He had a comfy life, what the fuck was wrong with him?

He had a comfy life, what the fuck was wrong with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j3f1TPVEiVc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He didn't get these dubs

you didnt get the movie

He wanted those dubs

That's the whole point. He didn't know what was wrong with himself

Not as comfy as repeating numerals

nice dubs,check these trips

He didnt have these trips

He was a lawyer, right? Did we ever see him work?

he was a psycho

>He was a lawyer, right?

No. He was in Mergers and Acquisitions, so probably an MBA with an econ/finance background.

>Did we ever see him work?

No. He had a cooshy job that was more social mingling than actual work.

Did he just want a quiet life?

What the hell was his job?

vice president

If you stare into the comfy, the comfy stares back at you

he didnt get THESE dubs

It was literally too comfy
Nothing excited him anymore so he slowly went insane, due to a lack of stimulus

>slowly went insane

he was likely always a sociopath but it took him that long until his urges overtook him.

He had double digit IQ. Much like the ones in my post number.

Checked

None of it actually happened.

He was drowning in an ocean of materialism and lacked an identity of his own. Though extremely intelligent, he sits on the spectrum somewhere, this is more apparent in the book (meticulously listing the designers and types of all clothing surrounding him, extensive electronics knowledge, chapters completely dedicated to fanatical music reviews, etc.). He clearly has a plethora of mental disorders, but he was constantly trying to fit in with his shallow peers, which probably did even more damage to his psyche.

Also, check em.

Cheeeeek
theeeeeeese
duuuuuuuuuuubs
Check these dubs

stop trying to get dubs and actually get dubs

DUDE RICH PEOPLE ARE WEIRD BEING POOR IS BETTER LMAO

lack of dubz

Why not show us then?

he probably would have skullfucked people and ate their brains even as a poor person

dude everything is black and white lmao

Nobody around him wanted to talk about good music from Phil Collins, Huey Lewis and Whitney Houston.

Comfort means nothing when all the things society tells you that you should want are ultimately meaningless to you. He was trapped in a life he could not escape and manifested severe disassociation. In the end, he lived a life that was so unremarkable among his peers that nobody even recognized him as an individual. This ultimately allowed him to walk away from his crimes as if he did not commit them, thus likely deepening his madness.

Then again, there's always the theory that Bateman was just flat out losing his mind and believed his idle fantasies of savage violence to be reality, and that he never committed any of his crimes in the first place.

Impressive. Very nice.

Whether or not Bateman actually killed those people is irrelevent to the questions audiences should actually be asking themselves.

>Do I try too hard to fit in? Am I living the life I want to live?

Off by 1, fuck me.

i don't think it is

Bateman looked, acted, dressed, had the same job, the same friends, etc as everyone else in his social circle (to the point where they all got each other confused like when Paul Allen kept calling him "Halberstram")

By killing people, Bateman was oddly enough breaking out of that mold and being an individual.

He wad psychotic, that's what was wrong.

GRAB A ROBE...BUT NOT THE BIJON

Care to tell me why?

I thought he got away with it because he was extremely rich, and that it was in the community's best interest that he wasn't arrested. He seems like he wanted to be punished for his crimes, but couldn't because nobody would acknowledge them. Guilt, but bo punishment.

you might have to be willing to actually kill those people in a manner of speaking

Which people? I feel like you skipped something.

Bateman is actually Timothy Bryce (the guy from Leftovers).

In both the book and the movie, Bateman says "Timothy Bryce is the only interesting person I know".

And only in the book Bryce runs off and disappears after a night of drinking and drugs not to be seen for a while.

Let see Paul Allen's dubs

i was attempting to paraphrase your original comment

A comfy life? His job is full of maniacs. You don't appreciate comfort when you have a job that gives you more stress than being unemployed.

Alright.

i think what i'm trying to say is that i think that the things bateman did, including the murder, sex acts too perverse for prostitutes (funny enough only marriage and childrearing is too perverse for prostitutes), returning vhs tapes without rewinding them, etc... that only he knows about that break the mold () were the acts that enabled him to be free and that defined him. i don't think we ever see the character reach that state of freedom but that's also intentional

Dude, he barely did anything at work. He would show up, watch tv, hound his secretary, then got out for a $500 lunch.

As his fiance Evelyn said "you can do whatever you want, your father practically owns the company". Bateman then says that he works there because he wants to "fit in".

I hate that fucking dubs made this film impossible to discuss here...

>He had a comfy life, what the fuck was wrong with him?

you know the saying
>they said i could become anything. so i became comfy

its not as easy beeing done as its beeing said.
getting comfy is a high art.

Sounds like my job but with a $10 lunch and only working on weekends

what you do?

Why didn't he just buy a cabin somewhere?

I hate that you respond to threads without reading them

"What the fuck was wrong with Ted Bundy"

Some people just get a weird kind of darkness inside of them that mutates into homicidal rage.

