Solo is the first dead Marvel Nower title

"Vol 1" was taken off the trade in amazon, which is what happened to Black Knight, Howling Commandos Of SHIELD, and Angela.
This happened to Moon girl and is the only one that went on due to being an all ages title.

What do you think will be the next dead Marvel Nower titles?

Other two Merc solo titles.

Kinda pathetic for a relaunch to have its first cancellation after little more than a month.

I think Slapstick is next. Mosaic is gonna survive a bit longer because Marvel is at least invested enough to put it on life-support. Foolkiller is getting great word-to-mouth though I don't think that will translate to sales.

>Solo dies before Issue 2 coming out.
Delicious.

Who would have guessed?

Hopefully fool killer survives.

I'm shocked.

Mosaic, though it'll probably get an extended opening arc.
I hope they at least keep the artist around. I liked Mosaic, but the writing's very flawed, and the art was what turned it from a mediocre book into a good one. Given that the same writer is partly responsible for Solo, I can't see him having an illustrious career.

Deadpool works because he has had good arcs, written by people when nobody gave a shit about him.

these people are trying to repeat the success and wonder what they're doing wrong.

I consider myself pretty well-versed in Marvel history and even I knew basically nothing about Solo beyond his name. I really don't know who this book was even targeted at.

I'm one of the three Solo fans in the world that had been hoping for him to reappear and even I was shocked to see him getting an ongoing.

It's pretty clear that it was just a stealth mini though.

So is he actually a decent character? I read the first issue of the new series and it seemed pretty cut and dry "mercenary with guns" stuff.

I honestly thought it was a Han Solo ongoing.

>I really don't know who this book was even targeted at.
Neither did Marvel.

Oh no!

Who the fuck is Solo?

Foolkiller or Mosiac.

A former soldier-turned-vigilante who teleports and uses guns to kill bad guys. No, he's not Deadpool.

No, he's not the Punisher either.

The One-Man War On Terror.
In other words, Deadpool but less self aware or funny. And he can teleport, or something.

Mosiac, literally nobody cares for the NuHumans unless it's Kamala.

Should've called himself TOM WOT, and have a fake cockney accent. There, I fixed Solo for you Marlel, no need to thank me, just give me a 12-issues minimum ongoing for any character I want and we'll call it even.

No one even wanted this book.

I told you, Sup Forums. The kids of today should defend themselves against the nineties.

Didn't Solo just come out last week? That was a fast cancellation

Books are ordered three months in advance so they knew #1 sales were going to be really bad and only drop.

Foolkiller, Mosaic, Solo, Slapstick were all easy calls for cancellation before they even came out.

>First appearance: Web of Spider-Man #19, October (1986)
>HURR LOOK AT ME AND MY SHITTY MEME

You're an idiot.

what's the point in making a book to cancel it one issue in? You aren't even giving it an arc? I didn't even know this came out

Classic Marvel, not having any idea what they're doing.

They're going to publish enough issues to fill up a trade, issue 2 isn't canceled.

They're giving D-listers chance to shine :^)

>Solo
>Not Mosaic
I thought it did even worse than Solo.

It's getting 5 or 6 issues, enough for a trade

Nonsense, user. CBR taught me there are billions of PoC who can't wait to spend their money on books about black superheroes written by black writers. Did you see how Black Panther sells well? Expect Mosaic to be in those numbers.

ffs i liked this

You thought wrong, they both sold like shit, but Mosaic sold barely better than Solo.

>that butthurt strawman
Waste of trips.

Why did Foolkiller, Solo and Slapstick, with absolutely no momentum, get books?

Outside of the obvious "We want the Deadpool audience."?

>he already sucked in the Shooter days
>and they brought him back
BRAVO MARVEL

Lots of good characters sucked during Shooter's reign (not that Solo is one of them...)
I guess now Shooter could do no wrong because he was conservative. The irony that mostly jaded millennials who weren't around during Shooter's reign seem to think this is not lost on me.

trademarks?

So Shooter would vote for Trump. I see.

I think Foolkiller got it because he's a Gerber creation, like Howard the Duck and Man-Thing, which both were in some pretty recently successful books.

I only knew him beforehand from Revenge of the Sinister Six, and even then, I only really remembered his cool catchphrase. Dude's just one of many violence-heavy early 90s heroes, but I like him.

Doubtful, since he employed plenty of immigrants.

>solo
>gets one issue

Explains the title desu

Marvel likes throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. In general, they give quite a lot of D-listers books to see if they can make it big. It's hardly a bad thing, and it's better than Yet Another Iron Man Spinoff.

>It's hardly a bad thing
>this is what Marveldrones actually believe
Literally Whos are the bane of comics and need to be purged.

>Literally Whos are the bane of comics and need to be purged.
>this is what cancerous characterfags believe
Do this world a favor and commit suicide please.

underposted

This, I'm liking Foolkiller.

fuck off capeshitter

disappointed that mosaic is not cancelled
fucking marvel shills

Marvel is giving it the old heave ho, they're giving away issue 2 to retailers who ordered issue 1 and you can bet your biscuits they'll reprint issue one and pair it up with IVX or the next big Deadpool #1.

what the fuck

it'll fail anyway, but it's annoying to say the least

Mosaic's issue 2 is already getting a Spider-Man appearance so it can't be doing that well.

