What did you think about his recent appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)?

What did you think about his recent appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1gdpyzwOOYY
youtube.com/watch?v=p8TDbXO6dkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>DUDE CLEAN YOUR ROOM LMAO
What a hack

it was good. he's been on again with bret weinstein but I haven't heard that yet. his best stuff are those clips from his classes where he's pacing up and down going "and it's like what the hell do you know? and the answer to that is roughly speaking". I watch those every morning

t. filthy autist

Yes, yes we know, your DACA mexican maid hired for less than minimum wage off the table is cleaning your room for you while you are out there fiighting the 'establishment' trashcans and taking photos with your golden champagne iPhone.

Will liberalism ever recover?

His appearance with weinstein was very shallow and very throw away imo.

That episode was good too.

Shallow and pedantic *tips fedora and resumes Rick and Morty*

I think it really helped to have another professor there who has thought out these ideas and had similar experience within academia to help go through some ideas rather than just relying on Joe Rogan saying "woah I didn't know that".

I've talked with my dad about Peterson (since he has been following him since he first started showing up on TVO) and he thinks that Peterson is having some weird mental breakdown but at the same time it is producing incredible content, ideas, and conversations. So he will sometimes sound like some ranting madman going on and on about postmodernism and Marxists yet at the core of what he is saying, and teaching in his lectures, is for the most part brilliant

dad simulator for angry millennial manchildren from broken homes

Peterson's problem is that when he's allowed to just talk uninterrupted he gets kind of extreme as his arguments build on and reinforce themselves in the limited context of the conversation until two hours into it he's raving about how the people he disagree with are some of the most evil people on earth, mixed in with a lot of "bloody!" and "man!" for emphasis.

Having someone along who meaningfully interrupts him, and makes him remember that things are a little more nuanced than how he's currently presenting them, makes him come off as a lot more reasonable.

did you mean to type this into google

I think part of the issue when he rants is simply that he has all the background knowledge and understanding of the material to lead up to his argument however he makes the error of assuming most people do as well. So when he is able to calmly explain his theories and ideas then it all sounds very reasonable and is easy to get behind. With the topics that he is talking about they need a bit more hand holding to get someone to understand his conclusions and that doesn't really happen in uncontrolled rants

sorry Caleb why not listen to an old guy complaining about blue haired girls on campus to calm you down

>his best stuff are those clips from his classes where he's pacing up and down going "and it's like what the hell do you know? and the answer to that is roughly speaking". I watch those every morning
hahahaha

btfo

Uppity redditor BTFO for eternity

what language is this

Why does it not surprise me that a Sup Forums user would hate someone who talks about the values of self-improvement?

>"SJWs are evil"
>crowd of angry neckbeard losers stand up and start clapping

never seen something more spot-on than this

It was great. His foil in the form of Bret Weinsein worked quite well to highlight the notion that Peterson's sole motivation is the pursuit of truth and the betterment of mankind. While Bretty-boy approximated and vacillated about the "moral implications" of IQ data, Peterson simply stated the facts, how they manifest in society, and what can be done to better society armed with this knowledge.

Peterson got a little tangential with regards to the underlying thought processes behind his conclusions, but that's what he always does. In his defense, it does help a great deal to understand the foundations upon which is conclusions are based.

What I enjoy most about these threads is they are often filled with contrarian brainlets who either:

1) Completely misrepresent Peterson's arguments in the form of a strawman

2) Dismiss him out-of-hand because other people are attracted to his philosophies

This is the end of this discussion right here

samefags

3) Sam Harris dickriding redditors offer pseudo-intellectual takedown with a lot of sophistry but little substance

Bret (((Weinstein))) is alright for being a leftie

he doesn't talk about self-improvement, he talks about the bible for 3 hours every week

Guys,

What do I do after I clean my room?

I a-ask for a f-friend ;_;

you write your goals and stuff to help conceptualize your ideals and what needs to be done to achieve them.

I've only seen his Pinocchio lecture but it was pretty interesting

did you do self authoring?

>Caleb

Most punchable name in earth's exist.

what did this retard mean by this

Having Peterson spend so much of his time raging against persuasive redefinition of language makes it come off as more than a little like hypocritical when he does exactly the same thing himself by e.g. using the word "truth" to describe things he admit to being "non-factual".

