Disappointed with the first Wonder Woman trailer with the "Secretaries are Slaves" part

>Disappointed with the first Wonder Woman trailer with the "Secretaries are Slaves" part

>Watch second trailer
>"Ok this doesn't look bad, DC might have won me back..."
>Wonder Woman logo shows up
>Cringey guitar riff plays for no reason
>This scene shows up at the end

Jesus fucking Christ, can DC do anything right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8nTdLAfa0V8
youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
youtube.com/watch?v=0nq7AeFDAz4&ab_channel=DarthZorne
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I enjoyed it. Finally a DC movie that doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously.

>can DC do anything right?

comics

I don't understand your problem. Did you honestly, HONESTLY expect the movie to have no social commentary?

>Set in World War 1 which was over a century ago

Yes, yes I did.

Man I can't wait for the bitching and moaning threads about anons being triggered by this movie.

He meant social commentary about that time period, hell Wonder Woman always had social commentary even when Marston was writing the comic.

Then you are incomprehensibly stupid. It's a fucking WONDER WOMAN movie. It could have been set in Greek times and there'd still be social commentary.

>Finally a DC movie that doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously.

Except that's exactly the problem. These characters are portrayed as being serious in the comics, and DC/Warner Bros is trying to force feed us quips and quirkiness in a movie that shouldn't have any of that.

If there is no lesbian love or rope bondage, I am not going to be pleased

>Marvel movie is a quipfest
>OMG I love humor!
>DC movie tells a joke
>OMG I hate humor!
Not a company war thread, no sir.

You're the one who's turning this into a company war, not me.

It's an electric cello.
youtube.com/watch?v=8nTdLAfa0V8

You really think that by identifying the correct instrument that riff was played with that it's going to make it less cringey and less unnecessary to be there in the score?

>Etta Candy
>Potrayed as being serious in the comics

Casuals please leave.

Yes. Also I've yet to encounter anyone who uses the word "cringe" and have them not be gigantic faggots. You continue my streak.

>and have them not be gigantic faggots

And you've just rendered your own opinion null and void. Bravo.

Continuing to be a gigantic faggot, I see.

Which is hilarious considering is set in WW1

Different user here, are you claiming there has never been a serious adaptation of Etta Candy, ever? Because you're being a pretentious asshole and you've also never read the George Perez run

They don't call it the Wacky War for nothin'!

THANK YOU

>Etta Candy is shit comic relief
That's the most true to source thing in the entire DCEU.

>Cringy Guitar riff
opinion discarded

QUIPS
U
I
P
S

No kidding.

Have you failed to understand that the guitar riff is her theme song?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

Have you failed to understand that electric guitars don't make everything better?

But you can't say
>for no reason
When it has a reason

It's an electric cello.

youtube.com/watch?v=0nq7AeFDAz4&ab_channel=DarthZorne

So your reasoning for the riff to be there was because it was in her theme in Batman V Superman.

So what was the reasoning for it to be there in that movie?

Are people still sperging about the secretaries are slaves line?

She is greek, her idea of the term is little like modern western interpretations.

That's the only part I enjoyed.
The rest seems meh.

It's her theme song, her theme song for her movie.

because they want the shared universe to be cohesive?

Do people actually dislike Wonder woman's theme?

Its one of the few things in BvS I liked

I bet Marvel lasts longer killing it at movies but sucking at comics than DC does doing it the opposite way. Of course, if WB doesn't replicate SS's success, then they might end up getting bought out by Disney. Then JL/Avengers could be a common occurrence!

Nothing released about WW1 this year is serious.
Which really is funny considering it was objectively the greatest human tragedy to ever happen.

>he really thought a wonder woman movie wouldn't have commentary on the role of women in society

>is an OP acts like a retard for no reason episode

I highly doubt Wonder Woman is going to give the conflict the severity it deserves. Everyone pretty much shit the bed on that one. More and more it seems like that choice of setting was a bad idea. Unless Ares is still somehow involved

I didn't claim that, but Etta Candy being used for comic relief is not in any way going against her potrayal in the comic and you are being a pretentious asshole claiming otherwise.

But 3x as many people died in WWII.

>Greek times and there'd still be social commentary
To be fair that might actually be justified considering they treated women like contemporary muslims treat theirs.

I too am shocked Wonder Woman's theme appears in the Wonder Woman movie trailer. Will wonders never cease?

Nigga you are dumb

Yeah, but lot of them weren't white.

Even though there were multiple womens rights movements even before the war?
Some of who were violent?

1/3 of the deaths in WW2 were russian and eurasian. We're only counting human lives.

I mean, to be fair, it would seem really out of character if she didnt mention something about the conservative passive nature of women at that time.
I mean, what you expect of her?
"Im wonderwoman, who have never been held under your social norms and have always been treated equally to everyone else. Imma stop an immoral war to maintain your weird ass stagnant psuedo-caste system."

Nah, they didn't rape little girls in ancient Greece.

They were too busy raping little boys.

Razor sharp edginess

Arguably WW2 was a direct result of WW1 and the complete collapse that followed.

>Disliking the only good thing in this whole debacle

That sick nasty guitar riff is sick and nasty.

For the billionth time, that's not a guitar.

