Why is "climate change" seen as merely a political topic in the USA when pretty much the entire rest of the western...

Why is "climate change" seen as merely a political topic in the USA when pretty much the entire rest of the western world accepts it as scientific fact?

Oligarchy

Because anyone questioning its veracity is immediately shot down and vilified by everyone in the establishment. You cannot have a discussion about research methods, you cannot suggest that there is significant cherrypicking done with certain studies, and you cannot question whether man is responsible.

Then, of course, there's the fact that the American left uses it as a cudgel against those who want cheaper energy, and as an excuse to spend way too much money on shitty businesses.

>the rest of the world is brainwash
>why aren't you brainwashed too
Achmed, you're not even allowed to question what's written in your history books.

Cuck

It's a political topic in the USA because we push back against money-wasting pointless technocratic horseshit sponsored by the left in the name of climate change unlike the rest of the spineless cuckolded West

We're old fashioned and still hold on to old fashioned ideas like science.

If climate change isn't real how come my art history professor had a whole week of lessons on it? Checkmate conservatards.

Because of the HAARP (google it)

Instead of infra hardening and mitigation, to counteract climate change the left wanted to literally shut down our existing capacity and replace it with land hungry inefficient green energy owned and operated by Dem donors.

So are you saying the earth is older than 7,000 years?

Yeah dems/liberals are literally fucked

>its everyone else on the planet thats wrong

That's true most of the time.

These 3 posts some it up nicely

>implying you can get china to stop burning coal
>delaying the inevitable

Blame environmentalists. I worked as a conservationist in sensitive desert environments in the southwest and the disruptions caused by transmission lines and solar plants are ridiculous, and windmills keep killing my endangered birds and bats.

Most of the world believes in the holocaustâ„¢

Why do they run like 50-60 transmission lines all right next to each other out there? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to run a handful of higher voltage lines?

Why do people in the US care about climate change when the only countries who can make a difference are India, China, and Russia?

To add.

At the same time that we have all this opposition, the companies that try to use the green trend for profit over ethics stop short of what they should go for.

I have a friend who's an environmentalist and feels like no one is actually being serious about it. Both sides feel like they're getting the bad ends of the stick.

I'd be happy to live sustainably and provide my own energy but huge overhauls could hurt us more. I think nuclear could be viable for a step to shift over.

Efficiency in green energy is developing and is booming for new businesses.

I've always felt a duty to helping nature. My grandfather influenced me and took me to church when I was younger. He felt that we've perverted the land that God gave us and that we should keep it clean; like shepherds for the planet.

I want to preserve my homeland without causing it to fall apart. Littering and polluting is degenerate nigger behavior. You ever see them clean anything or help out the community.

If gramps was here now he'd have a shitstorm and another heart attack from all this bullshit.

Pavlovian mind control. It's why my parents smile and comment every time they see a solar panel or a wind mill simply because it's a solar panel or a wind mill, knowing nothing more about it than that is a solar panel or a wind mill that happened to come across their field of vision.

This

Most liberals don't actually do anything beyond shit posting. I like volunteering my time to clean up the beach and I use public transportation to be more active.

I'm not a lineman so I can't really comment. Whats your frame of reference?

I can relate to this. If you adhere to Christianity then environmental stewardship and respect for the intrinsic value of nature needs to be part of faith.

There's a way to do this effectively but (((((they)))))) want a polarized, controlled market.

I took that stupid isidewith test and it related me to Jew Stein but I had higher one for Gary

North of Vegas sticks out, mainly, which is curious because you'd think it's all coming from the Hoover Dam and that they'd have thought ahead about potential capacity.

But really even out in the hinterlands it's surprisingly common to see multiple runs zig-zagging all over the place as if it were just a matter of somebody waking up the next week and saying, "oh, uh, I guess run it over to there."

