Damage Control

>Promote fanboy to major executive position instead of somebody with business sense
>flood TV and movie theaters with movies and shows nobody wants
>"look at me!" fanboy event comics for attention, artistic integrity be damned

I don't see how anybody can see this as a good thing. All DC is doing is pandering to whiners for a quick buck. They don't care about the stories artists and writers want to make, just what some fat virgin wants. They ignore the HUGE audience that doesn't have comics made for them, basically telling everyone who isn't white that they don't deserve heroes.

This is horrible for the industry and shows just how desperate they are. Marvel is playing it incredibly smart by sticking to their guns and trying to expand their market, because basement dwellers are not a sustainable audience.

Seriously, how can anyone look at DC and not think to themselves "yup, that's a company in its death throes". They're just not making it work any more, and the reboot and huge ad blitz that was meant to fix everything? The ads didn't bring in the number of readers DC needed, and the "reboot" just caused a fucking jawdropping mess that's dragged the quality of stories even further down the drain.

Then they killed Vertigo. They fucking killed Vertigo. WB said "wait, why the fuck do you have an entire line of books where creators have rights? Fuck that, change the contracts so that you own EVERYTHING you publish and trample over creators as much as possible," and DC did it. They fucking did it. One of the dumbest moves ever made by a comic company, up there with direct distribution, letting the speculator market spiral out of controland the DC Explosion.

DC's dying, at least the comic division. The properties are somewhat viable for movies and TV, but the comics? HA. It's been common knowledge that DC sucks for years now. This is pretty much a death rattle for Damage Control. I'll be shocked if they're even above Image in 5 years.

RIP. You won't be missed.

Other urls found in this thread:

theringer.com/movie-industry-shifts-peak-tv-arrival-moonlight-f0a5ddd85384#.
pajiba.com/think_pieces/an-open-letter-to-warner-bros-ceo-kevin-tsujihara-about-layoffs-zack-snyder-and-donuts.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worst bait ever. Try harder Marvel Intern.

Thanks for the quick chuckle, OP.

I've been thinking this for a really long time, but this week has really made me come to terms with the fact that I hate DC. I've tried to give them a chance in the past but nothing they ever made has really interested me. Marvel has offered me stuff like Spider-man, Daredevil, and Punisher that I've grown up with, but DCs heroes have always been kiddy and underdeveloped in comparison.

What also gets me is how anal DC fans are. I've noticed that almost all DC fans are social outcasts while the majority of people happily grow up with Marvel. It feels like a really contrarian way to make decisions. With that comes a sense of unwarranted self importance. DC fans like to pretend their books are "smart," and have a lot of guys like Morrison that write a lot of pseud gobbledygook. DC stories are all about being told how smart you are and being meta. Marvel isn't high art but they're good at telling stories about people that act like people.

But what really gets me is that they're always rebooting and pushing events that do nothing but dredge up shit from their past for nostalgia. It's a backwards way of writing that shows that they're creatively bankrupt, and they hurt ALL comics, not just their own.

And now they've basically killed their whole brand by making three of the worst movies ever IN A ROW, and we have articles proving that they're doing it again for the next three flops.

They have no good characters, can't write stories, and reboot their universe every other day. I've never been happier than right now, watching them burn their whole franchise to the ground.

That's why everyone hates DC. The outright lies, the evil business practices, and the bullshit slammming down of anyone and eveybody that dares to criticize them. They think they're better than everyone else when they're just stewing in their own shit.

Its like they made an entire comic book franchise out of Dunning Kruger effect. every one of them deserves to be dead in the fucking streets.

Proof that Batman is going to be a Batman v Superman tier shitheap

>“I was having dinner with a couple of executives who know other executives who are working on the [forthcoming] Batman movie, The Batman,” Ellis tells me. “And they were just telling me that there are serious problems with the script. And that the executives I was having dinner with were complaining about people who work on the Batman movie. And they just said they went to the studio and they said, ‘Look, the script is … Here’s 30 things that are wrong with it that we can fix.’ And [the executives] said, ‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the script.’ So I do think global concerns play a big part in how movies, and what movies, are being made, obviously.”

Things aren't looking good.

theringer.com/movie-industry-shifts-peak-tv-arrival-moonlight-f0a5ddd85384#.

tasty pasta

Can't wait for Captain Atom, what are the rest of you looking forward to?

