Any other examples of INSANE method acting skills?

Any other examples of INSANE method acting skills?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GrPDJQOZ0yY
telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9700494/Dont-call-me-Mr-Hitchcock-Anthony-Hopkins-does-not-want-the-Daniel-Day-Lewis-treatment.html
hollywood.com/celebrities/martha-stewart-stopped-dating-anthony-hopkins-because-of-hannibal-57163998/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine how insufferable he must be

redpill me on method acting

People good at their craft usually are. I've never seen a nice 3 star chef or a nice carpenter/blacksmith

Man, that's almost as insane as working most of your life for nothing. He deserves his millions.

Anthony Hopkins killed and ate a guy.

I think Gal Gadot had to go to the gym for a few months for "Wonder Woman"

Just seems kind of egocentric

what did he mean by this?

That you're afraid to stand out so you'll never do anything notable with your life

I'm glad he retired.

Matthew Broderick murdered a mother and daughter in Ireland

I owe a plot of land in the shape of a dick that's going to be in county records until the end of time

Booth was an actor too you know.

Wouldn't he be a better actor if he could have the same performance without having to do all that stuff?

Natalie Portman shaved her head for V For Vendetta.

yeah but

how is that an achievement

In Disney's cult classic Holes, starring Shia LeBeouf, the venerable star demanded he dig a hole before every desert scene in order to truly be tired, rather than attempt to act as such.

When asked about this, he simply stated, "I'm gonna kill my career one day, and I want to be sure I can properly bury it."

It is my legacy and also something notable.

it wasn't bad

Hard work is a talent in itself, it elevates those with talent into something that is truly a master, I don't think anybody can act like that unless they take the necessary preparations.

youtube.com/watch?v=GrPDJQOZ0yY

I laughed, have a (You) my good man.

holy shit lol Jim is an absolute madman

So THAT'S how he plays an actor that is trying way too hard to play every role. He lives it.

>wouldn't let english people talk to him

Fucking great actor. As far as I'm concerned, he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Imagine an actor that gives a performance as good as DDL without doing all this retarded shit. For even the trained eye cannot see anything other than what's on the screen, does he think people care about what he did before the camera started filming?

I like you

Coulda gone pro if he hadn't joined the Navy.

Lights
Camera
INSANE METHOD ACTING

Maybe shooting Lincoln was a method to prepare to play Cassius better?

lol

lol what a twat

He could assassinate the president...with his own niggerlover-killing bullets.

You should make it a farm, or something.
Dick farm has a nice ring to it. Like Sneed's.

I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

thats pretty cool

MOMS GONNA FREAK

It's something actors do to get attention and accolades from reddit-tier plebs who no nothing about real acting.

>Hoffmann’s character had supposedly stayed up for three days, Hoffmann admitted that he too had not slept for 72 hours to achieve emotional verisimilitude. “My dear boy,” replied Olivier smoothly, “why don’t you just try acting?”

Anthony Hopkins actually hates method actors
telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9700494/Dont-call-me-Mr-Hitchcock-Anthony-Hopkins-does-not-want-the-Daniel-Day-Lewis-treatment.html

>Insane methods of acting?

>who no nothing

>I've never seen a mice 3 star chef
never seen a nice chef period becauae they're usually drooling retards who couldn't manage to do anything else and have subsequently have a chip on their shoulders
>carpenters/blacksmith
nope. I know a master carpenter who specializes in restoring antiques and he's a total bro. great dude

yeah, but he never had the makings of a varsity athlete

DELET

Thats because theres no smouldering wake left by legends and their hypemen when it comes to fucking carpentry.

There is much more pressure in cooking or acting. Carpentry you just do it day by day and end up knowing a lot gradually. Same mastery, but different quest. I think its stupid as fuck but there you go, the difference between desired labor and "Le Arts"

please return to reddit.

bretty good my man

"In preparing for the role of "The Joker" in 2016 American superhero film "Suicide Squad" Jared Leto reportedly ate nothing but hot sauce and Indian-style curry for weeks on end. Apparently he did this to "create a certain aroma" in the men's public toilets as well as other areas on set, as Leto was reported to have defecated in various locations on the film's set, much to the dismay of his fellow actors and film crew."

>The awards campaign circuit is "nauseating to watch" and "disgusting to behold", he said archly. "People go out of their way to flatter the nominating body and I think it's kind of disgusting. That's always been against my nature ... It makes me want to throw up, it really does."
>Indeed, he skipped last week's New York premier and press...to the frustration of his agent, Sir Anthony remained in Britain to work on two other film projects

Based

Too bad that IRA movie was cancelled.

