/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General:

Name A More Iconic Duo Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Please give me a quick rundown on what the fuck is the meaning of the ending. I've watched the last two eps twice and I still don't understand it.

boioioing

Broom service.

why does Coop have no idea who Richard is when reading Diane's note, but when the Giant tells him he says he understands?

>IT WAS ALL A DREAM

"We live inside a dream" doesn't imply that nobody is real, or that nothing happened. It just means that reality is fluid for people in the dream, for people that have been to the other world.

The dreamer is not a character in the show, it certainly isn't Cooper, it wasn't Phillip Jeffries either.

This is why Cooper can exit and enter more than 1 timeline, him doing so does not erase the previous one, only him. Remember how after Jeffries disappeared, Albert says "He was never here!" soon after this they all forget he ever was, and it took Cole 25 years to remember.

He remembered, the timeline didn't collapse, nothing was erased from history. When Cooper realizes he's in a dream, he exits that plane and enters another. Twin Peaks still happened, Laura still died, he can't change anything.

Did you wash your hands, /tpg/?

kino

What did he mean by this?

Where is he now? X-Files universe?

Twin Beaks lol

Was General Lee a lodge spirit?

BABY WANTS TO FUCK, BABY WANTS TO FUUUUCK!!!!

he understands that he needs to remember the things he was just told to remember

STARTING POSITION IS MORE COMFORTABLE

Friendly reminder that Dale Cooper is Laura's imaginary friend who keeps the nightmare of BOB away every night so that her unconscious mind doesn't have to confront the fact that it's really her father who molests her.

Lynch is preparing for the eventuality of his death so he can sell the rights to execs, who will then proceed to rape a young girl on a weekly basis by giving imaginary Coop fresh adventures to solve. Pic related is Imaginary Cooper.

Is it future or is it past?

why would the Giant be telling him about it if he's already done it?

Everything that happened since Coop first entered the lodge was a dream and the entirety of season 3 was pointless.

Twin Beaks lol

It hurts seeing Cooper in this light.

He was always so sure in himself, and even when he wasn't he carried himself with pride. This is just so sad, he's so desperate for resolution it makes me wanna cry for the guy.

I can't stop thinking about it.

>tfw literally born to suffer

She was too ___CUTE___ for this world

>Lynch does everything he can to make people not like The Return
>fans demand season 4
>"Guys, you realize that a season 4 after episode 18 is going to have even less to do with Twin Peaks than The Return did"
>fans demand season 4 anyway
>Showtime gives them the money since they give no shits about ratings and subscriptions are up

Thisand the whole thing is a plan orchestrated by the Giant (possibly along with MIKE and The Arm) to destroy Judy. Basically only the first two, the eight and the final episode matter, the rest is really weird fan service.

>season 4 is just a video of a woodsman taking a shit

Anybody that has questions about the BOX and its purpose in NY should read this.

Cooper was supposed to be sent out the lodge by The Arm, but The Arm's doppelganger intervened and sent him through the NON-EXISTENT portal, this sent him straight to the NY box and that sent him into the mauve zone, which sent him through the portal that turned him into Dougie.

The Arm's doppelganger and Bob working together?

If you rewatch that sequence, you'll see that The Arm senses Bob is up to something and MIKE literally says "Something is wrong", and the curtains close upon Dale's attempted exit, and then the doppelganger shows up.

It was a required step to send Cooper through the correct portal, numbers did not matter 15 would have been more convenient for Mr. C because then he'd be able to kill a defenseless and braindead Cooper immediately. Naido saved him from that faith and put him in LV.

mfw when season 4 airs in 25 years and Cooper returns as a coffee pot

>her spiritual finger was dirty
POTTERY

season 4 would have to go balls deep in lore shit, which would be cool to see, but probably couldn't carry a whole season. i think a movie to cap it all off is a far more reasonable hope.

