What is the benefit to being an atheist?

What is the benefit to being an atheist?

You get to feel smart.

Rewards of the christfag are precisely the same.

Don't have to worry about eternal damnation.
Don't have to engage in rituals.
Don't have the left blaming my religion for everything and persecuting mr based off beliefs.
Don't have to starve myself for Ramadan.
I don't get persecuted by peers for not following their special variation of my religion.
I cn eat what I want.
No worrying about reincarnation.

We communists will not kill you once the revolution comes.

user has solid points.

you can wear a nice hat

that's not the point, you do it for the truth not reward

clarity about the world is its own gift.

Watching someone fumble through a haze of mysticism and superstition is sad to watch though.

>tips fedora

Rewards? I don't choose my religion or lack thereof based on rewards. I choose it based on rational thinking. I simply can't believe in a Judeo-Christian deity because there is zero evidence to support the claims they make.

I feel the vast majority of atheists are agnostic people that use the word atheist in reference to the common religions. I find most atheists are quick to admit that SOMETHING could exist but we just have no knowledge or understanding of it.

Christianity is the biggest lie ever sold to the West by the Jews.

Also if you being faithful to your religion hinges on "rewards" then you aren't being faithful nor will you gain your rewards since you are essentially wanting to use religion.

>benefit
Underage

You get to live based on your own morality, not one some ancient Jews wrote down.

>tips yarmulke
M'goyim

You get a free chair

I think an atheist can have a more care free state of mind.
I have no problem with religious people and they should have no problem with atheism either.
I think that at the end we all gonna find out the truth or we dont so there is really no point in fighting about such nonsenses.

(You)

>What is the benefit to being an atheist?

Youre slightly less gullible than the average

shut the fuck up and go outside to smoke another cigarette

Why do you care about rewards so much? Isn't the divine about being above the reward-punishment dichotomy?

>Don't have to worry about eternal damnation.
>No worrying about reincarnation.

Neither of these is entailed by Atheism.

what is the benefit of taking the red pill?

Euphoria

>I don't get persecuted by peers for not following their special variation of my religion.

this is the most disgusting aspect of every religion.
Name one religion that doesn't have internal conflicts; and i dont mean strictly violent conflicts

andWhat is the benefit of being cucked by a sky daddy?

So really just lifelong apathy? That sounds pretty shitty user

This makes no sense to me

your beliefs aren't something you should be rewarded for. That's some SJW level retardation

There is none.
You become an empty shell of your former self.

>Not getting buttfucked by the Cultists leaders
>Not being restrained by moronic laws dictated by some anciant pedo goatfucker

It promises nothing, so there is nothing to be disappointed about.

> What is the benefit to being an atheist?
What is the benefit of settling with a certain category?

Why do you feel you need a reward?

>1388

nice try, user.

You already were an empty shell. The redpill just makes you realize it and allows you to overcome it.

>buying into a belief system based on the rewards it promises

I think I found your problem

Also click here to win a free laptop

>7 years ago at community college
>first day, everyone introduces themselves
>everyone gives a brief "hi im x and i like x and i work at x ect"
>fat kid wearing all black turn
>"well my name is david and i'm and athiest"
>continues on giving entire fucking life story for a solid 5 minutes

k

unrestrained thought

Nah it's alright.

What do you mean?

Community
Moral guidelines
Magic sky guy on your side
All as long as you d as he says, although slight problem is that everyone has different interpretations.

Less wasted time and resources

This. These are MY gods. This is my pantheon. One based on REASON and LOGIC, not silly superstitious beliefs.

>No worrying about reincarnation

What's there to worry about? That you'll come back as a roach?

Pic related

Why are atheists shilling the fuck out of Sup Forums?

No fucks given, thus I feel happy, and enjoy the most of mi life.

You can say that god sucks and you are also """""free""""" from the """""barriers""""" of religion

Valid points.

came here to post this

You can make solid cost-benefit analysis about your life's decisions, by not mistakenly believing there's a supernatural being that protects you or grants you favors, either in this life or some some of afterlife.

