Who is the David Bowie of acting?

Who is the David Bowie of acting?

Besides David Bowie.

ziggy stardust

Probably Tom Hanks. Can't think of another actor was widely liked with a wider range of acting roles than Tom Hanks. If you can it's probably right

James McAvoy

There will never be another Bowie. You can't really even compare what he did with anyone else in music or movies.

The Man who Fell to Earth should be widely known as a phenomenal film. It's sort of depressing but there's never been a more profound tale of alienation (no pun intended). Only Bowie could have Thomas Jerome Newton.

Who's the David Bowie of directing?

Tilda Swinton

Gillian Anderson

Will Smith

>Tom Hanks
>wide range
He basically always plays boring everymen.

That's why I said if there is an actor as widely liked with a wider acting range then that's what I'd put my money on, buddy. Did you read my post or just pick out words that stood out to you.

I don't know that range is really Bowie's strong suit. He wasn't really in a lot of things but Bowie always sort of played Bowie. That being said, he was an excellent actor and it's hard to put your finger on exactly what he does so well. He's ultra-charming and suave, a British gentleman but a unique one. It's sort of like he's a pure-blooded aristocrat and it shows but he sort of peacocks it flamboyantly (I don't mean that in a gay sense, just an ostentatious one).

But he's remarkable. Labrynth, The Prestige, and The Man Who Fell to Earth, he stole the show as he always does....

Idris Elba?

If you were right here, I'd bitch slap you.

That's the most vulgar thing I've ever heard, comparing Bowie to Will fucking Smith.

Boi, OP is obviously talking about David Bowie's music output compared to somebodys acting output. David Bowie's albums have mind blowing range in styles.

Yeah, well in music, no shit, Bowie has range... but he mentions who is the David Bowie of acting, I assumed we were comparing acting careers.

Maybe David Tennant?

Both have englishman style

olivia wilde

Why would you assume that if op sought to avoid discussing his acting?

I like ze movie he's with sakamoto ryuichi

But if we're basically comparing David Bowie's musical range to an actor's acting range... my vote would be Daniel Day Lewis. Plays a huge spectrum of different guys and delivers a powerhouse performance each time.

Meh. I'd say Olivia Wilde. She's the shit, maybe best actress alive

Jemaine Clement

>who is the Christian Bale of acting
>who is the Tom Hardy of acting
>who is the Ryan Gosling of acting
this is how your interpretation of the OP looks like. Do you not know how these kind of threads work?
>who is the Stanley Kubrick of music
>who is the who is the Nirvana of film
???

This thread is for human actors.

>nirvana of the films
probably some asylum shit

It's Gary Oldman.