How does Gordon Cole fit into all this? He clearly knows about Judy. He mentions Ray being an FBI informant, so in some weird, contrived way I think Cole was still working with Jeffries (he also knows that he doesn't exist, "at least not in the traditional sense").

I don't get it, can you explain it to a brainlet?

but why does the box move up and down when Coop appears in it?

>surreal fart noises for 18 hours
"We need more kino, season 5 when David?"

I want more 1950s stuff. Either that or just more weird / avante garde shit. Lynch has already proven that you can scrap a conventional narrative and still have a show that's pleasing to watch. Now that he's proved his point we can get into the real kino.

The ultimate point of the ending is that Cooper couldn't save Laura, no matter how hard he tried. In the end, she remembers her past, the abuse and her own death and the reality collapses for the both of them, sending them back to the lodge.

It's a really bleak ending, one that centers more around Cooper's failures, but also comes right back around to what lies at the very core of the show, the ugly truth beneath it all. Rape and abuse.

It couldn't be undone, Laura will never be saved.

>Chad takes revange on Andy and kills Lucy with a shovel as her battered corpse farts uncontrollably

Where does Twin Beaks fit the timeline?
youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s

/ourgal/

Would have rather had Cooper going through different "dream worlds" (Dougie being only a very small part) trying to Find Laura than the shit we ended up with.

Do you think HBO would allow Lynch the rights to use vintage Sesame Street footage?

cyclical.

Cooper is stuck in a loop trying to save Laura. When Jeffries showed him the infinity symbol, he was literally telling him that he's stuck.

"Judy" is the endless cycle of pain and sorrow. Read for a good interpretation on what that means for the surrounding world of Cooper, because people are too quick to assume he's altering or erasing timelines. The whole point is that he can't do that, he can't save anybody.

What did they eat?
Why didn't the show answer these important questions?

The bird is the dreamer.

What was the point of episode 18?

I thought episode 17 wrapped up the entire mythology much more economically.

Cooper tries to save Laura from the entire series by taking her to the white lodge in 1989 but Judy reacts and she goes missing.

Cue Julee Cruise playing the same song that played when Cooper fucked up and let Maddie get killed.

To me episode 17 is everything that made Twin Peaks so unique but 18 is Lost Highway deleted scenes.

Why do we need to see the alternate world?

Just like me hahaha

Episode 17 lacked emotional punch, though. You mention Maddy getting killed, Part 17 was nothing like that, Part 17 was comic book hour, everything was whimsical and a farce.

Part 18 however IS everything that made Twin Peaks so unique.

Only humans have doppelgangers.

Where does the ending of FWWM tie into all of this? It feels like the definitive ending of Laura's story, so I don't think it's implausible to say that it takes place after the s3 finale.

>I USED TO READ 'WORD UP!' MAGAZINE

If you aren't interested in the abstract parts of Twin Peaks there are about a million other shows you'd be better off watching.

What thread is this?

Episode 17 was abstract.

That bird is probably dead now...

idk cooper meeting laura in 1989 was pretty affective.
18 wasn't EVERYTHING that made it unique, that's a fucking stretch.
It was like watching Lost Highway with the mute button on

Even though the arm had a doppelganger?

No, that is literally his doppelganger.

r
this is the only reference to audrey....

FWWM to me is still the actual ending as far as timeline is concerned, and I think TR has only made that ending more powerful because now it isn't just Laura's triumph, but also Dale finally having been able to accept and let go of her.

Twin Peaks Season 4 is announced, but it's actually about the Fuscos dealing with wacky criminals

Would you watch it?

Not him and I agree that 18 was a very Twin Peaks way to end the show (in fact I would have been disappointed in retrospect if the S3 ending didn't have as much of a surreal gutpunch as the S2 ending did, as that had kind of become a big part of the show's appeal over the years), but I don't like the idea of throwing 17 under the bus to justify it. Yes parts of it are silly like Freddie vs. Borb but it's not in a "haha fuck you for expecting XYZ" way like some people like to present. It's fun and campy in a Twin Peaks way and the juxtaposition of the different things that Twin Peaks is is what I think it's about.

