Ciaran Hinds is Steppenwolf

>‘Game of Thrones’ Star Ciaran Hinds Cast in ‘Justice League’ as Steppenwolf (Exclusive)

thewrap.com/game-thrones-star-ciaran-hinds-cast-justice-league-steppenwolf-exclusive/

>It looks like the “Justice League” found it’s bad guy as “Game of Thrones” star Ciaran Hinds will play Steppenwolf in DC Films’ upcoming ensemble superhero movie which recently wrapped production, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

>Hinds recently wrapped production on the role of Steppenwolf which is a motion capture character from an alien planet, much like the Marvel Studios villain Thanos played by Josh Brolin in “Avengers: Infinity War.”

>Insiders also said that Steppenwolf’s look will be upgraded from his first appearance in the DC Films universe in a deleted scene from “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

>In that clip released the Monday after the film’s opening weekend, Lex Luthor (Jesse Esienberg) communicates with Steppenwolf via the technology on the Kryptonian ship.

>When the SWAT team arrived to arrest Luthor, Steppenwolf screeched and cut off contact. The clip never revealed who this alien was, but one of the strongest theories was that it was Steppenwolf, going off its physical appearances and the three mother boxes.

>The three mother boxes are the macguffins Steppenwolf is after in “Justice League.”

>“[Back] before there was a history … mankind, the Atlanteans — before they were under water — the Amazonians and, actually, the old gods, teamed together and decided that — based on an event that happened — these mother boxes were going to be placed in the care of, as I say, the Amazonians, mankind and the Atlanteans,” producer Charles Roven revealed. “So that allows us to get into some of those environments.”

>In the rebooted continuity of the New 52, Steppenwolf is seen in the Earth 2 timeline as a lieutenant of Darkseid who leads the flying Parademon forces of Apokolips against Earth, killing Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in the process and paving the way for a new generation of superheroes.

>"Marvel Studios villain Thanos played by Josh Brolin in “Avengers: Infinity War.”

>Comparing a purple incompetent smiling faggot to a decent villain

Why

Is Steppenwolf really going to be the villain or are they cramming in Darkseid in the third act? Because neither of these options sounds super great.

Rumor is that the first movie will be against Steppenwolf, and the second one will be Darkseid, it's a stupid idea, but hey

Holy shit this article is written like garbage

Great news.
Just hope they don't do too much of the modulated voice shit.

>it's a stupid idea, but hey

Jeez, I remember when everyone thought they were going to do Darkseid in the first movie and were losing their shit, now it's because he's in the second one? Is this one of those autistic trilogy things?

they just introduced some of the cast through Snapchat videos in bvs. They need time to actually make some synergy in the movie. 3 hours wasnt enough for the last one

Yes. Anyway, Im mad Snyder will be gone by the time we get to see Darkseid. Johns will turn the new gods Into generic space aliens

I LIKE TO DREAM

>Earth 2 Steppenwolf
Still mad

>>>“[Back] before there was a history … mankind, the Atlanteans — before they were under water — the Amazonians and, actually, the old gods, teamed together and decided that — based on an event that happened — these mother boxes were going to be placed in the care of, as I say, the Amazonians, mankind and the Atlanteans,” producer Charles Roven revealed. “So that allows us to get into some of those environments.”

Didn't this plot point get leaked ages ago? What else was a part of that leak?

Snyder put Zod in his first DC movie, Doomsday in the second one... I doubt he'll settle down now for a d-list villain like Steppenwolf.

You really think Snyder is better than Johns now? That's fucking rich.

>Comparing a purple incompetent smiling faggot to a decent villain
Describe Steppenwolf without saying what he looks like, what his costume is, or what his profession or role in the comics is.

Isnt it obvious? To try to paint the picture DC is copying Marvel as much as possible.

He gets shit done without losin any infinity stones.

>DC is copying Marvel as much as possible
And that's certainly not true. They're only copying Marvel as much as they think they can get away with.

>He gets shit done
Describing his role. Only nine words and you already struck out.

He doesn't have any infinity stones to lose hombre. Steppenwolf as the Justice League Villain is like having Ebony Maw as the Infinity War villain.

>Darkseid invades Earth in ancient times, but is repeled by humanity, Atlantis and Themyscira, and three Mother Boxes are left behind and divided between the three. Once united they become a weapon of mass destruction.

>On present day, Darkseid's enforcer Steppenwolf is lured to Earth by Lex Luthor's experiments with Kryptonian technology and his soldiers, the Parademons, begin kidnapping scientists.

>Batman finds out about it and asks Wonder Woman for help to recruit a team to stop them. The Flash agrees, Aquaman and Cyborg initially decline. Cyborg later changes his mind when his father is kidnapped.

>Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Cyborg find the Parademons' nest in an underground tunnel at Stryker's Island and rescue the scientists, while Steppenwolf steals Atlantis' Mother Box, forcing Aquaman to join the team.

>The heroes attempt to protect Themyscira's Mother Box, but fail and believe joining forces was a mistake. Batman convinces them they can't give up and they converge to protect the last Mother Box which is in possession of the United States.

>Batman interrogates Luthor about Steppenwolf and ends up fighting Deathstroke, who has been hired to rescue Luthor.

>Steppenwolf ultimately retrieves the last Mother Box and activates the weapon in order to subjugate Earth.

>The heroes find a way to revive Superman and he returns to help them defeat Steppenwolf. Cyborg interfaces with the weapon, disables it, and teleports the Parademons back to Apokolips.

>The world saved, the heroes decide to stay together as the Justice League. Luthor assigns Deathstroke to kill Batman in revenge for Batman sending him to Arkham Asylum. Darkseid finds out about the Justice League and decides to attack Earth himself.

so this is all basically confirmed now. Sounds solid, I just hope it works out and there's a few more surprises that weren't leaked.

>Darkseid finds out about the Justice League and decides to attack Earth himself.

Hope we get New Gods, have the Apokolips guys look all creepy and nasty and the New Genesis people look more angelic and classic Kirby.

darkseid's uncle also sort of a butthurt weenie about not ruling apokalypse

who's ready for ancient black canary

too bad they didn't get Leam Neeson as they wanted but Ciaran is not bad either.

>Darkseid invades Earth in ancient times, but is repeled by humanity, Atlantis and Themyscira, and three Mother Boxes are left behind and divided between the three. Once united they become a weapon of mass destruction.

this is the part I'm looking forward the most because its obvious Snyder is gonna do an epic intro montage scene with Atlantis and Themyscira fighting Darkseids army.

>also sort of a butthurt weenie about not ruling apokalypse
Why tho

he wanted to rule but cannot.

>he wanted to rule
y

why does anyone user? his reach outstretches his grasp.

>Luthor assigns Deathstroke to kill Batman in revenge for Batman sending him to Arkham Asylum

why do they have to ruin the batman solo movie with this

I know why Thanos craves power. I know a bit about why Loki craves power, though that one's a bit mercurial. Why does Steppenwolf?

>wasting a CONSUL OF ROME on a CGI monstrosity that barely shows his face

couldnt tell ya user.

>. Batman convinces them they can't give up and they converge to protect the last Mother Box which is in possession of the United States.
Why the fuck is Batman the one doing this?

In 99% of other incarnations, he's the first to go "Fuck this, I work solo"

"Killing" Superman before the JL was a fucking mistake

Because he is the one that has been touched by Superman's grace. Did you even watch BvS? He isn't going to fail him anymore.

Yes, that 20 second conversation after his autistic Martha freakout really changed him

Well, in the movie it did. Sorry they aren't throwing away stuff from the previous movies.

>Sorry they aren't throwing away stuff from the previous movies.
Yes.
This is the problem I have

Now how much of this is WB gonna fuck up?

>the first ever live-action Justice League movie is going to have Steppenwolf as the main antagonist
Still not over this bullshit.

>In the final battle, the Flash (Ezra Miller) uses his super speed to make all the enemy goons dance. Batman (Ben Affleck) is not amused

HAIL CAESAR

On the other hand he's a throwaway villain, Darkseid is the real boss

>tfw Flash also had Caesar as the debut throwaway villain

>Hope we get New Gods, have the Apokolips guys look all creepy and nasty and the New Genesis people look more angelic and classic Kirby.
I'm glad you're not working on this movie, although I wouldn't be surprised if they went in this direction anyway, fuck me.

>Hinds recently wrapped production on the role of Steppenwolf which is a motion capture character

Uh oh. He'll do the voice and all too but Snyder CGI isn't Jackson CGI.

Darkseid is sure to have a cameo at least

But do people really want him to be a jobber like in JL War?

Like Doomsday too.

The guy who played Doomsday can honestly play any character.

I don't think Shannon was even called back for BvS

They made a naked dummy instead

He was, he was pretty stiff though.

I'm talking about Robin Atkin Downes.

>they can't even introduce a fucking character without dragging in Marvel shit

And they wonder why people say they're biased

Saying he "played" Doomsday is a stretch.
He just did growl sound effects

Why what is wrong with that? Its a awesome contrast.

He did the mo-cap too.

They can bring him back as any character for mo-cap and he'd probably do an excellent job.

Didn't know Downes did mocap too.
Usually he's just a VA

Nah, he does plenty of mocap too. Usually for vidya.

I like how just casually accepts a retarded plot point.

Every single plot detail about DC/Marvel movies that gets revealed just makes me less and less interested in ever seeing them.

Just fuck movies, these people are such retards.

It's cliche and boils down the New Gods into just, "space angels/demons."