No one is entirely sure why.

>I thought he got away with it because he was extremely rich
That is partially true, but more closely tied to the fact that he adhered so closely to the stereotype of an upper class wallstreet yuppie that nobody could differentiate him from any other wallstreet yuppie. His peers mistake him for someone else multiple times, including Paul Allen. You could say that's because Paul was drunk, but how drunk would you have to be to forget a co-worker you had just saw the other day?

He got away with it because people barely know he exists. Despite spending much of his time attempting to create an image of himself for others he simultaneously believes that his Self does not exist. He could just disappear one day and fade into obscurity, a missing person case with no resolution.

Just like Paul Allen.

Ahh. Absolutely. If Bateman did indeed kill those people, then he was trying to break free of his shackles. But that is a subset of the questions the film tells you to ask yourself.
>Do I try too hard to fit in? Am I living the life I want to live?
I personally believe he killed those people because it adds to those questions in the manner you stated. But even if he didn't, it doesn't matter. The film's questions stand either way.

He didn't check these.

Work at a healthcare company, mostly just computer work with middle aged women and reading shitposts all day on my phone.
Pays pretty good but unfortunately corporate has been acting like dicks to us lately.

His upper-class upbringing leads to a form of psychopathy that made him feel empty.

He tried to compensate for this emptiness through social climbing.

Ultimately this was futile, but he didn't realize that it wasn't that he was being blocked or thwarted when social situations don't work out. He could never achieve real person hood through getting into the fanciest restaurants and having the best business cards. He doesn't realize so he externalized the rage he felt at his own emptiness instead of realizing that it was flawed strategy was the real reason he still felt empty.

This frustration eventually morphed into homicidal rage.

This is pretty much directly explained in the film guys with the openning monologue and how his anger always peaks with some kind of minor social difficulty that normal people would shrug off, but because social climbing is how he finds meaning the slightest setback is a massive wound to his entire reason for existence.

The movie is literally a warning against trying to fill the holes in your soul with pointless yuppie bullshit.

Fuck you, not everyone is comfortable living day in day out knowing exactly what's going to happen.
Imagine having such a monotonous life in which you don't have any real struggle.
Imagine waking up knowing what youre going to do everyday and realizing it means absolutely fucking nothing because at the end of the day everything one would normally have to EARN is just handed to you.
I bet you want a family too huh, a nice wife, 2 kids, 2 cars parked outside a 3 bedroom 1 story house with a shitty lawn like every other person in your neighborhood
You disgust me, how easily you swallow the "comfy" pill.
You're nothing but a tiny worker ant who finds solace in security.
I hope you're comfortable. I really do. It's easier to live that kind of life sedated

The pig doesn't wince when Socrates shouts at it. The pig just keeps eating.

that's funny I shout at your mother all the time and she just keeps eating too

The movie may have been a dream but these digits sure arent

All life will end and the universe will go into heat entropy. If you've found yourself in a comfy situation, why ever leave it?

You need to work on your mom jokes that was pretty weak.

Drown in your emptiness, swine
You think your banter is unique?
Hahahahaha

i have exactly what you glorify and i long for what you loathe.

>Why didn't he just buy a cabin somewhere?
Because as he says in the film "I want. To fit. IN."

There is always better
Why settle when there's so much out there?
I know it'll only leave me with an even bigger appetite but so be it.
I will consume everything if I must to satisfy this feeling

your mom needs to work on this dick

*tips*
but seriously dont reply to me or my son ever again

That's the curse of humanity
We long for what we do not have and when we do our eyes wander.
Always wandering.

thats a pretty toxic attitude, it only makes you almost never happy ever

There you go, that's better.

Lol. Here, try this: True freedom, not that bullshit you posted.
youtube.com/watch?v=j3f1TPVEiVc

thats what your mom said while she was working this dick

dude thats not what he said at all lmao

Sweet

that's all nice and games, but check these out

Did you know that Ted Bundy's first dog was a collie named Lassie?

Solid post. By far the most accurate analysis in this thread.

Poor people are just as much swimming in mindless materialism than the rich.

are you familiar with the concept of satire

How much do you guys think he made yearly?

No love

$1.2 mil, plus his comfy trustfund.

TAAAAAKKKKKEEEEEE MYYYYYY DUUUUUBSSSS

TAKE MY DUBS

Nice one!

he should've checked these quads

FUCK

jajajajaja los dublos

>Comfy life
>Wonder why he let it himself go
That's like wondering why young people in the First-World no longer want to major in trades and think labor is beneath them. They've been raised their entire lives thinking that kind of life is peasant work. Who the hell wants to be a peasant?

Awful, feel free to die

Being poor means being stabbed in an alley

Read the book, homie
He spends like a month in a country mansion, and it drives him even crazier than usual

digits checker

Off by 4
Off by 5