Do americans still applaud after watching a movie?

Do americans still applaud after watching a movie?

Avatar was the last one where I clapped

Clapping is out of style.
You just snap your crab claws or have your falcon screech and beat its wings really hard now.

We do. Even in our own homes, while watching commercials.

>not clapping for your hard working projectionist

asshole move desu

yup. you also clap if the burger at the restaurant was good. the chef comes and you clap for him.

yes, even when I'm at home

I do it loud so the neighbors can hear me and join in

I clap even after when I use the bathroom.

Its a silly meme. Of course everyone knows that clapping after a movie doesn't somehow show appreciation to the film makers. Its a way of people in the theater expressing the significance of the emotional movement they felt and letting others know that they join with them in this emotional experience. It could just as easily be snapping fingers or stomping feet. The fact that it is the same action with a different meaning in a live performance setting is insignificant. People also boo and hiss at bad movies and its not because they think the director or actor can hear its to express themselves and let everyone else in the cinemaplex know what they think. Its mostly just about Americans being overly expressive of thier own opinion and failing to recognize that nobody does or should care about anyone else's opinion of a movie.

I was fought off guard the first time people clapped at the end of a movie because it just didn't occur to me I was list in my own reflection and thoughts. But when everyone seemed to be expressing thier pleasure with the experience I had no problem adding my affirmation of satisfaction to that of the crowd. That was the one time I joined in and clapped seriously as an emotional expression.

The other two times I clapped were at the ends of movies where a great number of people sighed or gasped in displeasure and exasperation. At the end of Inception people were hissing and sighing and so I started a slow but thunderous clap all by myself. At the end if Tree of Life, the entire theater was silent, and so started clapping furiously for several minutes to show my pleasure

only if it's star wars.

>At the end if Tree of Life, the entire theater was silent, and so started clapping furiously for several minutes to show my pleasure

I thought this was just a Sup Forums meme until I went to the theatre for the first time in a few years (Texas). I saw the new Pirates, and people were clapping DURING THE MOVIE when characters they liked showed up on screen or did something action-y. I have never been so embarrassed to be an american.

Once I was watching the first hardy potter with my mum and brother when I was about 12 or so and at the end a few people clapped it was cringe worthy from belief I can't imagine that happening every time. It's as bad as when Americans (and whore females) go "woo" when excited, not like rick flair but a bit higher pitched, very disturbing.

why do americans all shit their pants? I've spoken to 5 different Americans and they all tried to defend it

my uncle(american) even called it a Patriot Stain
he says "if you don't gots one by the end of the day you ain'ts been shoppin' enough!"

in fact he also said it's to save time while shopping, which in turn creates more profit for the business
"a runny butt keeps the stock market up!" he says

>clap really hard
>usher gives me the "this guy is going to tip the most" look
only give him a 5

At the end of bee movie I shat on the floor as a token to the film makers

On an unrelated note, I worked at a movie theater and I had to clean up shit after a showing of Bee Movie

I really really really like this meme.

Clapping was banned at my theater because of a recent spate of non-authorized shootings. I thought banning open carrying in the theater would have been an easier fix but most Americans only visit the kinorama because of the lax gun regulation. I understand not wanting to leave the house without your for arm but the mandatory "firing breaks" are getting excessive.

sorry, i got my crab legs extra greasy but that plays with my stomach. Thought if I kicked it under the popcorn trough no one would notice

i couldn't tell ya, the "No Singles" policy has kept me out of the theater for a few years now

Bump

I use to do it because I didn't know any better