Regular Show Season 8 Premieres Discussion

New episode of Regular Show tonight at 8 PM (30 minutes) on CN. Like lots of episodes since Season 7 started to end, it's getting a ghost airing.

The Ice Tape: The guys travel across a freezing planet to play a special VHS tape for Pops.

Future Episodes:
>The Key to the Universe: The guys learn something very important.
-November 17th

>No Train No Gain: The guys help Pops train.
-November 24th

>another Christmas special (2016)

Series News:
JG Quintel interview about the ending, another Christmas special confirmed: idigitaltimes.com/regular-show-creator-jg-quintel-talks-ending-series-season-8-and-future-558231
Owen Dennis on the show ending: oweeeeendennis.tumblr.com/post/150795786447/its-official-the-show-is-ending-how-do-you-feel

Other urls found in this thread:

arconaitv.me/cn/
soundcloud.com/unofficial-rs-podcast
madelinequeripel.tumblr.com/post/152697911141/new-regular-show-season-8-comic-also-a-new
madelinequeripel.tumblr.com/post/151105514101/hey-im-doing-some-non-canon-supplementary
madelinequeripel.tumblr.com/post/151429961401/new-regular-show-season-8-comic-catch-us-down-at
madelinequeripel.tumblr.com/post/151753839631/another-season-8-comic-this-one-finally-answers
youtube.com/watch?v=FzZT6VT4Cy4
youtube.com/watch?v=U0w6YeeXUzE
youtube.com/watch?v=RY0-X0S_GXw
youtube.com/watch?v=f4G2dvtgVaY
youtube.com/watch?v=5MtL_O4tq6E
youtube.com/watch?v=4AxpAFBX-Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=129fqY7jfjo
youtube.com/watch?v=jYUBNY4sKtM
youtube.com/watch?v=k5w3p3NwwZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=0xoHqsIa1UE
youtube.com/watch?v=2s7q7Vw3DPg
mega.nz/#!A5FRnKrK!EPwHKpFKQThmSvCWq056p7BgE0--AHSJNDJWuVa4-Yg
youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1cNT3UBmE
youtube.com/watch?v=kf7X8bveAg4
mega.nz/#!no1SXJyI!bcPZQx1CHYiq5GvoL1A1pSuU4HG44M8xHORHQq_3L8U
tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP01321635&t=Regular Show&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on
youtube.com/user/cartoonnetwork/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stream: arconaitv.me/cn/

Crew commentary tracks for random episodes, updated when they have time: soundcloud.com/unofficial-rs-podcast

Also Madeline Queriple, a storyboarder on the show, has posted another Season 8 non-canon comic. This one features Thomas getting his ideal job. madelinequeripel.tumblr.com/post/152697911141/new-regular-show-season-8-comic-also-a-new

Previous comics:
madelinequeripel.tumblr.com/post/151105514101/hey-im-doing-some-non-canon-supplementary
madelinequeripel.tumblr.com/post/151429961401/new-regular-show-season-8-comic-catch-us-down-at
madelinequeripel.tumblr.com/post/151753839631/another-season-8-comic-this-one-finally-answers

Shorts. Upcoming ones are "Time Loop", "Space Worm", "Synth Buttons", and "Robot Rap Battle".

SPECIAL:
>Mordecai and Rigby - Ringtoneers
youtube.com/watch?v=FzZT6VT4Cy4

OLD:
>USA! USA!
youtube.com/watch?v=U0w6YeeXUzE
>Fun Run
youtube.com/watch?v=RY0-X0S_GXw
>OOOHH!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=f4G2dvtgVaY
>Break Time
youtube.com/watch?v=5MtL_O4tq6E

NEW:
>Coming Soon:
youtube.com/watch?v=4AxpAFBX-Gw
>Sick Day
youtube.com/watch?v=129fqY7jfjo
>Pizza Pouch Drop:
youtube.com/watch?v=jYUBNY4sKtM
>1973 Tetherball Championship Trophy:
youtube.com/watch?v=k5w3p3NwwZ4
>Ninja Shoes:
youtube.com/watch?v=0xoHqsIa1UE

EXTRAS:
>2 In The AM PM
youtube.com/watch?v=2s7q7Vw3DPg
>****** Naive Man From Lolliland (1080p) ******
mega.nz/#!A5FRnKrK!EPwHKpFKQThmSvCWq056p7BgE0--AHSJNDJWuVa4-Yg
>Party Tonight Music Video
youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1cNT3UBmE

Guess I haven't been paying attention, and haven't updated in awhile with the Season 8 short.

