Paranatural

>the doctopi is just eating this up. i mean that literally. this alt text, like all art, is an expression of pain

We're back! Thanks for reading!

Well we're back with Max but it seems I've simply lost interest. Well that's a shame.

Same. I thought people complaining about the slow pacing werw just memeing but holy shit. Was half this page even necessary?

Max seems more tired of this shit than usual. Even the characters are getting tired of the way the comic is going now. At this point I almost want Zack to just quit working on the comic and post a text synopsis of how the rest of the story was supposed to go, ideally the way it was planned as of a few years ago before his current influences got to him.

yeah i hate to join that crowd but i just can't disagree anymore. and i used to love it.

What day is it in the Paranatural-verse?

I just want Max to reach the weekend already.

I always thought the dense jokey pages were one of the strengths of Paranatural, It worked well for the format with being a weekly webcomic and all. But the charm just seems totally gone for me. Clumsy storytelling aside I can't say for sure what it is.

Lisa firing shots.

>three different semi-detailed backgrounds

oh fuck!!! slow down zack you'll blow out your wrist again!!

'member the good ol' times?
'member when we cracked the code?

>Remember when Zack drew faces with angles instead of all of them being rounded blobs

Paranatural is good again. For a time.

Let's see. First day he arrived, got unpacked and went to sleep and met PJ. Second day he went to school, came back and fought Whalefrog. Third day he went to school and got on the train. And now it's the fourth day. I'm assuming they got to Mayview on Sunday. I don't remember it ever being stated.

It's not consistent. I do enjoy this page though, and while it doesn't give me any hope that things will get better, it placates the unreasonably optimistic part of me.

What a stressful week and it's not even half over.

Oh yeah... I forgot about the bug.

Funny how going three months between different B-Plots leads you to forget shit like that, huh?

I just want to end Max's suffering already.

Don't worry. He's having near-death experiences every single day now. Soon he can drop the "near" part of that, although his suffering begins anew as a disembodied soul.

welp, it's officially dead boys. Less than 20 post in 5 hours. Time to pack it up and find something else

Is this page is just wasting time for some meta reason? If a mysterious someone asks to meet you they'll find YOU when you arrive. He doesn't have to do shit, let alone pay for it.

This is what the Paranatural threads are usually like. You must have forgotten after weeks of bitching about Mina and Day

Oh god, yes, please pull Suzy back into this mess.
If we're not going to have plot progression, let's at least not have plot progression with one of the genuinely entertaining characters.

I'd actually forgotten about the note, I was wondering why he'd decided to head for the store. Also is there a reason he can't just take off Suzy's bug?

>Paranatural's been going for half a decade
>Not even a week has passed in-universe
Jesus

- I will only tell you who if you give me a star
- nah, if that idiot wants to talk with me, i won't give a star for that. He can just come and talk to me in class

There, that's how you solve this.

>that's how you solve this.
Seeing as how Zack probably won't start writing the afternoon classes until late 2017 you should be careful with that monkeys paw.

Zack doesn't really have a plan; he had to stop once to 'think where to go with paranatural'.

he has a vague idea of the overall story. But he comes up with the fine details on the fly I believe

Surely the person who invited him would have done so for a reason? Why does he need to find out from funny overpriced shop girl.

That's the thing, he doesn't. He can literally just go away. Or just yell for the person.

The page basically doesn't make sense and only seems to serve as a continuation of the Lisa being super greedy gag that had already run its course.

These last two pages have been good. If you can't see that then you're pretty much soured on the comic and should probably take a break.

With his updating schedule, Zack's already given us plenty of breaks. Half-week breaks. Week-long breaks. Week-and-a-half long breaks.

They haven't helped, famalam.

I'm as fond of the pacing as the next guy, but complaints about filler and "he could've done this with 3 panels" and "what was the point of this page" are just silly.
He's writing a story here, not trying to rush to the end- of course not every page and panel will have dire consideration over purpose. If he quits, I wouldn't want a script of the rest, though. Just some comics of the remaining plot points and team-ups

I wonder how many people realize that Zack crams his pages full of panels because it means he doesn't have to put as much work into his writing or art.

I wonder if Zack is aware he even does it.

>He's writing a story here, not trying to rush to the end- of course not every page and panel will have dire consideration over purpose.
Dave Sim's Cerebus has more effective utilization of page and page space. You know, the book that was "I'll just write whatever the fuck I want for 20 years."

People aren't upset because Zack isn't doing things as fast as possible, it's because he's offering too little relative to his output. People pull this dame defense for webcomics like Poppy and it's hella annoying.

Poppy doesn't have a page space problem, it has a "keeps going on fucking hiatus" problem. If Morbi could just update his comic every week, things would be fine.

At least Suzy got a pannel.
That's something... I guess?

I'd honestly forgotten that Max was still bugged.

It's like he's hedging on the possibility of Paranatural becoming a video game. All of what we seen are cutscene, minigame and sidequest bait.

This. Just because many pages before this were wasted on a stupid scene does not mean he has to rush through everything now.

I don't really have a problem with slow pacing, but slow pacing + not much happening is a different matter. After a whole lot of nothing for nearly two months it'd be nice to get at least one page with some substance considering we're right in the middle of an arc.

Yeah introduction to the store, and Lisa's character is totally nothing and worthless.

Chapter 5 is fucking longer than chapters 1, 2, and 3 combined

Fuck off

I thought the ghost train was in a thursday/friday seeing as the weekend came and he just skipped it

Oh did it? Well nevermind.

He's hedging on the possibility of a Paranatural cartoon, which would actually work really fucking well if the pacing wasn't such shit.

The issue is that Zack's combining anime plots (which tend to be one track affairs that go on for about a 22 minute episode or 2, only switching perspectives when actually necessary) with the pacing more familiar to 40 minute serialized TV shows a la Agents of Shield, where we're juggling maybe 3 out of 7 total possible perspectives in a single episode, and plot arcs might take 1 or 2 44 minute episodes to resolve, or in rarer cases half a season.

So now we're juggling 5 plots that can and very well could be separate chapters all their own, combined in different ways, which means that no plots ever get anywhere. In addition there's Zack needing to put in an incentive for serial readers, and thus needing to cram in a fuckton of jokes on every page.

Neither of you know what you're talking about. Neither of these things are in the works or have even been proposed.