The same benefits as believing there's an invisible man in the sky, watching everything you do 24/7.
So the benefit is nothing, because believing in it doesn't change anything, since it's a fucking fairy tale. So, the benefit of believing in nothing is nothing, and the benefit of believing in fiction is... nothing.

holy fucking shit

I love you aussie

Expanded horizons, you don't limit yourself in your knowledge and can learn many beautiful things about the inner workings of system that is life.
I also don't have to consult a book or anything to know what is good and right, I make my own moral guidelines based on what the consequences of my actions and inactions are.

this, you can just be who you want to be and not be enslaved to what some ancient book or church says you should think.

You're not lying to yourself.

Also, you're freed from the fear of eternal damnation.

>decisively grasps tie

Pretty impressive image though, even though it comes from the heart of celebworshiping.

think i just shit my pants

Read Neitzhe, it has a very positive and happy atheist views.

tldr it's about finding your perpose to do something significant to manking, either do something, make something or raise great children to make your tiny evolutionary step forward at humanity's evolutionary way.

That's a lot better that living just to die waiting to go to imaginary heaven.

>not posting the original

>You get to feel smart.
christians wont hate you. wait no...

Islam won't hate you... wait no...

the jews wont hate you at least!

Wageslave your life and die, because that's what it is all about.

In buddhism, existence is pain
Nirvana means blown out

>tfw just noticed that it has George carlin, le trash man, bill nye the shabbos goy and...
wait a minute
oh fuck me
on the far left, isn't that...

Sky daddy does not cuck you he stops you from being cucked by conniving jews.
Just for one second, image jews trying to pull the shit they are pulling now in a fully religious society.
You think movie stars would be sucking peoples dicks on live tv? You think faggots would be running in the street eyeing children with assless chaps?
You think people would call themselves animal kin and run around fantasizing about fucking ponies?
Do you think women would be proud of not being a mother?
Do you think women would whore themselves out to every other guy in the street?
Do you think this, everything is morally grey i'm a moderate bullshit would exist?
The world would be much better if everyone was religious. In fact it was much better when everyone was religious. At least then you could tell someone to fuck off when they are morally bankrupt.
Tell me, as an atheist, what is wrong with letting society get destroyed?
Who cares about your children, they're just going to rot in the ground and so are you. What is the point in celebrating any holiday? What is the point of going to funerals.
You take away religion and you take away someones cultural roots. Stop being a cuck to the jews. Either take a stand and become Christian or Pagan.

That's like asking what's the benefits of being redpilled when all it's just realising everything is complete shit

>Proceeds to be governed and abide by the laws of the government.

I like it.

Atheists really have a twisted version of the world. To think I was one at some time.

What is up with this idea that Christians consult the Bible each time they have a question about the physical world? Literally no Christian does this. They might tie the teachings of the Bible into their understanding of the physical, however science and religion ask two completely different questions.

>things christcucks actually believe

>What is up with this idea that Christians consult the Bible each time they have a question about the physical world?
I never said "every time", funny how you claim atheism is twisted while twisting my own words.

>however science and religion ask two completely different questions.

Ideally yes, in practice, religion interferes with people's understanding of the physical world.

>painting using influence of christians to show importance.
Without the believe in higher powers this painting is just a bunch of faggots sitting on a rock in bad weather.
The reason you retarded atheists think its cool or meaningful is because of the foundational christian ideas of god creating a storm around them as the stand confidently knowing he will not hurt them.
>mfw atheists can't even come up with their own culture and just steal christian style art.

Where did I say that atheists were completely free?

This

Equal to the benefit of anything else. Which is nil.

literally arguing exactly like a jew shill by changing the topic and not addressing the real issue.
suddenly there are hundreds of atheist newfags running around this board and you want me to believe you aren't shills?
This entire thread looks like it came off plebbit.

furthermore, you can't "make" your own moral guidelines. Morality is based on logic and is a product of something higher. This is what Christianity is all about. Its a religion based on the logic of morality.

