Can someone explain me this movie ,I only understand that the girl and the old man are against each other

Can someone explain me this movie ,I only understand that the girl and the old man are against each other

oldman, whitewoman and shaman - 3 main characters in this story.
u watching from eyes of passerby character
whitewoman evil too

The woman represents Christianity

>watch this film and keep thinking there's a lesson about blind hatred with the Japanese guy
>turns out he was fucking Satan this whole time
Damn, the hatred among those 2 is strong.

lead gook thought japan man was evil and shaman man was good and would help.

then maybe shaman not actually helping and japan man maybe not actually evil. maybe lady in white evil instead.

but turn out japan man really evil AND shaman man evil in collusion with japan man

lady in white good whole time

story a parable about modern korean culture. xenophobia and historical hatred of japanese, spread of christian religion rubbing up against traditional shamanistic culture, etc.

>lady in white good whole time
lul its not

The old man is a demon, the woman is an angel. The film opens with the quote from the bible:
"See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
The next seen we see devil man fishing, putting a worm on a hook. The woman is literally introduced by throwing stones ( she is without sin ). The mans daughter is then cursed instead of listening to the woman he seeks a shaman thus turning against God, this allows the devil in and from then on its a cat and mouse game between the man and the woman for his trust. The film ends with the man going into the house against the Angels advice in which he meets his demise.

japan man & shaman were both malevolant, but they weren't in cahoots

Wrong, notice the shaman wearing traditional Japanese undergarments in the scene at the shamans house, the shaman is tainted after the battle seen, he lets evil into his heart

He wasn't Satan until they killed him.

what lady in white do that was evil? she oppose evil japan man and evil shaman man and try to help lead gook save daughter

did you miss shaman man taking photographs of all japan man's victims...? japan man and shaman man's rituals intercut to make you think they battling each other but really they both hurting daughter and japan man being hurt by presence of lady in white, not shaman man.

why did he have all those Polaroids then?

The lady in white is clearly good, she is introduce by casting the first stone being clean of sin

Oops my bad, that scene is befor the battle scene anyway, he's in cahoots with the shaman. Notice that during the battle scene there's the daughter and a dead guy in the car. The shaman is possessing his daughter, the devil is resurrecting the guy in the car, they're not actually battling

but when shaman man's ritual was cancelled, japan man had a respite

Whitewamen was siting on the road and throw stones to policeman side, she bait him and wait.
He ask her to come and thats why evil came into his life

INTERCUT TO TRICK U FRIEND. language of cinema make you think two events have casual link, but like other user say, one ritual resurrecting man into zombie and other ritual hurting daughter. we later see japan man is fearful/weakened around lady in white, recontextualizing what was actually happening during that sequence. many people miss this because they used to dumb-dumb movies. if you go back and rewatch with foreknowledge of ending it all fall into place.

she talk to him because he police officer who is already investigating case and she correctly lead him to culprit. later she put bird in jar to protect daughter but shaman man act like it really EVIL bird in jar when it actually GOOD bird in jar. shaman destroy bird-jar and daughter get sick. later lady in white summon locusts or whatever to stop shaman from skipping town, and set trap for japan man and implore police officer gook to not interfere so trap can work. she only do good things throughout movie. she telling truth at end and sad ending happens because gook not listen to her.

dishonest film making

Good guys:

Everyone Korean

Bad guys:

Everyone Japanese

I've survived pieces of shit like Manos, Things etc.
But this movie was so fucking boring i could not survive it after an hour.

What a piece of shit.

Those were their victims

This movie was terrible. Nothing anybody did made any sense. The cops didn't know how to use their handcuffs or guns. The main character cop didn't know how to conduct an investigation, file an incident report, or take evidence. The flip flopping of alignment of the Jap, the ghost woman, and the shaman made the movie even more convoluted than it had any right to be.

god I hate gook films. I'm never letting this place trick me again