100% guarantee you, too, that if doing this hadn't triggered Sam Harris' autism enough for him to spend his entire first podcast arguing it with Peterson, Peterson would still be doing this completely without any qualifiers to this day.
Kind of like how he'll have conversations with atheists where he says he doesn't believe that christianity is "factual" (but only if they really press him on it), while interchangeably having conversations with christians where he'll call himself a christian who believes in god without any qualifiers to say that he only does is in a "non-factual" sense. Nobody has called him on that bullshit, since everybody seems to want to talk to him now and they don't want to commit the same faux pas as Harris did when he 'tismed out over something as clearly trivial and unimportant as whether Peterson actually thinks he things he say are true or not.

fukken rekt

in all fairness, sam harris poked peterson's logic so fucking full of holes, he sounded like a schizo retard

>hurr it doesnt matter what is factually correct, the truth is what keeps us alive

when sam said "you know there are worse fates than death right? there could be a planet where everyone is tortured for eternity, even the torturers, and you somehow say that something would still be pragmatically "true" even if it resulted in us arriving at this reality, so long as we avoid death?"

dude didnt fucking know how to respond. proceeded to stumble over himself for the next 15 minutes

>do you think Jesus Christ has been reborn
>uhh I... well it depends on what you mean by Jesus Christ

dropped

this. I'm a huge samfag and a jordanfag but sam pulled him apart on this, it was hard to listen to

Yeah but unironically it proves that the Joe Rogan Podcast has more intelligence and relevance than any college course offered on the North American continent.

Where can I watch this?

So not only you haven't seen any Peterson video but you haven't even seen the podcast this thread is about. Why are you even here?

fukken cucked

lmao

It's from the first time JP went on Sam's podcast Waking Up. He came on again a short while after and they had another conversation that's actually better.

First episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=1gdpyzwOOYY

Second episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=p8TDbXO6dkk

Do you even know what a samefag is? He's not pretending to be different persons or replying to himself, you newfag retard.

no, I just know about it

Perfect. Thanks, user.

>RESCUE YOUR FATHER FROM THE REALM OF CHAOS AND RETURN TO THE REALM OF ORDER WITH WITH THE FRUITS OF YOUR SACRIFICE

haha he posted it!!!!11!!one!

Makes Joe look like a complete imbecile.

Did you come to this thread with the sole purpose of making sure everyone in it you hadn't familiarized yourself with the material needed to discuss it?

Because that's precisely what you just did.

rekt

>I hate this ugly illogical pseud so much.

Didn't mean to greentext.

>100% guarantee you, too, that if doing this hadn't triggered Sam Harris' autism enough for him to spend his entire first podcast arguing it with Peterson, Peterson would still be doing this completely without any qualifiers to this day.

And you think Harris got the better of Peterson in that argument, do you?

>Kind of like how he'll have conversations with atheists where he says he doesn't believe that christianity is "factual" (but only if they really press him on it), while interchangeably having conversations with christians where he'll call himself a christian who believes in god without any qualifiers to say that he only does is in a "non-factual" sense. Nobody has called him on that bullshit, since everybody seems to want to talk to him now and they don't want to commit the same faux pas as Harris did when he 'tismed out over something as clearly trivial and unimportant as whether Peterson actually thinks he things he say are true or not.

Seems to me Peterson is saying that he believes in the lessons of the Bible, as they are important and can be useful to draw information from, but doesn't necessarily consider himself a faithful practicing Christian. Wow, that was intellectually challenging to understand.

>Having Peterson spend so much of his time raging against persuasive redefinition of language makes it come off as more than a little like hypocritical when he does exactly the same thing himself by e.g. using the word "truth" to describe things he admit to being "non-factual".

I don't want to spend any time on this other than pointing out for other user's that its disingenuous as all fuck. Searching the philosophical meaning of truth has been happening since the beginning of philosophy and is hardly comparable to a biological female wanting to be called a "male" because she feels like one.

The fact that you could attempt to make that point in good faith shows you know fuck all.

hahahaha holy fuck son

Why does he piss off lefties so much? I don't even know what he is talking about half the time but it pissed them off so it must be right.

He's not wrong though, he has correctly identified that the left-wing's "equity" obsession leads to the kind of thinking that motivated the Bolsheviks - "the peasants who have slightly larger farms than other peasants must be thrown into the gulag!"