Is still sick and OP has shit taste

But that's what Marvel fans always wanted! If you wanted serious plots and characters, characters with big tits, you could just watch Anime, anything, go crazy.

this should have taken place in WW2 to butt heads with captain america for "first avenger/first leaguer"

>Feminism Woman in a movie set in the era when women started to be allowed to vote (because all the men were off getting shellshocked in French mud)
>No social commentary

Come on, man, be realistic.

WWII is WWI part II.

The WW theme is awesome, pls no bully.
Also, this part wasn't terribly funny sure but it wasn't awful. Do you really expect a movie about Wonder Woman to not bring up women's issues/ perspectives?

>People getting fucking triggered over this shit

You faggots are just as bad as SJWS and you'll never realize it. It's sad

>dress jokes

This is fucking lame. And doesn't she wear a mini-skirt in the movies? They're not exactly practical either

ur autistic bub

Not to mention that this is WW. She's all about this shit. She may not be the angry feminazi a lot of people seem to think she is, but there's always been a feminist bent to the character. Considering the character and the setting, this movie was always going to have commentary like this.

It could be far, far worse. The whole movie could be about how much better women are than men.

>>Wonder Woman logo shows up
>>Cringey guitar riff plays for no reason

Are you gay? Here theme or whatever you want to call it was one of the better things about BvS

Observed.

THAT FEEL WHEN THE NEW WONDER WOMAN MOVIE WILL BE SHIT BUT IT WOULDNT BE GAL GODATS FAULT

>BUT SHE TAKES THE FALL

>Do people actually dislike Wonder woman's theme?
I do. That shit was loud and doesn't fit.

The theme is terrible

THE HERO WE DESERVE

BUT NOT THE ONE WE NEEDED

Meh. I plan on watching DCEU films not because they're enjoyable but to be able to discuss them. If you're a DC fan, you focus on the cartoons, tv series, and comics. That's how it is until they reboot the movie-verse in ten years.

I hope we get a WW cartoon out of this. We've been waiting over 20 years.

>people unironically like Wonder Woman's theme

>people have differing opinions
Shocker, I know.

In pre-modern Islam there was a "widespread conviction that beardless youths possessed a temptation to adult men as a whole, and not merely to a small minority of deviants".[60] This was despite the wide-spread belief of pederastic relations being immoral.[61] Nevertheless, it is well documented in today's Afghanistan.[62]

This. You can't be mad at feminism in wonder woman. If it goes full on feminazi then you can complain.

I like it

Thank christ I wasn't the only one thinking it. That guitar rift "theme song" for Wonder Woman is just horrible and unfitting.

Danny huston is Ares

Really?

I just wanted Wonder Woman to fight mythical creatures, possibly in a modern day setting. Why has DC let me down once again...

>Wonder Woman always had social commentary even when Marston was writing the comic

The whole point of the bondage thing - besides Marston's fetish - was as a commentary on women freeing themselves from the constraints of society and gender roles. He was a fuckin' feminist. An SJW, if you will.

THAT'S RIGHT, FUCKBOIS, SJWS BEEN IN THE GAME LONGER THAN YOU BEEN ALIVE, YOU'RE ALL REALLY FUCKED NOW

Because Americans. Americans fucking love random guitar riffs intruding in everything almost as much as they love clapping, farts and cuckoldry.

your complaining about this now?

>having faith in DC in the first place

You deserved it

I've been complaining about it forever.

Can't wait to hear WW complain about poor women while dumb males die all around in a giant pointless war.

males are such savages

People underestimate this. World GDP didn't reach pre-WWI levels until the 1970s. WWII was essentially fought on the ruins of the pre-WWI world.

>wanting bad CGI monsters

I didn't like it at first, and then it grew on me, and then it was shoved into every trailer even when it didn't belong, and I've started to get annoyed by it again. It's like it's become their meme when they're essentially saying "Hey, remember how you liked her cameo role in BvS, when it stood out against the rest of the crap? Well this is like that, please see our movie!"

Well I also wanted good CGI. But it looks like the CGI in the movie will be shit anyways, and they didn't even need to put in monsters in the first place.

I really like it but it doesn't suit WW at all to me. Might suit this version of WW, but whenever I think of WW, I won't be hearing this theme. IMO, she really needs something on the level of Williams' Superman theme.

In fact, I really hope the rest of the JL gets themes that suit them. I want Aquaman to get a good theme.

I don't understand why there's so much slo-mo. bullet blocking slowed down, okay, but crashing through a window in slow motion, a spinning kick in slow motion, walking toward an explosion in slow motion, what is the point of it all? A little bit is cool, a lot makes it seem like it's the only trick in your book, and judging by the action shown, that may be the case.

At least they fixed the god awful obvious cgi of Gadot's face onto the stunt double.
Another case of trailer cgi is not final.

>The whole movie could be about how much better women are than men.
Give it time.

Because kino pleb marvel looks like a tvshow don't understand deep art kys.

Same, but I wanted it to be in the 20's.

It's called style, something the DCEU does much better over the MCU.

kek

Too bad it all looks like shit. Slow mo should only be used to show off something impressive. Bullets turning into pixie dust upon hitting friend bracelets are not impressive.

>>Watch second trailer
>>"Ok this doesn't look bad

lol