That's literally what the are though

>"Ciaran Hinds will voice a CGI supervillain in a DC movie, kinda' like Josh Brolin is voicing a CGI supervillain in a Marvel movie"
>FUCKING MARVEL BIAS IT'S A CONSPIRACY DISNEY BRIBES MUH DC

They're more like a pantheon of gods than just angels or demons.

BvS is done, what should I do? Keep bitching about it no stop? Have them redo the entire thing in the next movie? Better to move on.

A pantheon about as nuanced as night and day.

I mean fuck, the "evil leader" is literally Dark Side and his followers are fake Nazis, literal sadists, or literary allusions.

Kill yourself casual
Just look at the map of the multiverse, they run through their own sphere

>I mean fuck, the "evil leader" is literally Dark Side and his followers are fake Nazis, literal sadists, or literary allusions.
That's just the thing, though. The New Gods are supposed to represent positive or negative aspects of humanity, particularly the New Gods of Apokalips. They're not angels or demons, they're parts of human society taken to their logical extremes. Just making them angels or demons takes away the subtleties of the New Gods. They're meant to resemble us for a reason.

>they're parts of human society taken to their logical extremes
So does the rest of the universe have any say on this?

Thay doesn't makenthem christian allegories retard

No, looking like this.

He literally has a Shepherd's Crook.
As there any other figure that is famous for holding one...

something something sun god kino pleb narvekshill understand kys based snyder.

>So does the rest of the universe have any say on this?
What do you mean? That's just the way they are. Jack Kirby always intended on them embodying certain aspects of humanity. Darkseid is tyranny through fascism. Granny Goodness is possessive love. The Forever People embody youth culture. And so on.

Wow literally one character shares one element with Judaism they must be Angels and Demons!

>Doesn't like Steppenwolf
Reminder that they made Loki the villain in Avengers.
Loki.
Again. Loki.

>Thanos: cuz muh death (ain't even explained in the movies)
>Loki: cuz muh daddy issues
Steppenwolf: is angry about losing inheritance to nephew who takes control of his own planet, gets an endless army, and becomes the leader of their race.

I mean he WAS the first villain they ever fought in the Avengers books.

>New Gods
>Gods
>Who come into existence after the previous Gods die
>GODS

This.

They should've went with Starro. Fucks' sake.

Oh, but don't expect DCEUfags to actually know anything about comic books. They don't read them.

>much like the Marvel Studios villain Thanos played by Josh Brolin in “Avengers: Infinity War.”

I love Starro but he should be saved. Imagine if we were like 10 movies in this universe and we have Starro controlling hundreds of known characters. The impact of just how alone the League is against him would be great.

This. They're the NEW gods. They're supposed to be a hodge podge of modern ideas like the old pantheons were hodge podges of old cultural ideas.

They're "what if 20th century man had gods?".

Apokalips is a super industrial ghetto. New Genesis is a garden plus Supertown where everyone can be whatever colorful god they want to be.

Mr. Miracle is the god of celebrity and escape artists like Houdini.

The Forever People are hippies and youth culture.

Himon is the god of social workers and rebels.

Highfather is good modern religion that encourages oneness and personal interpretation of God aka The Source. Glorious Godfry is bad modern religion, televangelism that just wants to con people.

Orion is the modern nature vs nurture argument. He can never shake the part of himself that is his father, but he will never yield to it.

Metron is modern science. Cynical, sometimes amoral, but possessing a genuine wonder and joy at how the cosmos works.

Having them be space angels and space demons is a surface reading of the characters on par with the surface reading Snyder gave the Watchmen characters in his adaptation.

In other words this is going to be the worst 4th World adaptation sense the Masters of the Universe movie.

He's a throwaway bad guy. I have no idea why they're using him instead of someone with a personality like Granny Goodness.

Would Starro really work? I mean how would you use him. The Morrison JLA version is too mind-trippy for casual audiences. They wouldn't like it. The Gardner Fox original version would make an interesting episode as the league splits up to fight the triple Starros but its not movie material. The big barbarian Starro-boss was pure shit.

How would you use Starro?

>I have no idea why they're using him
He's the General of Darkseid's military. I can easily see why they're using him. Darkseid sends his general to try and invade Earth, he'll fail so Darkseid will have to do it himself.
Yes, I know that sounds like Thanos and Loki/Chitauri lmao

see
It'd be heroes vs heroes but good.

The crook is because he's a super prophet.His name is IZAYA for fucks sake. This isn't hard to figure out.

In contrast to Darksied the gods of New Genesis are humble before the Source, and Izaya is their prophet.

The New Gods are mix of ideas from pop culture to Zoroastrian philosophy to Judaism. To lump them into "space angels and space devils" is so fucking retarded it hurts.

Snyderfags please kill yourselves.