I haven't come across a single Peterson-hater who is able to construct a convincing argument for what is wrong with him, besides "lol he's just a Christian LMAO"

Which isn't an argument, of course.

Because he completely exposes their shitty ideas, that's why.

>Everyone agrees abortion is bad LMAO
>all feminists hate white males so feminism is evil LMAO

if Jordan Peterson actually enlightens you with his obvious bullshit, kill yourself

This. "White privilige is the most racist term in the world" is literally where you can tell he's a complete idiot.

>dude college SJWs are the most important problem in society lmao

WEW
E
W

>can't even quote the correct posts
Found the brainlet lefty.

>like Jordan Peterson
>hate his autistic fanbase
Can someone recommend me some movies for this feel?

>it doesnt matter what is factually correct, the truth is what keeps us alive
I think he has a point though, and here's an example. Racial differences. There are racial differences, anybody who investigates the matter can see this. But lots of people don't admit them - they find creative ways to deny them. Because that keeps them alive (they're scared of provoking a race war).

1. I've never heard him say anything about abortion
2. You're not making an argument, which just proves my point that leftists are too stupid to form coherent arguments against him

The Greatest Story Never Told

EXCELLENT DESU. I just can't help but think about kermit the frog when I hear him talk.

annihilation

got'em

What conclusion do you derive from racial differences? That you're better because you're white and whites tend to have higher IQs? You're an insecure idiot and the guy you quoted has valid points. About abortion: he said abortion is generally bad (morality comes from god) and no one disputes that. Except people do. And rightfully so.

he unironically is religious/spiritual
he's automatically a fucking retard
don't bother responding i'm not debating this fact

the story about how he met his wife is p funny

if you aren't murdering white race traitors blacks indians asians muslims you are the problem

they're a symptom of it

*tip*

has it been with any woman besides his wife? it sounds like maybe not

has he I mean

>son, have you cleaned your room yet?

it was breddy gud. podcast with weinstein was good too

a lot of rebellious, spiteful and bitter nerds itt

get sorted/10

JP is probably pretty insecure himself. He sounds pretty convincing for a guy who has to invent stuff to prove his points though, I'll give him that.

>weinstein

my parenthesis keys are broken, can someone fix this for me

great stuff

Fight Club

dayum son, why didn't you just delete your post?

K E K
E
K

this

Are there any podcasts with a similar level of socio-philosophical debate to this episode?

weren't they neighbors and knew each other since they were kids?

google the big words, user

Cum Town

AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING WITH IDEOLOGIES. YOU KNOW I ALWAYS SAY THAT PEOPLE DON'T HAVE IDEAS, IDEAS HAVE PEOPLE. AND THAT'S THE BLOODY IDEA THAT'S WRAPPED ITS HEAD AROUND AN UNDERWATER KOREAN BASKET WEAVING CARTOON MESSAGE BOARD.

IT'S LIKE.

IT'S LIKE YOU DECIDE OK, OK SO LETS SAY YOU TURN IN AN ESSAY OR A TEST AND YOU GET A PRETTY POOR GRADE YOU KNOW, ONE YOU DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE GOING TO GET. NOW YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED AN ANOMALY. YOU'VE LEFT THE TREES AND YOU'RE ON THE VELDT, AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING. IT'S NOT ON YOUR OWN VOLITION OF COURSE. SO YOU'VE GOT A COUPLE OF OPTIONS YOU CAN BUCKLE DOWN AND TRY HARDER. OR LETS SAY THIS BAD GRADE THROWS YOU SO. FAR. OFF. THE. TRACK. THAT YOU SAY WELL I COULD JUST DROP THIS CLASS. I COULD JUST DROP OUT OF COLLEGE. I COULD DROP OUT OF THE NORMS OF SOCIETY. AND THEN YOU CAN DROP OUT OF LIFE.

AND BELIEVE ME. THAT IS NOT A ROUTE YOU WANT TO GO DOWN. YOU CAN EXTRAPOLATE THE CONSEQUENCES OF A BAD GRADE ALL THE WAY TO GENOCIDE. AND THAT'S NO JOKE

Is this actually good or is it a bunch of twentysomething faggots acting vulgar?

Thank you so much for this.