So that's why the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing was so bad in The New 52...

So that's why the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing was so bad in The New 52. Geoff Johns wanted to do a Kingdom Come/Injustice: Gods Among Us.

More like a Twilight of the Superheroes.

That too. Or even a Superman: Red Son.

Man, every time Superman and Wonder Woman get together bad shit follows.

I wonder what stopped Geoff Johns. Warner Brothers, maybe? The pairing made a lot of buzz. So WB probably told the editors to keep it going.

There was something crazy being planned. I mean, it fucking made Booster Gold be wiped from existence somehow. That was the first big point that I don't think was ever addressed. Then they dropped it for DCYou and then even more with Rebirth.

Superman out of control? Why we could have Batman have to stop him! Gee golly gosh! What a novel fucking idea! I really do hope they explore this concept some day. The very pinnacle of Justice and Truth turned evil, a veritable God, being defeated by a mere mortal dressed as a bat! Why the mind boggles at the idea of such an original story!

well now im glad the relationship draged on as long as it did
i mean i love johns but jesus fuck

That Booster Gold thing was the last issue of Justice League International, right?

So whatever it was, it was going to happen in the Trinity War cross-over, which was pretty much the first "big event" of The New 52.

I always found it weird how Trinity War, after all the buzz, ended up being nothing but a glorified filler for Forever Evil. My guess is that whatever the plans for Trinity War were they had to be stopped and so the event had to be quickly rewritten. That's why Trinity War ended up being a boring mess.

Actually, i think it would have been Batman trying to save Superman from that hussy who's trying to pollute his mind.

Pic related.

Superman and Batman were bros as fuck. I doubt Batman would stand against him.

Speaking of dropped plot elements, remember the Daemonites, and how they were building up to a big event?

They were even in Demon Knights and one of them sort of killed Merlin? Whatever happened to that?

Justice League International Annual #1, actually.

Well in KC it was after the bad shit.

I think the only person who truly loved Superbro was Batman. No wonder he is a dick to Superdad.

Yup. Original promo's and interviews of Trinity War made it out to be that it was all about Pandora's box and a war between JLA/JL/JLD then... it became whatever the fuck that was. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman were supposed to be at the center I think. Each one siding with one of the teams.

Fuck, so much shit was dropped for the Nu52. The Deamonite War and the initial line up that was supposed to be added onto the JL. Remember the first promo? Bunch of characters that never showed up.

Why do they always turn Wonder Woman into Lady Macbeth?

The pairing had some popularity but NuSupes had been written into an unpopular track and he was stuck there after Lois revealed his identity.
Tshirt Supes was not well received.
You can tell by how anxious they were to immediately show PreFlashpoint Superman with such classic iconography.

In Kingdom Come was in the middle of it.

Wonder Woman tried to use Superman's influence and power to regain her status as Themyscira's Champion, since her amazons felt she had failed in her mission to make the Men's World a better place, but then during the conflict instead of being helpful to Superman and the heroes she became more and more extreme and violent, pretty much jeopardizing the whole thing.

The Daemonite thing was going to end in a cross-over and deal with some mysterious group of thirteen special individuals, but then the whole thing was scrapped and we had that Superman Annual #1, which kinda tried to resolve the whole thing.

Rob Liefeld was pretty mad about the whole thing and quit over it.

so which Superman had the shittest death? Superbro, or Earth 2 Supes? Earth 2 got killed in an event no one even remembers anymore, while Superbro got killed, replaced, and then forgotten as everyone just celebrates his replacement.

That reminds me, did anything good come of Wildstorm except for Midnighter becoming a member of Nightwing's supporting cast?

Two reasons:

Number 1: George Perez. When Perez rebooted Wonder Woman in 86 he made turned her into a naive and out-of-the-water princess goddess who had trouble relating with normal people and understanding Men's World mores. She could only related with other super-beings, chief among them Superman, who she was attracted to because he reminded her of her gods. She was idealistic to a fault and placed all her self-worth into her mission to change the world for the better.

Number 2: Because they can't tarnish Superman's image.

So if you want to add conflict it is easy to turn her into an oblivious (since she can't relate to humans) Lady MacBeth, who, while meaning well, will lead Superman and herself into doom.

No.

Superbro.

Infinite Crisis will always be remembered and while Earth-2 Superman played the villain for a bit there his reasons were understandably and he sacrificed himself to save everyone. His death was also very beautiful.

if we talk about all the plot threads that got fucked during the new 52 we can create over 8000 threads, Green Lantern literally had a completely different ending and Kid Flash was supposed to be super important

NuSuperman had the shittiest death but it has the caveat that he could still be alive and trapped by Ozy.
But I disliked him so no sympathy there.

E2 Superman had an iconic end.

Remember that whole Chaos Shard thing relating to Eclipso? They had these shards appearing in tons of comics and it was clear they were planning something big with those story-line, but then poof. Nada.

Or how initially we' were going to have Deadman, Atom (Ryan Choi), Element Girl, Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond), Green Arrow (with goatee and everything), Hawkman, "Lady Luck" and Mera in the Justice League?