Here: youtube.com/watch?v=kf7X8bveAg4

Damn that wait was longer than usual.

Glad next week is an empty week, the show will last an extra week.

Lets see how they deal with Pops' character now.

tiny head pops gives me chills

RIP Joel

RIP that one girl's lesbian partner

Look out! That VCR has a gun!

THAT FUCKING GUN

I'm loving this episode, holy shit.

>That regular seeming one was definitely a trap.
>A revolver comes out of the tape deck.

FAH PAAAAPS!

well they're all dead

Suicidal team will be miss ;_;7

are you fucking serious

>pops is a superhero

Kek

SAVE THE UNIVERSE FROM YOURSELF OR YOU'RE FIRED

this is fucking stupid

So that leak was real. CN really did put the episode up early Friday, Pops really isn't the born son of Maellard, even though they're the same species

dropped

>Pops isn't just a big headed jolly old man who really is just a respectful person

>HE'S A SUPERHERO FROM NOT-KRYPTON AND HE HAS TO FIGHT HIS EXACT OPPOSITE, ANTI-POPS, AND NOW HE HAS TO TRAIN!

Should have seen this coming with The Real Thomas.

I'm just gonna reflect on that VHS gun as opposed to the other stupid things in the story.

Download link here!

mega.nz/#!no1SXJyI!bcPZQx1CHYiq5GvoL1A1pSuU4HG44M8xHORHQq_3L8U

Even as one of the bigger fans of the show, I'm pretty disappointed.

...No that's alright, you can keep it.

POPS. IS. A. SUPERHERO.

HE EXISTS TO BATTLE EVIL.

That was the fucking stupidest eleven minute cartoon I've seen all year. Almost dropped.

I can't even begin to name one good thing about that episode except the revolver coming out of the vcr.

Did you guys not watch the short JG Quintel made in 2005? Naive man from loliland? Pops was never from earth in the first place.

Yea, and he was never a fucking superhero.

why are they reshowing the new gumball episode? show some fucking regular show reruns if you need something to fill the damn slot

Thanks, man.

We'll know we've reached the future when people can sport hair like these and not look like fucking idiots.

Thanks!

OP here, I'm not even going to fucking make threads for this anymore.

No, of course Pops can't just be a ""normal"" nice guy, of course he has to be a fucking magical being who is the EMBODIMENT of good, and is the exact opposite of HIS EVIL TWIN BROTHER.

Because of how slow the thread is?

It fucking shit itself in the foot. I can't believe this is what J.G. Quintel calls "good" or "satisfying". What a fucking joke and an insult to the fans. The episode didn't even feel like they tried and they are just writing stupid shit up on already established lore. I'm pissed. I'll always remember Regular Show for seasons 1-5 and 7 where things were actually coherent and were funny, relatable, and enjoyable. It's sad how far we've fallen here. Tanked faster than any cartoon I've ever fucking seen. Drop the threads. It doesn't deserve them. Fuck you Regular Show crew. Way to ruin the entire ending.

I think he's dropping it fast because this Pops thing. There's never been an issue with threads being slow before so I don't see that being the case now.
God I can't believe this story.

This. The writing on the non Pops-Is-God stories are even fucking terrible. Hardly any of the episodes this season have been acceptable.

Sure, Space Race was awesome, but was anything else really? I mean god damn, 8 SEASONS IN, and they pull the "characters find out something, everyone else doesn't believe them" trope. What the fuck? Over 200 episodes and this fucking happens. That's not all, everything else has felt not just disjointed and horribly paced, but the characters are hardly themselves anymore, HAHA EXCEPT FOR POPS! POPS IS JUST LIKE WE ALWAYS KNEW HIM AS.

Reminder Maellard said Pops is starting to turn into "his true form". We're likely going to see him beyond fucking changed by the time teh epic final battul happens.

I actually thought this season was going well until The Space Race, which is where it started to feel lazy, cheap, and over the top.

>that exposition

I now believe that "Mordecai is from Nabarlamarla" story. Nothing is fucking sacred.

>the very last few fans hanging on to this show are dropping it
damn jg, how the hell did you manage to fucking loose it all

JG IS A HACK!

I can't download the episode and I missed it on TV, what the hell happened? Where's everyone going?

So wait, Pops is Superman?

No, that's a copyrighted name. He's Super Lolliman.

