ITT: Shows that are only worth to watch for the first season

ITT: Shows that are only worth to watch for the first season

ill start with the obvious one

but s2 and s3 were the best you mong

The only bad season was season 2 the mistake is if you watch it for the zombie apocalypse instead of the characters

s5 is utter dogshit

>I'll start with the obvious one

>Doesn't start with the obvious one

>s2
>bad

>implying Negan, Terminus, Governor, crazy bearded Rick, and Alexandria aren't all worth sticking with TWD for

faggot

>he actually watched it past s4
the absolute madman

true detective
CSI
The Leftovers
Better call Saul
Breaking bad
rick and morty
Sherlock
Fargo
house of cards
Black mirror
Narcos
Dexter
Twin peaks

Season 2 isn't nearly as bad as people claim it is.

2/4 main characters were absolute trash

@87451267
You have to at least put some effort into your bait you mong

>the mistake is if you watch it for the zombie apocalypse instead of the characters

You nailed it user.

The main reason TWD gets so much hate is because there is an abnormally large amount of people who continue to watch it despite having no attachment to the characters. With most shows, people just won't watch if they don't find the characters interesting. Not TWD. There are millions who watch it because it's so popular and they don't want to miss out, or because they just like anything zombie related. And these same people are the ones constantly complaining about how boring it is and how nothing happens.

Of course you're gonna find it boring if you have no investment in the characters. The whole point of the show is giving a shit about the people in it, because it's purely character driven and not plot driven. So many brainlets cannot comprehend this simple fact.

They were all great desu senpai. I feel like people say Vince sucks is because that's what they're supposed to say. He was perfectly fine. Farrell, McAdams and Kitsch were all good to.

On a related note;

> just found out Jeremy Saulnier is directing season 3
> mfw

S2 is acceptable with some great Moments, S3 is Kino and S4 is good until they get kicked out of the Prison. From then on the thing is unwatchable

This

>shows that are only worth to watch for the first episode

>s2
baiting this hard

sorry, meant s3 and s4*

I was so hype for this in high school.
But it immediately turned to shit in second 2.
Perfect example of a show for which the writers did not even plan more than a few episodes.

rectify
the first season is the purest kino ive ever wathced. season 2 is meh and season 3 and 4 are just boring

>black mirror
B-but muh "White Christmas"

Caspere knew this

Yeah god shout, season 1 was was amazing and then it just went to shit

Waahhh you have to focus on the one-dimensional, terrible acting, characters. Nah, one episode in and you can tell it's a glorified soap opera. There's fucking zombies killing off the entire population and these "characters" can barely pull their head out of their own asses. Who cares if some bitch is cheating on her husband??? The world is practically ending

Season 3 is going to be good though. I have faith in Jeremy Saulnier.

It's a good example of kicking the audience in the balls by killing off characters as you start to care about them.

They planned to have an all new cast each season, also the writers strike coincided with the 2nd season which is why it was crap/short.

Dexter

Sup Forums will shit on me for this, but i fucking love Mahershela Ali and i dont doubt it.Pizza dude is great too.

Only disappointed that we will never see Fukushimia direkcting again, he was a huge part of what made s1 so fucking good

Exactly Heroes should've done exactly what it planned from the start, and have each season be completely new characters

Season 1 was amazing because it was built up from the start and continued building until the end
Then it had no clue what to do with all those characters in season 2
If it just sticked with plan of anthology seasons, they could've created another great season (well, ignoring the fact for now that they were also fucked by the writer's strike in season 2), but instead they chose money because the season 1 characters were popular, and they suffered for it.

i really enjoyed second season desu

But season 2 has pretty much all the Shanekino you utter plebs

*rubs back of head*

Rewatch it. Watch 1 then 2 immediately after. Actually watch 2 then 1. You'll notice such a gigantic drop in quality.

But that show is the opposite, only the second season is worth watching.

Thank God the seasons are self-contained so that people won't have to suffer through the Southern Gothic plebbit hour starring Meme McMemehey

really? I was kind of bored until Sylar showed up proper and then I was rooting for him

sure, it was definitely worse than s1, but it was still better than 90% of the shows that currently air

they just set the bar too high with s1

>narcos
are you insane?
season 2 is goat and season 3 is pretty good so far

your (You) is up there

Only seasons 1 and 2 are soap opera tier. The rest of the show has none of that shit and is more focused on survival and post apocalypse kino, so really you're complaining about a very small part of TWD.

I'd say go see the Governor season though (but before he becomes a 'good' guy for a while) and maybe Shane's end. So that's 3 seasons with lots of jumping.

The walking dead is the only show I've ever watched which I dropped past 5 seasons. Last season I just stopped...it got so unfathomably bad I just didn't care anymore. Didn't even care about all the time I invested in it... Instant disinterest.

Same here. I generally HAVE to finish shows. But I got so tired of it.

The autistic garbage people are what finally killed it for me

>so we have this new over the top wacky bad guy and another extremely over the top king dude with a pet tiger, both of which might be a little hard to take for more casual audiences
>i know, lets throw in more over the top weird bullshit that wasn't even in the comics! surely people will react well to this!

i think the only shos ive dropped were The Walking Dead past season 5, Califonication past seasn 4 and Preacher after the 9th episode

most tv shows have a shit first season.\ because the turn happens at the end of the season

Sons of anarchy

Vince was one of the good 2

Kitsch and McAdams were trash