I honestly think that that team was supposed to the original JLA lineup but they had no one to write it

Fuck, just think of how many interesting things could have come of the new 52 if DC had an actual good editorial at the time ? man 2011 was one hell of ride

The pairing being dragged for years and being awful all around was worse. Now you've a bunch of dumb Superman/Wonder Woman shippers crying 24/7.

I'd rather DC had let Geoff Johns do whatever he want. That way Superman/Wonder Woman would have been a quick end that would end disastrously, proving that the pairing is a mistake, and then we could have had the classic OTPs.

Maybe now Superbro would be alive if that had happened.

>infinite Crisis
>no one remembers
huh?

Nu52 was just abortions after abortions. The editors were going around like headless chickens messing shit up.

Fuck, Manapul wanted to reintroduce Wally West, the real Wally, but DC stopped him for whatever reason.

>"The thing about Wonder Woman and Superman is when their relationship ends, it's going to end badly. There is no good way for this one to end."

Truer words have never been spoken.

The Superman editorial in particular was one hell of shitfest, Jesus fucking christ, the batman one was the only one that was not a complete fuck up

This reminds me that H'El was originally supposed to be the Nu52 version of Bizarro, but then an editor told Lobdell his idea was dumb as shit and they turned H'El into.. H'El. Lobdell was constantly being cock-blocked. For example he wanted to introduce Raven in RHatO and it was stopped, thus making that Essence character.

I honestly don't know if this is bad or not, i mean its Lobdell man.
and if i am not mistaken the ending of Lamires run on animal man was him giving the finger to editorial

So it's pretty obvious that Johns was writing Wonder Woman as a quasi-villain in JL, right?

Voodoo was pretty enjoyable to start and then Marz left and the book went to complete shit really fast.

Kind of makes sense considering what was happening on the WW book at the time

Well. I think it's mostly because the early arcs were all about Wonder Woman fucking the lives of people near her and being unreasonable as fuck about everything. Then you had her and Superman getting together and her trying to tempt him into showing everybody a middle finger and just do whatever they felt was right.

This could all tie into the fact that Azarello WW had her setting up to be the next god of war tho

Truth, but Azzarello was pretty adamant about not being bothered by others and he was shielded by Dan Didio from any editors.

God bless Dan

Yup. Charles Soule was pretty pissed because he wanted to work with Azzarello on Wonder Woman's future because of his writing gig on Superman/Wonder Woman, but then Didio told Soule to leave Azzarello alone and not mess with Wonder Woman much. Focus more on Superman.

That's why you had all those passive aggressive jabs at Azzarello's stories, like Superman one-punching Apollo or Superman complaining about Wonder Woman keep him at arms length and never asking for his help.

I thought that was just because Soule didn't like Wonder Woman since he wrote her like Johns did.

He was blocked, but he could still make work. I mean, sure, he couldn't use the characters Azzarello was introducing and working with, but he could use Wonder Woman's classic rogues.

He acted like a little bitch.

I will never understand Superman/Wonder Woman shippers and why DC have been teasing this pairing since the 70's. In the 80's, 90's and 2000's there was constant sexual tension and teasing between them that none of the character any favor. Wonder Woman looked like a sick love puppy and Superman as an unfaithful fuck.

was that the place batson went to scatter those ashes

i seriously wonder how people call nu52 captain marvel edgy after that

Yes, then Superman punched the shit out of him.

>everyone just celebrates his replacement.
but only one of the 2 superbooks is doing that

im just glad they droped that stupid bullshit with pandora
the first half of her mini was so fucking good to

the immortal killer gun was awesome

>the batman one was the only one that was not a complete fuck up
you wat
>batman does not sit
>catwoman is not allowed to know batmans identity (but luthor is in a way that makes you wonder how nobody else worked it out the same way)

Because nobody cares about Wonder Woman.

i care about wonder woman
sensation comics were some of the best stuff from the era

Superman editorial is still a shitfest. Jurgens handed them a great way to reach out and pull in older fans which is working out for now, but you can tell they still have no idea what to do with him beyond "Show Clark being cute with his kid."

And the same people are in charge, but for some reason everyone has seemed to have forgotten that.

I miss Element Girl.

That wqs an actual plot point woth Booster Gold.

Superman and Wonder Woman together means earth is fucked.

>World War breaks out because Superman and Wonder Woman break up

There's no better evidence of DC not knowing what the fuck to do with the New 52 than this.

we know its the same people but those people have improved
the results show us that we no longer have the editorial problems of the nu52

Was Superman editorial ever good? It has been consistently one of the weakest lines at DC since the 90s.

It was rushed. From flash 75th anniversary.

> the same people are in charge
Stop memeing this. There have been a lot of editorial changes.

And yet the same people who brought about the New 52 are running the ship. The bar is so low that not fucking up royally at every turn means "DC is saved".

>Editors have changed
>The same people are there
Are you retarded or something?

>The same people that created the new 52 are in the same positions they were when they created that dumpster fire
>The same people that created the new 52 are in the same positions they were when they created that dumpster fire

They've been paired together in more than just those two stories.

Yes, but those stories are know for Wonder Woman acting like Lady Macbeth thus the reference.