The hippie retards endorse it. No one looks at a dreadlocked hippy working at cold stone and thinks "this man may be onto something about climate change"

Do i personally understand climate change? No. Should we be doing more to cut down on shit that is not only bad for the enviroment but also for us? Yes. Good luck getting boulder colorado to give up thier suvs and gas guzzling cars. Theyll cry if you smoke a cigarette but will sjw your ass when you point to thier ford exploder and tell them they need to stop driving that shit.

See all those structures with walls but with roofs on your way to the Virgin river gorge? Those are natural gas power plants and those lines link up with the rest of the grid and distribute it as needed to the city and county.

Hoover does not meet regional demand alone, and remember that the terrain out there as wonky as it is requires the crazy zig zags to avoid placing it in too erosive soil.

Why do retards think consensus on something makes it a fact? Science is based on getting the same results through testing to prove a theory not the consensus of government employed shills

Oh interesting. I didn't see the gas plants near Virgin, but I did get the sense that individual lines had been carefully tracing out the geography.

It was just weird to keep seeing lots of them all in the same corridor, or seeing different runs constantly criss-crossing with each other over such long distances.

It's a religion, explain to me why Carbon emission reduction is the single silver bullet to solve it.
Explain to me why reducing emissions is a better solution than just covering cities with greenery?
Explain why the entire problem couldn't be related to unseen changes thousands of miles below the earths surface?
Hell, they say that the weakening magnetic field can't explain all of it, but have they studied all of its effects? nope.

we're still free.

the same could be said for supporting the refugees a year ago if your just going by statements from world leaders

and is butter/eggs/sugar bad for you ?well over time the common narrative has changed despite the scientific evidence being the same that none of those 3 are bad for you. from doctors pretending 1 of those 3 are to politicians acting like its a big deal its clear the popularized narrative isnt always right

With the terrain the way it is and the power plants where they are, its relatively easy to "connect the dots" of the infra. Compare that to the East where you have so much build up.

Really though, I've seen environmental stickers on SUVs in California. They're just buying into the trend without actually caring. Just to virtue signal with it and with their whole foods shopping bag.

Man made climate change is under research and debatable. Global warming is a process that we've seen as a mechanism in formation of atmospheres.

They use Venus as a horror story as to what could happen with a runaway greenhouse effect. There's a chance that the permafrost will dump a ridiculous amount of methane into the atmosphere and fuck things up during the shift to a new equilibrium.

While both sides are lobbing shit to each other we could be making more money and preserving resources.

I don't want my country degrading itself. Keep it beautiful

BTW, do you happen to know if they're running higher voltages there than out East? It might just be choice of wire composition, but those lines were pretty thick and the ceramic standoffs were pretty big compared to what you'd expect to see around the neighborhood.

Because the USA still has freedom of speech.

Same reason we invented the A-bomb first, when you Euros were deporting any scientist that dared support relativity theory.

because the US still has a few people that think for themselves.

the entire rest of the world are cattle, except for small parts of eastern europe.

Because there's too much money involved.

Also because I doubt the environment benefits of spending $30k plus taxpayer subsidies on Chinese solar panels over say improving insulation and reducing waste in the first place.

Outside of my scope, but you should look up Eastern vs Western interconnection to see if that might be helpful.

My knowledge base is more on the power production side and federal land management side.

Death to invasives. This includes Californians.

Daily reminder that efficiency is a dead end. Jevon's paradox dictates that increased efficiency only leads to more consumption.

Undeniable fact
If you're dead, you can't pollute
So treehuggers on Sup Forums, do earth a favour and go snackbar off as many as possible

Just as a passer-through, I was compelled to remark to the locals how generally nice and well-kept the land was compared to how much land and freedom there was around. Bomb around some ATV trails for a while and, what? no trash? no beer cans? not even fire pits or torn up terrain except for the trails?

I think that says a lot about the quality of the people who live there.

facts are relative

this should be immediately obvious to everyone.

Because only Americans are wise enough to realize that climate change is an opportunity for the government and rent seekers to fuck you over. But you go ahead and feel smug about having your heat and electric bills artificially put through the roof, Hans.