>he's a super prophet
>The New Gods are mix of ideas from pop culture to Zoroastrian philosophy to Judaism
Exactly, they're a mix. So why would it be a problem for them to be compared to Angels and Devils? I'm a huge fan of the New Gods, not a Snyderfag.

This is the only real argument against Starro.

>The Morrison JLA version is too mind-trippy for casual audiences.
And Steve Ditko Dr. Strange is too mind-trippy for casual audiences.

Oh, wait.

Because the techno aspect was important in showing them as "modern" and "new".

You can compare them to angels and devils, but they shouldn't be depicted as extras from a metal album sleeve.

Look at . This is shit. You showed this to someone they'd think Hellraiser, not the 4th World. This is the result of someone reading Apoklips as "Space Hell" and missing all the nuance.

I'm praying those cubes aren't Mother Boxes. Please dear god no. Mother Boxes were one of the coolest ideas Kirby ever made. They're a distillation of the modern idea of a personal path to God. Himon taught his Apokalips students that only they could create their Mother Box by their own hands. Their Buddha-nature was so profound they healed even the warriors of Apokalips. When Orion forced one to suicide it was a big fucking deal and one of the most emotional parts of the original series.

They aren't the box from fucking Hellraiser. Why do they look like the box from fucking Hellraiser?

>Implying the look wasn't watered down into digestible scenes from Inception.

Motherfucking these.

Let's not water down the New Gods into space angels/demons, okay?

Dude, Mother Boxes are supposed to be smaller than that shit, too. They're basically super iPads, with a connection to the Source, like you said. There are tons of sci-fi movies and shit out there where people have magical devices like that but for some reason, all this shit is too comic booky or something. It's ridiculous.

Also, on anything being too trippy or weird, people said the same shit about GotG as well and look what happened. Plus, while I haven't seen Dr. Strange yet, the director originally wanted to go even further in the trippy direction but Marvel wouldn't let him. If we get a sequel, presumably, they'll go even crazier.

I agree that they shouldn't look like just stereotypical angels and demons but I think you can combine that biblical look with the techno aspect. Steppenwolf's design in BvS is a little weird, I'll admit. I'm very anxious about what the DCEU might do with the Fourth World.
Also Mother Boxes can take all sorts of appearances. The way it came apart when "fixing" Cyborg reminded me of Kirby crackle.

>Implying the look wasn't watered down into digestible scenes from Inception.
I just saw it today and no way, man. You're thinking of NYC folding in on itself but there's a scene where Ancient One sends Strange flying through dimensions that's similar to that scene in Ant-Man or 2001: A Space Odyssey. The whole Dark Dimension was pretty Ditko, too.

>First exposure to Superman
>City leveled, kisses in the ruins as people crawl out from the rubble

>First exposure to Batman
>Reactionary barely-sane vigilante tricked into trying to kill Superman because of his insecurities.

>First exposure to the Mother Box, pocket Bodhisattvas and symbols of cosmic connection and healing
>The space version of the box from Hellraiser that float around something that looks like the love child of the Independence Day Aliens and the Harvester from Doom.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>supposed to be smaller than that.

They come in a variety. That was sort of the original point of them. Orion had one that could clip on to his harness. Mr. Miracle had one that integrated into his circus outfit. The Forever People had a big one that they all shared.

You realize that's a very easy question right?

I mean, even easier than with Thanos.

>They come in a variety. That was sort of the original point of them. Orion had one that could clip on to his harness. Mr. Miracle had one that integrated into his circus outfit. The Forever People had a big one that they all shared.
You're right. I knew I was forgetting something. My bad.

Point is, it's really looking like Snyder is forgetting the whole point of them.

>One "heals' Cyborg
>By turning him into a cyborg

Fuck you so hard Snyder. You couldn't possibly fuck the point of the Mother Box any harder than this.

Literally the first thing a Mother Box ever did in comics is heal Orion's face.

It looks like they're going to be weird little alien portal gizmos and nothing, nothing else. I bet they won't even be sapient. I bet they won't even go PING.

>I work alone. Unless you count Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing, Justice League Vanilla, Justice League International, Batman Inc, Azrael, Oracle, and The Outsiders.

>You realize that's a very easy question right?
So far no one has answered it though, because they all have had to mention his role in the story or position to do it, things like his position on Apokolips or his relation to Darkseid. The point of the question is to get you to analyze what the character's motivations are, and what their actual personal traits are, or to realize they don't really have any, and are just a powerful brick for the hero to break, or a do-gooder with nothing going on under the surface.

Furthermore, I bet we won't even get Kirby crackle on screen for the first time. I fucking bet you they won't do anything cool like that.

He raped and impregnated wonder woman

>Why

To point out that Steppenwolf will be a fully CGI character despite the famous actor by using another example that people would be familiar with.