/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Everyone gets LYNCHED Edition

strawpoll.me/13879597/

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13883721
reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6yobmj/s3e18_carrie_page_is_lauras_doppleganger/?st=J7B38YSE&sh=b5b3051c
reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6yqfsi/s3e18_big_and_important_connections_from_odessa/?st=J7B3BGQ2&sh=c73137bf
waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/
youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Defend this.

David Lunch lol

Really pretentious bit of pop analysis for you: I think you can see Twin Peaks: The Return as a metaphor for all literary art after Roland Barthes, viz., the Film’s premise that the Film becomes conscious of itself as “conscious,” as having interests and an agenda; the Film becomes literally self-referential.

This is a theme already occurring in previous Lynch's work, Inland Empire. The Film is alive and is taking part in its own production.

"Audrey's Dance" is a prime example of that, alongside the final scene (as a matter of fact the entire final episode). What we see after that Roadhouse scene is Audrey's painful realization of being trapped inside a Film.

strawpoll.me/13883721
>strawpoll.me/13883721
strawpoll.me/13883721

not gonna, but i gotta say without digital we probably wouldn't have gotten a 3rd season since it's so fucking expensive.

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

We've all seen the original scene the only purpose was to remind us so it's acceptable for it to look less good than the original.

jack rabbits palace

Friendly reminder Twin Peaks is the Chrono Cross of TV

We could have had a film, or just 8 episodes, like the first season.

But which Cooper?

Pure Evil and Pure Goodness

Poetry

reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6yobmj/s3e18_carrie_page_is_lauras_doppleganger/?st=J7B38YSE&sh=b5b3051c

BEST THEORY COMING THROUGH

also in how they used the real residents of the Palmer house as actors. Lynch wanted to blur realities.

What does that mean? I don't speak Sup Forumsermin.

all versions of Cooper, but not counting doppelcoop and cooper when he was Dougie.

>tfw I will never be able to go into the local theatre and watch the new Twin Peaks movie

Doppelcoop isn't pure evil though. Pure evil would be shooting Andy on sight.

>muh red

Bottom two look good, I don't see the problem.

Friendly reminder Carren Page's streets are Richard and Linda

reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6yqfsi/s3e18_big_and_important_connections_from_odessa/?st=J7B3BGQ2&sh=c73137bf

But why does digital look worst than decades old film? Should camera and cinematography techniques improve with time, not degrade?

It's not just that, it looks far worse in motion. It's primarily the lack of grain.

Many fans of the original, which was a gem in itself (Chrono Trigger) hated the sequel (Chrono Cross) because it took controversial design choices but true patricians understand it is superior to the original.

everyone knows film looks better and this doesn't just apply to twin peaks

5'11" 170 pounds of manlet

basically parallel dimensions and time travel and paradoxes literally around using a linchpin to trigger/end a series of events. Everything for the past 3 seasons was building toward bringing back Laura to end the cycle and restore the original timeline.

It doesn't get any blurrer.

I'm on my series rewatch, and I still don't understand what is up with the NY box. Evil Coop was funding it, but was it intended to summon JUDY/the mother and Cooper appearing in it was an unintended consequence, or vice-versa?
And if it was to summon JUDY/the mother, why? He had co-ordinates indicating that she was located somewhere on this Earth (ie, Sarah's house), so why bother with the box at all?

I genuinely thought Andy was going to brutally die here. It was the only time during the finale eps I couldn't look.

Digital doesn't look worse. Twin Peaks the Return does. Lynch doesn't give a shit about cinematography in the sense other directors due, just look at Inland Empire. It's a means to an end to make the films he wants to make

I kind of agree with you there but you would have to tell David Lynch that.

the blatant misogyny has been unbearable in TR even by cable show and overall problematic Lynch standards. Older women are ridiculous nagging caricatures, younger ones are naked and lingerie-clad victims offered up to be horrifically murdered, and the single non-Hollywood sized woman was introduced only to be beaten to near death (Miriam). I still can't get the killing of Darya out of my head - it was the single sickest thing I've seen. And when TR wasn't busy brutalising, killing and sexploiting female bodies, it offered us the 'joys' of retro archetypes Tammy and French call girl.

This is ridiculous. It's a neat observation but if it isn't shown in the show then it surely can't count as a 'theory' about anything.

>Laura was the stone
woah

What do you guys think of this theory for the ending?

waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

I read it and found nothing I disagreed with - specially since it connects a bunch of loose scenes from around the series (and specially S3, specially specially the intro with the Fireman)

>season 1, 2, and FWWM
>Sarah Palmer is portrayed as a good person who was being drugged out her ass by Leland so she couldn't do anything to help her daughter
>season 3
>Sarah Palmer is an eldritch abomination that is possibly more evil than Leland/BOB

What did Lynch mean by this?

>everyone is in shock/confusion
>except Andy, who just has grim determination and understanding on his face
KINO

>Breakfast
>Lunch
>Din(n)er

Fucking hack, couldn't even spell dinner.

>Lynch doesn't give a shit about cinematography

Someone post the KINO collage of Richard in Odessa shots.

>Fireman specifically warns him about Evil Cooper and shows him a picture
>Andy STILL fucks up anyways

Somebody forgot to turn flux on.

>>>Fireman specifically warns him about Evil Cooper and shows him a picture
>>Andy STILL fucks up anyways
negroid he didn't fuck up. he was doing exactly what he was told to do. he needed to bring him there because hewas shown that Lucy would cap his ass.

is, not always was. her suffering from the events of FWWM-S2 are what make her a prime host

>linking to plebbit

Mr.C did nothing wrong.