Proof that Wonder Woman will be an absolute trainwreck

pajiba.com/think_pieces/an-open-letter-to-warner-bros-ceo-kevin-tsujihara-about-layoffs-zack-snyder-and-donuts.php

>What are you even doing? I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year. MaybeWonder Womanwouldn't be such a mess. Don't try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it's another mess.

This company is going down in flames and you autists are eating the shit right out of their fat asses.

>DC fans have to wait and hope for good comics

Nice try. You must be really desperate Marvel intern. Don't forget the paycheck. And tell your company to pubblish some better comics from the current trash that feed you.

>implying I'm not enjoying Superman, Aquaman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Hal and the Green Lads, Young Animal, Hanna Barbera, etc.
Mouseketeer PLS

Do shills get paid for copypastas? Must be an even easier job than I thought.

Bendis is that you? Or you are Slott? Or Hopeless? Or another retarded Marvel writer?

I was trying to make fun of the Marvel cuck that started this thread since he made the exact same thread yesterday. Sorry my tone didn't carry through the text.

I saw this copypasta yesterday.

I've been thinking this for a really long time, but this week has really made me come to terms with the fact that I hate Nintendo. I've tried to give them a chance in the past but nothing they ever made has really interested me. Microsoft has offered me stuff like Halo, Gears of War, and Fable that I've grown up with, but Nintendo's games have always been kiddy and underdeveloped in comparison.
What also gets me is how anal Nintendo fans are. I've noticed that almost all Nintendo fans are social outcasts while the majority of people happily grow up with X-Box. It feels like a really contrarian way to make decisions. With that comes a sense of unwarranted self importance. Nintendo fans like to pretend their games are "fun," and have a lot of guys like Miyamoto that make a lot of bright kiddy games. Nintendo games are all about being told how fun you're having and being juvenile. X-Box isn't high art but they're good at having games about people that act like people.
But what really gets me is that they're always rehashing and pushing character crossovers that do nothing but dredge up shit from their past for nostalgia. It's a backwards way of making games that shows that they're creatively bankrupt, and they hurt ALL video games, not just their own.

And now they've basically killed their whole brand by making three of the worst consoles ever IN A ROW, and we have articles proving that they're doing it again for the next one.
They have no good characters, can't make serious games, and rehash their old titles every other day. I've never been happier than right now, watching them burn their whole franchise to the ground.
That's why everyone hates Nintendo. The outright lies, the evil business practices, and the bullshit slammming down of anyone and eveybody that dares to criticize them. They think they're better than everyone else when they're just stewing in their own shit.
Its like they made an entire video gaming franchise out of Dunning Kruger effect. every one of them deserves to be dead in the fucking streets.

my point by doing this is that these console wars are just horseshit and Sup Forums spillover

>Marvel is playing it incredibly smart by sticking to their guns and trying to expand their market, because basement dwellers are not a sustainable audience.
neither the people they're trying so hard to lure

marvel sux

B-but DC is just as bad, really... they're like two sides of the same coin h-hahhahaha....

I may be out of my mind, but I saw Wonder Woman's trailer before Dr Strange and mysteriously, didn't cringe even once. On the contrary, I thought it actually looked pretty damn good. No awful attempts at verbal comedy, no lines that are serious but come across like jokes, the actors are good and the action looked beautiful. In other words, it's already everything BvS was not.

I mean, you have a superpowered chick with sword and shield fighting in a world war, how can that not be amazing? This could actually turn out to be the best DC adaptation yet.

>you have a superpowered chick with sword and shield fighting in a world war, how can that not be amazing?
tumblrinas gtfo

Wonder Woman does look really good.

You know something is going wrong when this looks better than the pig-faced version.

>B-but DC is just as bad, really... they're like two sides of the same coin h-hahhahaha....

>Post deleted

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
Get fucked DCuck

G8 B8 M8. I R8 8/8

>tfw you're a marvel fan who wishes Sup Forums would get over the irrational hate boner but realize fuckers like OP fanning the flames doesn't help

both companies are good!

>>B-but DC is just as bad, really... they're like two sides of the same coin h-hahhahaha....
Stay mad Marvelcuck

marvel is not good right now.

>DCuck
Another post to delete.

>this copy pasta again

I hate Marvel

DC is just fine. Nu52 was shit, but Rebirth is pretty awesome.

It's WB that needs to burn down. If they focused their efforts in making good movies instead of making shit movies and shilling them to hell, maybe the DCEU wouldn't be so shit.

>Nu52 was shit

Nah.