>"who's ready to train" at the end of the episode
>the episode AFTER the next one is about them training
this pacing is reaaallllyyy bad

>Regular Show is the last show I can stand to watch anymore
>They ruined Pops

I enjoyed it up until the prophecy thing. Really enjoyed the first guy dying and the vhs gun buy yeah,the plot went to shit.

>Show has crappy writing
>Still wonders why it's getting canned after 8 seasons

No don't pull that shit, Season 8 is shit, but it's out of nowhere.

Dating went on too long, yes, they tried development for characters that just felt kinda dumb, yes, Thomas became a god damn russian spy, yes, but the writing has never been this god awful.

Anyone concerned about it ending was mainly before this season even started.

>that nick jr level "what is pops really?" sequence a few minutes into the episode
what happened to my almost adult swim tier show?

I liked it..

Quintel leave

A story not even a creator should love.

It's over

It's fucking over

JG saying that this show will come full circle.. like that? Fucking Pops as a superhero? Pulling this shit out when its audience was perfectly fine with them just looking like weird living objects/anthromorphic animals? How? How the fuck do you just crumple your own fucking show in its last season? You just basically confirmed that everyone from the main cast isn't from Earth, and are probably also superhero aliens from other planets.. that's not the Regular Show I watched six years ago

JG Quintel ruined Regular Show

JG confirmed hack like Hirsch

I'm not even exaggerating, I'm just now able to form an opinion on what I fucking saw hours ago.

I fucking hate that this is what we've waited for.

These official fanfic comics are the best thing to come out of this show this season. Shame they don't want them to be canon. Especially since this one brought back Best Goat ;__;

This is why I can't stand this season. One of multiple reasons really, but this is a big one.

Seen what coming? Them adding retarded ass backstories to characters to make them seem Cool and Deep when they can't come up shit for them instead of just using them for good jokes and little low key episodic stories? Cause if it's that then yeah, I just wished they didn't try it again it all.

>REEEEEEE IT'S SHIT

You people are talking like any creative decision in this show is full on autonomous and not overseen and influenced by producers.

But hey, I guess you morons need an easily available scapegoat because your silly cartoon turned out not to fulfill your expectations.

Really?

Ah yes, because the network asked JG to have Pops be what he suddenly is.

kys. I know you fags are smarter than this.

>You people are talking like any creative decision in this show is full on autonomous and not overseen and influenced by producers.

There's very little producer interference when it comes to CN shows unless its something dealing with overseas censors

That being said, it's hilarious seeing people overreact to how SUDDENLY bad this episode was when the show has been this shit since Season 6. Late season 7 with the dome shit was the tipping point for most people, but I guess I'm not surprised to see its somehow losing the remnants of its audience that stayed even for a "IN SPACE..............." shark jump.

The gun VHS was an amazing gag though. I wish the show was more just shit like that.

>pops is literally superman/goku

cool

Those are what you call dedicated fans

Aka people who won't let it go when it went to shit ages ago

people sure are getting disproportionately bent out of shape about this

What's good about taking Pops, a kind old man, and making him literally the embodiment of good whose sole reason to exist is to battle his evil nigger coated brother, the embodiment of evil? Why couldn't he just've stayed being just a nice old man with a big head who sort of seemed retarded?

I'll judge it by an episode or two in the future.

>tfw Thomas good end isn't canon
He was like a "ratings booster" done right until he was revealed as a spy and made him chuuni as fuck.

No, you're not me. I'm not going to say I liked the episode, or that I enjoyed it, but I'm probably going to make threads like usual until it ends, even with the response you got about why I shouldn't.

Unless the next episode(s) severely do something worse than what happened last night, I probably will keep going. I mean, I don't exactly like what they're doing but I'm willing to hold out for a bit, especially considering this is the last season anyway. Might as well until the possibility that they go 100% dumb, which does seem like it could happen.

I'll at least see what the next episode, a few weeks away, does. Just like Did Thomas actually boost ratings? I thought more people started to watch because of how great Exit 9B was.

Calling Antipops a nigger sure speaks for your opinion.

>i want pops to return to lolliland for the finale
>we want him to be superman, do that

Its not unlikely and outright dismissing that possibility is for idiots looking for easy answers.

>people are actually defending this

Fucking cancer. That might've been the breaking point for me.

its literally just a quick throw in because he's black

if you've been on Sup Forums longer than a day you should know how incredibly often nigger or nigga comes up and doesnt affect their opinion unless they want it to or it's specifically about it

who is defending this? most people are just kind of fucked up with it right now

it's almost over anyway, why not go balls to the wall stupid with it?