>Martha Stewart couldn't continue her relationship with Hopkins, because she couldn't dissociate him from Hannibal Lecter

hollywood.com/celebrities/martha-stewart-stopped-dating-anthony-hopkins-because-of-hannibal-57163998/

>I think it was absolutely crucial that my younger co-stars (on Netflix's Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events) gave off a believable performance in their fear of my character, Count Olaf because, if they didn't seem properly afraid of him than the children watching at home wouldn't be properly afraid of him either. It was a lot of fun calling Malina late at night and being in character as Olaf telling her the things I, or rather Olaf, would do to her cunny. You know, during those phone calls I was almost able to understand the appeal of being straight.

Wesley Snipes as Blade

Batshit insane

That is totally right. In preparation for the role he practiced being a typically angry looking black guy for a total of 35 years.

So in other words to prepare for the role he just continued being hilarious irl? lol that would have been a great opportuiny to troll the fuck outta everyone

>go around being a complete asshole on set
>everyones cool with it coz muh method acting
>call them up off set
>"Hey dude how you doin wanna go grab some lunch"
>be chill af
>return to set next day
>continue being a pain in the ass
>rinse/repeat

orrrr

>hang out with my own stunt double off set
>tell him "tomorrow when we show up on set we turn up already in make up and costumes at the exact same time in the same car"
>next day
>pretend to be him
>stunt double pretends to be me
>dangerous scene comes up
>whole project has to be put on hold because of insurance reasons/no one can tell if the stunt double is doing it or me

Jesse Eisenberg spent two months in the psych ward of a hospital as a patient. He managed to pull a full retard character perfectly in BatmanvSuperman

>Who would believe me? I'm insane. I'm not even fit to stand trial

Sean Penn has spent his entire life as a retard just to film I am Sam

I will never understand the American praise of method acting. In the UK and Europe it's really looked down upon.

Dustin Hoffman has long been known as one of method acting’s most earnest exponents. A showbiz story involves his collaboration with Laurence Olivier on the 1976 film Marathon Man. Upon being asked by his co-star how a previous scene had gone, one in which Hoffmann’s character had supposedly stayed up for three days, Hoffmann admitted that he too had not slept for 72 hours to achieve emotional verisimilitude. “My dear boy,” replied Olivier smoothly, “why don’t you just try acting?” (Hoffman subsequently attributed his insomnia to excessive partying rather than artistry).

The story sums up the innate suspicion with which we Brits still regard anything too arty-farty. Indeed, one of the reasons we are reputedly so popular in Hollywood is that Brits have a reputation for coming up with the goods without resorting to extensive tantric yoga exercises or a session with our psychiatrist before each take.

It's the easiest way for an actor to do his job while guaranteeing immunity from such damning accusations like 'he was phoning it in,' 'he always plays himself,' 'a tentpole and vehicle for X' and 'boring' Doing it well is the opposite of entry-level, and people who quote Olivier likely has never seen him act.

plant trees around the border so in the fall your propeety becomes a big yellow dick

The young stars of Yoga Hosers reportedly worked extensively with filmmaker Kevin Smith shootimg hours of hot yoga screen tests to make sure they nailed each move.

Imagine your life being so shit you try that hard to be someone else

Am I the only one to find that picture highly disturbing

To be fair I'd do the same thing.

To prepare for the role of 'Joey' on Friends, Matt LeBlanc once ate a hot meal.

Gordo Ramsey seems pretty nice, saw him once in Amsterdam (no idea what he was doing there), he was sort of incognito with large sunglasses and a cap so I just nodded to him and whispered "big fan of your shows" when he walked past me, he stopped to shake my hand and then walked on.

The actor Jean Hersholt put himself through some crazy shit making "Greed" in 1924. Of course, everyone involved in that movie went through hell. Hersholt was the guy, though, on another movie, who spent weeks working on developing a note-perfect accent for the role.

It was a silent movie...

eric roberts is always in character and has been for his entire career.

Forest whitaker drank excessively as a small child to insure he would have an early stroke and developed a lazy eye, he said he wanted to 'create a unique screen presence'

massimo bottura is a sweetheart

I remember hearing about a family drama where the actors, including the child actors, lived together for something like 7 months before starting to film the movie.

>u, I liek u xd

it's okay to like people, user.

>>in Amsterdam (no idea what he was doing there)
I'm sure he was checking out all the tulips and windmills that Amsterdam and Holland is famous for.

DUDE, STANISLAVSKIJ, LMAO

good post

>never seen a nice chef period becauae they're usually drooling retards who couldn't manage to do anything else and have subsequently have a chip on their shoulders

That's because cooking in itself is a unrewarding shitty job.

You.

I like you.

acting sounds and looks like the most cringe inducing thing on earth

Jesus

nice