>believing you're entitled to eternal happiness.

Selfish and delusional. You've done nothing in your lives to deserve such a thing.

>implying i'm christian
I wish I were though. Its okay because I know I will be killed on the day of the rope.

You can browse Sup Forums all day on sundays

I mean exactly what I said. You can be an atheist and believe in modal realism/Tegmark level IV multiverses, in which case, when you die your memories will live on in some other multiverse - one that is possibly hellish where you live forever in that multiverse. Also, even normal physics provides a way for you to live an eternally hellish existence through quantum immortality.

>didn't even say anything about neckbears this entire time.
I like how non of you shills addressed the real argument over the value of religion either.

Impossible to tell as it's a personal and thus a subjective assessment

You either get indoctrinated by the parents or you don't

I've never felt that there was some higher power and I've seen some shit

No benefit at all.
What is the benefit in believing in god?

My parents never indoctrinated me. Yet here I am.
>muh all racists are just indoctrinated by their parents
Thats you're argument. How does it feel to be a libtard?

muh pascal

>steal
Are you literally complaining about "cultural appropriation" right now?
Jesus christ.

>pointing your twist of my argument is "arguing like a jew"

Yeah ok buddy

>you can't "make" your own moral guidelines.
Wut?
> Morality is based on logic and is a product of something higher
Lol there's nothing "higher" about logic.
The human being is a creature that looks for the common good, not because of God but because of the desire of the species to survive.

>the exaltation of Jews to godhood is the solution to the problem of criminal syndicates formed by organized Jewry, and not the original source of the troubles
>immunizing jews from accountability by making them god solves any problem
Wow, just wow. The world you live in is called the final entrapment. This is why you get a lot of Roman Cuckolics bombarding you with le happy merchant jay-pegs, because it is their goal to dog you into the final ring fence of jewish control, worship of the jew as god. But by all means, keep telling yourself that you swallowed the red pill which the nigger gave you, and that you have truly discovered the truth. Whatever makes you happy, fellah.

I guess knowing that you are a degenerate is a benefit

A debilitating sense of insignificance as reward for being convinced you've seen it all.

About the same as the benefits of being religious. If you can't prove shit will happen once you're dead the playing field remains equal.

>I don't have to consult a book
I didn't twist your words. You gave me no indication that you were doing anything other than making an idiotic blanket statement.
What is so wrong about understanding the physical through means relative to yourself? Doesn't everyone do this?
Yes, I know Christians who believe the world is 6,000 years old and don't buy the theory of evolution. Literally what difference does it make to your life or anyone's life?

My opinion on the matter is entirely my own, I don't look down on any religion except the mohamedan death cult and its subhuman following

If you found faith then good for you

>Your memories
I'll be dead though, no?
I mean if it's just my memories then whatever.

I've always dismissed stuff like reincarnation because of things like souls or metaphysical stuff like that.

>What is the benefit in believing in god?
Culture, stronger communities, stronger societies, stronger morals, happiness, the ability to realize how insignificant your own life is so that you might fight and stand up for your beliefs knowing this life is only just one part of a greater journey, not being subverted by jews, family values, not being subverted by jews, not being subverted by jews, not being subverted by jews.

Religion is the biggest blue pill

A lot of people turn to religion simply because they cannot accept that they have no control over their inevitable oblivion. That's why they get so defensive when their beliefs are scrutinized.

I forgot to mention the most important part.
Not being subverted by jews.

Do you have any facts to back up those claims. You know the most red pilled people that have ever lived in history were religious.

Yeah whatever. Im not into that religion stuff. I'm a christian and believe in a society build on christians believes but I'm not antything on fundemantlist believes.
I see it as a compass for life. The first lawbook in history but nothing else.