themes, BIG No No. TMNT and magic is usually when the storytelling goes to shit (in just about all the TMNT series). That movie was a mixture of bad concepts and just abysmal execution.

Think about it, while fans usually are used to the Leo vs Raph conflict? In this film we don't understand nowhere near enough to get why this film is starting with this shtick compared to even Out of the Shadows and why Raph resented Leo. There was build up in Out of the Shadows.

Also anyone else disliked the character designs? Especially for the humans? Nah man. TMNT needs competent people working on it. To this day the best animated CGI "TMNT" movie is Kung Fu Panda.

>So how would you reboot the TMNT franchise?

I wouldn't. TMNT is god awful and deserves nothing less than to be forgotten

They should've just stuck with animation and direct-to-tv movies or netflix exclusive movies.

Go away, Bay.

>Billions of people

Argumentum ad populum.

Oh finally. If only people had learned after the second Transformers movie like they did with this

>Mary Sue

Opinion thoroughly trashed.

>I say, put someone good in charge (that ant fucking Bay). I say out Joss Whedon or JJ Abrams in charge.

jesus christ lad why

Hugh, because Whedon and Abrams make good movies?

>there are people who unironically think Joss fucking Whedon is a better director than Bay
fucking Sup Forumsman, you deserve your marvelshit

he didnt direct it

Whedon hasn't made a single good movie. Firstly, he's a tv director and can't do much to hide his lack of scope. Not only that, he's a complete yesman and both avengers movies suffered from his lack of vision and talent.

JJ Abrams hasn't had an original thought in his head. Every single one of his movies he's done nothing but take older better ideas and make them worse. He made the worst mission impossible, he made the worst star trek and he made a really bad ET re-imagining that a netflix show did a lot better.

Sincerely confused as to how you can think either of these people are good at directing. I guess you really like 'splosions and quips which would make me assume you like Bay. Who didn't even direct either of these turtle movies.

I mean, that's an incredibly low bar. Yeah, I think he's absolutely better than Bay, but that doesn't make him good.

>implying Whedon isn't better than Bay

He shadowed directed it. He was in control of the movie but they didnt want to put his name as the director so they could trick people and say Bay wasn't directing.

Go away, Bay. You're just jelly you couldn't make your Ninja Shrek's into aliens. :/

this just shows you know nothing about film

>Jew Jew Abrams
The nigger who ruined and butchered Star Wars? No thanks

>I hate women the post

I had problems with Rey as well, it was around the time she got kidnapped by Kylo Ren is when her character started to get bad. But she still got two movies to redeem herself and here's hoping that the new directors make her character more compelling.

He literally saved Star Wrs and everyone who isn't dumb or sexist loved it.

Even Red Letter Media loved it.

*Mic Drop*

>He literally saved Star Wrs
star wars didn't need to be saved lad haha

>saved Star Wrs
You mean the multi-billion dollar franchise that was just doing fine and was going to continue doing fine regardless of his involvement?

>The second movie had it's flaws, but it was a fun no-brainer popcorn flick, and waaaaaay better than the cowa-fucking-piece of dogshit that was the first film.
It was the same fucking thing user.

Credat iudaeos, non ego.

>tfw actually liked the first one, but never got around to seeing the second

No it wasn't.

First film was Megan Fox the movie, guest-starring four Shrek rejects and a Transformer.

Second film was a Ninja Turtles film.

Go fuck yourself.

Franchise as a whole, maybe not, but the movies -really- needed it because Lucas was a fucking moron who fumbled through the prequel films with no one to keep him in check.

Naw, episode 7 would have done well no matter who directed it.

>implying
If Bay was in charge of Star Wars, it would have a rotten score and would only make money because of Chinese advertisement.

Abrams made a Star Wars movie that millions of critics and people (like Red Letter Media) loved.

I hope this teaches Hollywood not to pander to 80scartoonfags.

Kind of a shame, I really liked the 1st one.
the first time I saw the trailer for #2 it felt really off, and I knew it was over.

Bay was never in charge.

That's what they wanted you to think. Bay was the puppet master, the other directors were just pawns to lie to people
>No No No! Bay's not the director! Only a producer! Totally not lying to you!

Out of the Shadows is the best TMNT movie yet.