>its almost over anyway, why not be lazy in writing

Seems thats what the crew decided to do.

Everyone is so upset that pops it superman.

>the show has been this shit since Season 6
It had it's own shitty problems, but they never took a main cast member and completely changed his existence so they could do a "cool" story. Pops isn't just an old guy anymore, one from obviously lolliland, but that was never important before, but just an old nice guy who cares about his friends. Now he's the pure embodiment of nice. And he has a random evil brother now. This is the same shit with Thomas, he had his own thing going until JG/the writers came up with something TOTALLY AWESOME and ruined it.

Way to point out the obvious, underaged child.

Christmas special finally has a title and a description. It airs on the first of December.
tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP01321635&t=Regular Show&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on

Christmas in Space: The guys celebrate their first Christmas in space by sharing stories and opening presents, but Benson gets annoyed that the stories have scary elements.

Why the fuck does it sound like a low-key Halloween special?

Because JG secretly knows that their last Halloween special shouldn't have had Neil in it because it fucking ruined it, and he wants to pull out a little bit more.

What am I kidding, JG doomed this show.

Iffy on if I should watch a little more or just drop it now. There's a chance something good might come of this, but I don't know how. If I drop it, I can just feel like Pops is and always will be the nice guy at the park surrounded by assholes.

That exposition was really fucking tacky. If you have to spend that long explaining backstory like that, just like with Thomas, it's obvious it wasn't the plan from the beginning. I mean, they reaalllyyy pushed it.

no dude, it's gonna be cool. we're going to have santa claus come to tell pops that he was his real father, which is why he's pure love

its gonna be cool, dude, just watch and see before my show never appears on tv again

>out of nowhere

If you're retarded maybe, which some of the people in this thread clearly are. You just admitted three different instances of shit writing. Anybody who didn't see this season being full on do-whatever-we-want garbage is a bigger dope than JG.

By the way, I saw a bug advertising the show in the corner all yesterday, so the autist who always cries about it can shut up.

saved this post, it's a favorite

>all yesterday
off and on, I only saw it on the bears episode and at some point in the morning, it disappeared often and I think it was meant just for the night

Not that autist, but he was mad about it not having any commercials, but yea, at least there was a bug, however off and on it was. I'm still shocked they put the new episode line over the CN logo now. It went awhile without it.

Also that guy won't shut up if the next episode gets the silent treatment again. I expect them to promote the christmas special though since it's airing with other christmas episodes that night, just like this recent halloween one (that sucked)

This is why you shouldn't put lore in cartoons. When will people learn?

I like how at the end the logo disappears like it usually does before the episode ends, but it happened too early so it popped back up.

Man the people at CN don't know how to run a damn thing. At least cancelling the show was a good idea.

Looking at this image reminds me, was he on Earth or this ice planet that this episode was on? Why was this tape across the entire damn galaxy if Maellard made the tape and Pops was to live out his life on Earth? Why didn't he leave the tape somewhere in the house for Pops or give it to him when the time was right? Why the hell did he make a tape of it in the first place? Why didn't he just talk to pops when, again, the time was right? What's the point? Why couldn't the big bad of the season have been something else and all the guys battle them like they've always done? Why couldn't the monster just have been one of many Jinx versions of themselves instead of messing with character backstories? Does this actually mean none of the humanoid characters on the show are actually from Earth? Is Maellard not a lolliland originated character? Is he a moon man or something? Why space? Why anything?

>pops is the singlemost important person to ever exist ever

Not really, but they usually add in a new major character in shows in order to boost ratings and hope they become a main character.

See PC Principal

PC Principal wasn't a ratings booster, he's just a part of the big social commentary story they've done for 2 seasons and really need to stop soon.

Unless you did just mean him becoming a character, not the ratings boosting part.

i miss bensons band stories

I miss the cast being on Earth, before they became literally different characters.

youtube.com/user/cartoonnetwork/videos

>every day they post songs from episodes from shows
>not a single regular show video
They do a lot of shitty songs that should fit right in, but no Mordecai and The Rigbys? The best fucking song they got.

I forgot Adventure Time had lots of songs in the beginning too. The only AT songs I can think of are "woe is me" tier songs by Marceline.

>no eileen songs

>>no eileen songs
They should really play "Come on Eileen" on the show.