Is the Matrix trilogy the greatest trilogy of all time? What went right?

Is the Matrix trilogy the greatest trilogy of all time? What went right?

>What went right?
The first movie.

>greatest trilogy
>not Back to The Future

>liking the third film
death cant come quick enough to you

it had:
cowboys
clara
pottery
best tannen

deal with it.

>Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix.
>You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision.
>While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control.
>Which has led you, inexorably, here.

thinking only the first is good is a crusty old shit meme. they do trend downward but the dropoff is not very steep and they are all at least good.

what did he mean by this?

no.

Is the second one worth watching?

*grins irrovercably*
>"Please"

The second is maybe better than the first

No, it isn't.

Maybe. They sure fucked Crispin Glover horrendously, too. Zemeckis a cunt.

No because the sequels are shit.

You didn't answer my question

>Quite right.
>Interesting.
> That was quicker than the others.

>Best trilogy
>Matrix
>not Die Hard

Die Hard 2 was the weak one in that trilogy.

Still better than Matrix Reloaded

well yeah, there's not much that is worse.

>matrix
>bttf
>die hard
>etc
You're like little babies.

>generic DnD campaign: the movie
snooze

The reason they fucked him over is because he really had a problem with the ending of the first movie, and very much wanted it to be changed so there was less of a materialistic pay-off.

That's one of the biggest reasons why I like the first film so much. Plays out IDENTICALLY to a D&D campaign.

Reloaded is almost as great as the first one, just held back by the retarded Zion Rave and some badly aged cgi.
Revolutions focuses way too mich on Zion without actually being impactful or interesting and is the weakest of the bunch but the rest with Neo are great and the ending is the only one that would have actually been realistic or thematically coherent

The Lord Of The Rings.

>the Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski sisters

When oh when did I skew into this horrible timeline.