>Rejoices at the removal of a shitty director
>Suggests replacing him with shitty hack directors

Nostalgiafags always have to ruin everything. God forbid someone wants to revitalize your franchise.

Holy fuck, were you born on Bizzaro Earth or something? First film was absolute piece of shit, second movie was flawed but a major improvement compared to first one.

I don't feel that strongly negative toward it, but it absolutely doesn't need to be rebooted or carried on any further. The existing TMNT properties are plenty, we do not need any more of it.

>So how would you reboot the TMNT franchise?
I wouldn't

Can we get a Bayverse cartoon? I love the designs and bimbo April is the best April yet.

The second movie was fucking incredible though. Shame the first one fucked it so hard for the second.
Only marks off are no weird ass pizza in the opening and too heavy/ ham handed with the gay rights overtone.

>member

Memberberries

Are the people who made the 1990 movie still alive?

We should get them. Even if they are dead.

Here is how I reboot it.

Splinter is Hamato Yoshi from an alternate universe. The one Usagi is from. Dimensional Rift shenanigans send him to our universe. where he meets his human self. Splinter and Yoshi live on their clan's remote mountain temple. Where Splinter is never seen by anyone outside the clan. Human Yoshi wins his bride from the competition with Oroku Saki, and has a daughter, Karai.

Oroku Saki and his Foot Clan come and burn down the Yoshi's clan and kill everyone but Karai and Splinter. Shredder sees Splinter as he is taking baby Karai. They fight and Splinter scars Shredder's face. Splinter is is captured though. Splinter is given the name by Saki. saki gives splinter the name splinter, because of the wood fragment that scared his face.

Splinter spends decades as a science experiment subject in one of the companies owned by Saki Family's Zaibatsu, in NYC. Saki hates Splinter like he was human Yoshi. Saki raises Karai to be his daughter. Though a young Karai would sneak away to talk to the giant rat. eventually scientists find a unique compound in Splinter's body. That is responisble for his slow aging, healing factor, enhanced strength and speed. They develop it into a mutagen to create super soliders. Though lab explosion destroys most of the work.

Splinter escapes into the sewers with the last sample of the mutagen. While running and injured, he falls through a rotting pipe floor. The mutagen his was carrying spills onto 4 turtles. turtles that had been thrown down a storm drain by an asshole father, who didn't want his son to have pets. then the rest washes down the pipe. these turtles start changing into turtle boys. Splinter takes responsibility as their father. Since it was his body that made the mutagen possible.

Oroku and Karai move back to Japan for a while. Though agents of the Foot and Saki Zaibatsu are left in NYC to find the giant rat.

Anyone else actually kinda like the last Ninja Turtles movie? I mean, it was stupid as hell but it was basically a kids movie, and it was a lot of fun.

And come on, it had Bebop and Rocksteady. And one of them was Uncle Ruckus.

>I say out Joss Whedon or JJ Abrams in charge
Sheeeeeeeeeeiiit no. Joss would just make it another female empowerment thing and Abrams couldn't be assed anyway. You know who might be good if they gave him a shot? Robert Rodriguez.

Hell, I'd settle for Justin Lin, he's directing everything else under the sun.

>I mean, it was stupid as hell but it was basically a kids movie, and it was a lot of fun.
The turtles had most of the screentime and all their personalities were clearly defined.
The story and Krang would've been fine if they were developed more, Casey should've been removed too.
I put OOTS on the same level as the 1990 movie.
>I'd settle for Justin Lin, he's directing everything else under the sun.
Star Trek Beyond was great, that could work.

the turtle boys grow up and Splinter raised them like he would have his own. in the traditions of Japan and as a martial arts master. Unable to keep the locked up in the sewers forever and no other place to move to. Splinter allows them to leave into the city at night. So long as they stayed unnoticed. Here the teenage boys pick up on the current 1980s pop culture. much to splinter's distaste and disappointment. While out on the town the boys come across April O'Neil. She's being mugged. The boys were told by splinter not to be seen, not to get involved with the human. Yet they're teenagers and know martial arts. So they jump in from a roof top and beat the mugger up. Then they quickly run away into a near by sewer man hole.

the mugger later tells his crack dealer that he was beaten by 4 huge green men with super strength. the story spreads through the NYC underworld until it reaches Foot Clan agents that run smuggling of dangerous goods. meanwhile April starts going into the sewers to do a story on the 4 giant green men that saved her.

word reaches back to Saki. Who now lives on an estate built over the ruins of the Yoshi clan temple. Shredder and Karai leave for NYC.