Hah. Same here.

Fuck off, faggot. We'd have never gotten Shadowpact by this logic.

>Willingham

Was the issue at least decent?

I think this is about making a character "happen" so Marvel can do multimedia stuff with as many characters as possible before any X-Men.

He's pretty much a cut and dry "mercenary with guns" type just with teleportation powers, but he was created back when that was still a bit of a novelty, and I liked his early appearances in Spider-man.

So yeah, he's a decent character, but he's a decent character that fills a niche that a dozen other characters already fill.

Nope, incredibly forgettable plot and art. Into the trash it goes.

>>

No. His backup in Deadpool was better.

It was alright. Nothing special, which is the worst thing you could say about a z-list fringe book.

How the fuck can you guys even get interested in Marvel titles? If it's an Avengers book, it'll get to 12. Anything else will be lucky to pass issue 6.

Read 'em as miniseries. It's what they basically are, anyway.

Nothing inherently wrong with minis, to be fair

>What do you think will be the next dead Marvel Nower titles?
Mosaic and Foolkiller sadly.

>It's pretty clear that it was just a stealth mini though.
Most Marvel books are made "ongoing" because of the belief that minis don't sell so advertising miniseries as such dooms them. This also gives Marvel wiggle room so that if sales/orders for the first few issues look good, they can keep it going and if they look shit (as was the case here) they "cancel" it at what was likely going to be the final issue of the mini anyway.

bit faster than I thought it would happen

don't even know why they gave him a book in the first place. was it just because he was in a Deadpool team book?

Yes, they gave Solo, Foolkiller, and Slapstick solos in the hopes that they can get another Deadpool success.

Samefagging and while that might seem like a "good" idea since Marvel can have their cake and eat it too, in reality it's retarded and shows how dumb current Marvel is at imaging. Think about it, which sounds better to you?

As part of Marvel NOW 2, Marvel launches some ongoings and some minis. Solo gets a six issue miniseries and, while not a great seller, it finishes and maybe gets some nice word of mouth or gets forgotten.

OR

Marvel launches a bunch of "ongoings" starring Z-list characters like Solo. The books don't sell and they get cancelled by issue 6.

In one, everthing goes as it will. In the other, you've associated a character and Marvel itself with with the word "failure".

>archives still have the Halloween theme

Marvel doesn't care to understand how popularity works.

Like, I don't think they realize Squirrel Girl and Kamala gained a foothold on humor and non conventional sexual appeal rather than soap boxing or waaackynes.

>or waaackynes
But that's what made Whoreley Quinn popular!

If they want another Deadpool, Death's Head would be their best bet, yes?

Death's Head would sell worse than Solo. He'd get the sales of the 10 Bongistanis pushing 40 that actually remember the character.

His design is kinda cool. Tweak it a bit (get rid of the more garish colors, giving him a slightly more unified look) and you'd get a character that could draw in a decent audience. I mean, do you really think Solo was like 5000 fans or however much his #1 sold?

I don't get why they need more. Deadpool himself has a few on-goings now, Gwenpool exists, and Duckpool is coming out.
What more do they need?

I have never heard of Solo, Slapstick, or Foolkiller. I'm not surprised they're all failing horrendously.

I only know about Mosaic because Sup Forums had a tantrum about an ongoing book about a black Inhuman and even he's selling almost nothing because no one gives a shit.

Fuck off Foolkiller is good.

and it's still going to get cancelled

Not if we support the book.

Me too.

I'm pretty sure Sup Forums is significantly smaller than 20k people.

user, if I learned something here, is to never doubt the power of meme magic.
If we meme enough Solo will last until number 12.

Foolkiller I mean

I think saving Foolkiller is beyond Sup Forums's sigil magic

>What do you think will be the next dead Marvel Nower titles?
Crossing my fingers for Champions.

Foolkiller as a character/concept doesn't have very many appearances and pretty much every one of them was written by either Steve Gerber or Roger Stern so it's quality all around.

If nothing else, the 1990 mini should be required reading on Sup Forums. I'm surprised it's never been collected.

holy shit that looks fucking awful

marvel hasnt been this shitty since mid 90s

The art does not do the writing any favors.

And vice versa.

Marvel's making sure that lasts at least 12 issues

>one-man war on terror

Why the fuck did they think this George W. Bush bullshit would sell in 2016? This comic is like 14 years out of date.

>it's Spider-Man team-up issue
>it's Deadpool team-up issue
>it's Wolverine team-up issue
>it's crossover with more successful comic
>it's event tie-in
Could you pull 12 issue with this? Or you'd have to go good ol' variant blackmail?

What's man-thing been in lately?

They tried to appeal to their conservative white male readers... but it was more of a mockery saying here, make do with that D-lister and stop whinning.
Then when Solo fails, which I bet even they expected it to, they'll just say that they were all along, people want comics with diversity.

Sure thing kid. Which character?