>18 wasn't EVERYTHING that made it unique

Ok, that's fair. But in terms of emotional punch it totally is. It's right up there with Fire Walk With Me and Lonely Souls.

Wrong Sammy.

>Twin Peaks Season 4 is announced, but it's actually about the Fuscos dealing with wacky criminals

You know we would.

That last scene certainly.

fuck yeah, fuscos, mitchums, wally, they have enough new characters right there that i'd be on board

It is, the problem is the execution of the first 30 minutes was really poor, and I can't really reconcile that. The more I think about the superimposed shot of Cooper, the more I love it, but I still can't convince myself that I in any way appreciate what came before it, except in concept and what it does for the "awakening" moment.

I want FWWM 2.0, but it's focused around Wilson and the easily irritated FBI man

A sacrifice just like the jesus but with rape and coke.

Would Laura still be alive right now if black grannies lived in Twin Peaks?

I think twin peaks season 4 is FWWM

Really pretentious bit of pop analysis for you: I think you can see Twin Peaks: The Return as a metaphor for all literary art after Roland Barthes, viz., the Film’s premise that the Film becomes conscious of itself as “conscious,” as having interests and an agenda; the Film becomes literally self-referential.

This is a theme already occurring in previous Lynch's work, Inland Empire. The Film is alive and is taking part in its own production.

"Audrey's Dance" is a prime example of that, alongside the final scene (as a matter of fact the entire final episode). What we see after that Roadhouse scene is Audrey's painful realization of being trapped inside a Film.

I think a FWWM 2 that again serves as a prequel (this time to the Return) and is more set in the town, with maybe a couple scenes in South America, would be good and Lynch enough.

you couldnt appreciate the tension of doppelcoop at the police station around characters you love and based lucy understanding cellphones?

>realization of being trapped inside a Film
Eh, I'm going to disagree simply because I don't like that Blazing Saddles shit.

>Lynch got 18 episodes funded just so he could spend half of it hanging out with random babes and advertise to the female audience that his dick still works great
Could you be more alpha?

He still wanted to do 9, Showtime said do 18 if you want the budget increase or fuck off. I love The Return, but I think 9 would have been better.

No season 4 because David Lynch had disappeared up his own ass

it was LITERALLY the opposite

Season 4 chronicles Dale Cooper's attempt to rescue Gordon Cole who has disappeared up his own ass.

The final scene shows Cooper leading Cole by the hand as they walk through the old director's colon.

Laura being saved is retarded anyway. Lynch is a hack.

Why would Showtime, a monthly subscription based business, want less episodes?

Sound design will be handled by Quentin Tarantino, with the sound effects from the final scene being sampled from his appearace at the Tyra Show.

>It couldn't be undone, Laura will never be saved.

Why doesn't Cooper just Philip Jeffries to after the bomb test in New Mexico and stomp on the frog bug?

david lynch is actually thomas pynchon

>Laura will never be saved
Laura has been saved so there is no Laura to save anymore.

I missed that thread, how did the black grannies meme start?

Back To The Future But With Twin Peaks Characters

Here comes the shop.

>DL/TP is the actual pynchposter and is revealing the truth in a way nobody will believe
i believe it

When the experiment materializes in the glass box it is holding a yellow ball, like a tulpa. Why?

what
did
he
mean
by
this

did anyone else notice this tree looked like the evolved Arm of MIKE?

what if sarah was killed and replaced with a tulpa? wasn't there someone else home when hawk visited spooky sarah?

>First shot of Twin Peaks is Jacoby painting the shovels
What did he mean by this?

Cooper is you
The Giant is Lynch

Lynch gives you random things and you try to make sense of them, but fail

priming us for intriguing clues that go nowhere significant