Some Foot Clan ninja are in the sewers and so is April. the turtles are grounded for being seen and confined to the sewer. unknown to them april is following, and a foot party is following her. A battle in the turtles home happens and the lose, but escape. splinter and the turtles relocate to an abandoned train station that happens to be below the basement of the building April lives in. Which also has a pizza place on the ground floor. Splinter is now gravely worried that Oroku Saki will return to find him and his sons. So he furthers his sons' training into being proper ninja. Giving them all weapons to balance out their personalities and fighting styles. The turtles in disguises, start delivering pizzas to earn some money(for pizza and stuff) and to scout the city for Foot.

Shredder and Karai reach NYC and start serious operations to find the rat and turtles again. One night Karai sees Leo out on a roof top. They spare and things get kind of awkward. Leo escapes clean and tells Splinter and the others of the ninja girl.

Splinter knows that it is his daughter but cannot bear to tell his sons.

Shredder frustrated by the lack of sightings on the turtles or rat, starts a campaign of terror to bait them out. low level street crimes skyrockets in NYC as foot clan members assault people, rob homes, and burn down small businesses. April is busy covering the crime wave for her new job at a tv station.

information april has given and their own intel from pizza delivery. the turtles and splinter have determined the Foot and Shredder are operating from the Saki Inc Tower.

Saki himself is, as a cover story, in town to announce the stock offering on wall street of the Saki Inc America company. Which he is doing by a public media event in the tower. April is there in place of the usual business reporter, after tying him up in his apartment. Shredder knows april was the one that first saw the turtles, but april doesn't know that he knows. so she is a little clueless when he picks her for an exclusive interview. April is taken hostage, and the turtles and splinter sneak into the tower to save her.

split up. splinter, leo and raph take on shredder and karai. Don and Mikey are fighting foot and freeing april. splinter tries ton convince Karai that shredder is not her real father. the human yoshi was. splinter tells her that she was like a daughter to him. As he and Yoshi lived together long with her mother. This only makes Shredder more angry and more dangerous for Leo and Raph to fight. april free, they try for an escape. yet shredder in his rage causes a small explosion in the tower. splinter, turtles, and april leave.

Oroku and an injured Karai, back in their business clothing, are evacuated by the fire department. the explosions so shortly after the stock offering, is a humiliation and causes the stock price to fall. Oroku must return to Japan to calm is corporate board and prevent financial disaster.

splinter, the turtles, and april are in the train station lair. Splinter goes into the story of his true origin and how it relates to Karai and Shredder.

credits.

stinger.

Karai is in a coma back in the Saki Estate. Oroku is furious at the rat and himself. Though all it not lost. He has turtle and splinter blood on his claws and armor. which his scientists are using to rediscover mutagen. then as Oroku looks out over the mountains and a starry sky, a new rift, like the one that brought splinter, opens. this time a Krang walks through.

end

Your lack of taste is appalling.

I wish both sides would just stick to focusing on each others' throats. But as it is, I've largely stopped caring about what any of them say anymore. I certainly don't care if I'm called a SJW femnazi or a [insert long list of stupid SJW accusations]...like a word that's repeated ad nauseum, it all stops meaning anything to me after a while.

Or maybe, it teaches 80scartoonfags not to trust Hollywood?

The lovehate on TMNT 2014/2016 is amazingly confusing in discussion. I don't know if a couple hate it because of genuine dislike or just because Bay was the producer speculated as a shadow director.

I think that they were both alright but pretty much nothing to hype for, and attaching Megan Fox in was an even worse off decision.

And billions of people love bays transformers. What's your point?

Also
>using RLM as valid critics
That's like citing Channel Awesome or CS. Their primary purpose is to entertain and regardless of their genuine beliefs they always agree with the masses to get the best views.

>Splinter is Hamato Yoshi from an alternate universe. The one Usagi is from.

That's a new way to reconcile it.

The greatest flaw of the Bayturtles was not having the Yoshi/Saki feud.

>Gynocentric estrogen fueled propaganda.

The original live action film is perfect and will never be topped

There has literally never been a good live action Ninja Turtle movie.

Nostalgiafags can fuck off, the original isn't very good either.