>tfw Coop was literally just the imaginary defence mechanism of a young girl attempting to deal with the trauma of being molested by her father, who returns in her dreams every night as BOB and she has to reimagine Coop in order to fend him off the next night

>Once that doppleganger is defeated, Dale gets his FBI pin back which was in Bad Cooper's hair.

Also shutter speeds. There's a warmth to film when it deals with moving objects, and creates what has become to us, a familiar sense of motion blur. Digital deals with motion blur like it's TRYING to capture still images in sequence. It lacks, ironically, the imperfection of film that we've come to feel warm about

How mad are you still that Mark Frost intervened in the script and prevented Audrey from getting aped by her father as Lynch originally intended? Pic related was supposed to be the definitive moment

>Laura's hair is always blonde
>except when she was found dead it was dark brown

what did Lynch mean by this?

but in S3 she was clearly possessed by Judy on the day Laura was originally murdered

forgot to add– Lynch could sell this idea to execs before he dies so they can weekly rape the corpse of a young girl by perpetually making more series

When blonde hair gets wet it darkens.

defend this film fags

light hair can look dark when it gets wet

Andy did good, friend. I doubt Lucy would have had it in her to shoot Booper if not for the look of horror he gave her as Boop walked into the sheriff's office.

It's why I think the girl in the past was not Sarah and was instead an example of someone getting possessed or whatever by what is probably Judy but may not even be her. That's the thing we never actually get confirmation on these things that the fans have widely accepted to be the case.

Blue Velvet's original script also had a scene that implied Jeffry was sodomized by Frank Booth but Maclachan talked him out of it.

sheryl's hair is naturally a darker shade of blonde than the wigs she's worn in all subsequent laura appearances. additionally, blonde hair darkens when wet.

? if you mean the scene where she is stabbing the photo that is clearly current time, all the set dressing is the same as it is throughout s3

i dont know guys i think it goes deeper than that

TP:TR would have been even better if Lynch used his old PD-150

Middle one clearly looks better. Get your eyes checked.

>waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

breakfast lunch DINER

cause the opening hours are 5:30am til 1:30pm (the extreme ends of BREAKFAST AND LUNCH)

Kyle's got some broad fucking shoulders desu...

>tfw you fuck up on a COSMIC scale

Audrey suffered enough.

>Audrey almost got raped by father
>mfw Audrey has always been a parallel of Laura all along

Why didn't they address this?

You should see the posts on reddit when discussing digital vs film, they shit all over film and state digital is far better and the future.

Are you implying Maddy Ferguson is the one who really died?

Some should make one with lynch and frost

PLS RESPOND
L
S

R
E
S
P
O
N
D

God, what a fucking gargoyle Ben is. Imagine his cheesy baguette and cigar breath in your ear as he drops wet breadcrumbs across your breasts.

So does Lynch.

Anyone have any ideas? The box seemed pretty crucial to the story up until episode 8ish. My noggin's a joggin'.

I dont feel it, its too complicated.

That bottom one looks amazing

I want his shoulders

>tfw :-) ALL.

please continue

Those shoulders are skinny as fuck for a grown man

I'm starting to believe Lynch really did rape his daughter.

Definitely interesting, thanks for posting.

the box was set up for Mother to kill Coop but he ended up using the correct exit. Bisping is most likely a Lodge Spirit setting up the sexual confrontation of the two kids in NYC

the same retards i'm sure who think FPS being higher across the board means BETTER because they only play video games and apply that logic to every video media.

Well they are right in saying that it's the future, you're fully deluding yourself if you think film is ever going to make a large scale come back

film is better though

>tfw you will never have skinny but defined shoulders and a razor-blade jawline with an immaculate hairline

see I bet he's even using it to convince her its acceptable, to psychopath.

The bottom looks the best by far.

what is Bisping

Yes I know. They also claim you can't tell the difference between film and digital and if anyone says they do they're lying. But no, Avengers Age of Ultron trailer doesn't look like it was shot on low budget video youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo

I'm so incredibly uninterested in theories that end where everything was a dream or a whole """"timeline"""" is erased and moot. I refuse to believe Lynch would create 30+ hours of tv for such a dull, cynical point.

I don't know why Inland Empire got a BluRay release.

when you realize that you are not the player but a chess piece in 4d chess game

It wasn't a dream though. It sounds like a big build up to create "the Cage" and a big pay-off of everything happening in the finale that way

The thing is I fear these morons are going to take over the industry with their preference for inferior technology.

And of course a lot of them already are in the industry.

Not the same user but

on your remarks about the set dressing- the shot excludes her big flat screen TV or any other tech that would give away the time period as 2017. Remember when the first few episodes aired everyone kept commenting on the excessive use of modern tech/glaringly obvious brand logos? It seems like the gradually "became itself" kind of like how said, and the moment with Sarah stabbing the pictures is a strange in between... at that moment Coop saved Laura, so what we see of Sarah at then is neither the timer period of S1 or S3

thats not what that theorys saying but i don't think it's out of the question for lynch to do that. i agree that other theories are more interesting and potentially satisfying though

I have that but a weak chin/jaw, kek

unless, it's intentionally beautifully nonsensical and it forces us to re-examine the entire work as a whole now, considering this new mystery, if it was all a dream or not. For Lynch, things 'being a dream' isn't a bad thing, it doesn't negate the dream. Mulholland Drive is the perfect example of this. In the dream, the true desires of people are allowed to flourish and be free. For Lynch dreams ARE beautiful, and they fact they aren't real doesn't impede this beauty.