DISNEY BTFO NETFLIX. NETFLIX ON SUICIDE WATCH

variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-wars-marvel-movies-disney-streaming-service-1202549993/

Well, it happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why would you want to rewatch those movies?

I want Disney to stream directly into my brain

Amazon Prime is already better anyway.

It's over for Netcux

RIP

I haven't watched anything besides Trek or Parts Unknown on netflix in like a year.
I should get caught up the horseman and bill burr show, those were alright despite the art

Trust me, one day they'll have the capability to do that. Ads will run in your dreams and constantly nag you to buy products for less ad time.

This is why Netflix is pushing original content in the first place. I could see a point in the future where streaming services are bundled under one monthly charge and we'll be right back at square one.

Reminder that Iger and the rest of the top disney guys wanted the netflix ceo to take over for iger and this is their revenge for him saying no

I would've preferred "Netprix"

>Disney makes their own streaming service
>they greenlight their own live action Star Wars shows
>the very first live action show is a 7 season long show about Jyn

Do it.

>All the big publishers create their own streaming platforms
>People get fed up with it and go back to pirating shit

> should get caught up the horseman and bill burr show, those were alright despite the art
Literally some of the best animation today, unless you like rick and morty-ish, empty space cartoons

>every company wants their damn streaming service
>if you want to watch anything you're looking at paying $200 a year

wtf might as well go back to cable.

Pretty much this
who the fuck wants to subscribe to a dozen different services?

so how many different accounts would you need for all the different streaming services this shit is getting out of control.

It's only a matter of time

amazon prime, the same five fucking movies for 3 years. its fucking garbage.

this is a picture of idris elba

Since streaming is about to permanently replace traditional television as well as movie theaters, someone needs to figure out a a way so that you don't need 20 different subscriptions just to watch movies and TV.

Piracy AHOY

>expecting people to pay $10 a month for 10 different streaming services

I can't wait for these all to fail

i'm stubbornly sticking with netflix as long as even one show or movie appeals to me when i go looking for one

not a fucking chance I'm letting my visual entertainment end up like the fucking guitar hero games where "i want to play this song" meant swapping discs and sitting through load screens and setup menus

>Kodi & TerrariumTV MASTERACE

>someone needs to figure out a a way so that you don't need 20 different subscriptions just to watch movies and TV.
It's called piracy.
This is networks and studios freaking out because they've refused to accept that the market has changed.

Yep. Back in the 80s it was called cable.

>disney gets their own streaming service
>other production companies will decide to do the same
>in 10 years streaming will be exactly like tv right now, hundreds of services bundled up together

goddamn paterson was great

This is good for Netflix. Fewer shitty capeshit movies to wade through.

Who is going to pay for that shit though? They can try but they'll be hemorrhaging money. Disney is big enough to suck up any loss and buy out the competition.

Who gives a shit. They didn't even have Marvel or Star Wars movies on there until a few months ago. The only ones I've ever seen on there are Capt. Civil War, Dr Strange and Rogue One. Who cares about them?

Same people who pay for cable right now. What made streaming cool is that a singular service had content from multiple production companies so if this starts a trend, social services won't be any different from tv channels.

This is final nail in the coffin for the PS3

I don't even think it matters. Disney's service will be successful because of content for kids. Any parent with a kid between the age of 3 and 12 will pay for that shit. I don't see why it would be a big deal otherwise. Capeshit and Star Wars is fine and all but Disney doesn't really have much else aside from some really fucking shitty shows on ABC.

>Same people who pay for cable right now.
They'll just be the same people paying for cable. Cable wont be going anywhere.

You really have no idea how large Disney is. You might want to look at their subsidiaries.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney

What if Disney decide, shit, from now on ESPN can only stream sports on this service?

I like to see Netflix getting fucked

it depends on what else they put on there. If they go with Disney shows or anything else they own that's 50+ years of cartoons, everything from both Disney channels PLUS all the Disney related movies.

My brother does, mainly background fodder.

Netflix is a joke.

E!SPN is already a big enough train wreck without making it worse by doing something like that.

This really.

NETFLIX IS FUCKING GARBAGE I HOPE IT BURNS

Not really. I'll just pirate the shit on Disney and still pay for Netflix. I'm not going to buy yet another streaming service.

Disney has a huge library of movies no one remembers.

>Rooting for disney
Calm down shillenstein.

>rooting for netflix
Calm down Shillenberg.

what a dumb fuck

>why would you want to rewatch those movies?

This! 99% of Netflix subscribers have already seen them on the big screen, how many are seriously subscribing to Netflix to watch something they've already seen ?

Netflix will live or die based on the original content they produce, that is their future, and given the overall quality of their shows it looks kind of bad, but subscribers rewatching Star Wars will not be a factor.

>Disney now starting their own streaming service

I'm curious how this is going to work out. Capeshit and Star Wars, right now, are objectively making the most money. But I don't know if people are going to subscribe to another service just for those alone. They came late to the game now that amazon prime, hulu, and netflix have been around.

This question does interest me. How many people do actually use netflix to rewatch stuff? Is this why they've pushed so hard for original content, I mean besides not wanting to pay for licenses.

as long it's free in my account, sure

>I don't know if people are going to subscribe to another service just for those alone.

Really? You're concerned about if star wars and capeshit fans won't throw money at another service? They hold press conferences for merchandise and toy releases for these cash cows.

hes right tho
fucking disney jews are being retarded
ep8 will be shit and people wont even care about 9

disney, your greed for money will be your end

Those are usually the diehard fans though. Will the average normie who sees it in theaters and maybe owns a Star Wars T-shirt or two want to subscribe to another service just to rewatch it?

Like you said they'll just go pay to watch it in the theater so Disney still get their money. But like that other user said a bunch of parents will almost be forced into paying for this shit for their kids anyway.

I'm interesting in just how they'll price it.

That's what those fuckers deserve for stealing anime!

if kodi would just develop a decent ui

>How many people do actually use netflix to rewatch stuff?
Most of the time I'm just rewatching star trek, frasier, and cheers.

its funny I could go down to my local library and probably get most of that easily just out of order.

that's the joke you mong

>Disney doesn't really have much else

ESPN, classic films on top of classic films, Pixar, and tons of other smaller movie studios. You're selling Disney short.

>Going outside
>Ever
"No."