Anyone else supported BASED Anthony over Octavian to the end?

Anyone else supported BASED Anthony over Octavian to the end?

Anthony got everything he had himself, he worked for it the same way Caesar did. Really his only fault is that he cucked out for pussy. Meanwhile Octavian was just an entitled kid who went on about muh rightful heir muh uncle, and he never really grew out of Caesar's shadow whereas Anthony build himself up and was a CONSUL OF ROME in his own right through his own achievements.

It's like Dany vs Stannis except both Octavian and Anthony are portrayed as flawed characters rather than one just being a perfect hero and the other one being a daughter-burning villain.

HE REFUSES TO MEME ME!

>comparing got to based Rome

You have to compare Rome to GoT because Rome was cancelled and rushed to the finish because of GoT.

*blocks your path*

*implies you're a fag*

I wish Purefoy had more recognition. Most underrated actor out there. He and Hinds reuniting in John Carter was great.

Julius chose Octavian as his heir because of his merit: which proved a wise choice. Anthony sold out his nation for selfish gain, and was not as skilled a strategist. Octavian proved selfless in his marital choice, and as a resolute servant of Rome.

Anthony was a bro, though. No lie there.

Why do you think this?

>he never really grew out of Caesar's shadow whereas
shouldnt have skipped history classes

>I wish Purefoy had more recognition
No one wants to work with him because he's a massive prick.

>HBO Rome is historically accurate

Holy fucking cringe.

no, real life history is historically accurate

Octavius did a lot more and a lot better for Rome than Caesar

>and he never really grew out of Caesar's shadow

Augustus was the greatest emperor Rome has ever had, he is the father of the Pax Romana. Caesar was just a good military commander.

Obviously but this is Sup Forums and not /his/.

>thread about a show
>anons talking about characters on a show
>user even points out he was talking about characters on a show
>"yeah but real life is different that fiction though"

How did you even manage to get to this board? You fucking idiot. Goddman you're stupid.

>the show is about real life history
>character is from real life history
>user talks about character's achievments post-show existence
no need to go full buttblasted autismo because you are an uneducated retard

Get out greekfags

Imagine being this deluded.

i didnt expect any good comeback from an uneducated idiot and i am still disappointed lmao

If you wanted my cumback you should have asked your mother. There's nothing to say to someone so stupid they can't understand the concept of talking about a show rather than real history. You're a deluded fool.

>Hedonistic loser Marc Anthony
>Better than based Augustus and Agrippa

Fuck off you fucking faggot cunt.

You fucking retard Augustus was viewed as a god after his Imperium. He exceeded Julius Caesar in his renown in Rome.

>having to resort to insults
ebin

Augustus is based. That being said I think he owes much to Agrippa's victories.

Yeah, if I were Agrippa I'd use my superior military skills to get revenge on Octavian for denying me my prime pussy, destroy Mark Anthony and rescue my waifu of the Julii

but they never fucked irl, so...

>you're an uneducated idiot
>WOW LOL YOU HAVE TO RESORTS TO INSULTS?

Honestly, what would Antonius have done for Rome in the long run? Nothing on the scale of Augustus. Antonius was the brash soldier, Augustus was the ruler.

We're talking about the show ya pinhead. The show isn't a 100% copy of real history. It's based on it, sure, but it isn't the same.

Probably either sat on his ass and kept things in their status quo as Dictator until he eventually dies. I really doubt he'd have set up the Roman Empire as Augustus did. He may have gone on a conquest somewhere to rile up support for continuing his reign.

So no Anthony wouldn't have been good as Octavian, but we're discussing characters in a TV show and their personalities, not the real life people that they're based on.

Show really potrayed Octavian quite badly in both seasons.

literal autism.

Yeah, which is my original topic. Show Octavian's a petulant brat, even if he does have good moments. He's a multi-faceted character (just like Anthony) but when you scale up the two characters in the show, Anthony comes out as the gruff experienced guy that would know what the fuck to do (until Cleopatra gets into his head) in comparison to momma's boy Octavian.

Octavian was a midling strategist backed up by based Agrippa. Octavian when on his own was as likely to lose, like he did against Sextus Pompey

ofc

I feel I would've liked season 2 Octavian if the actor wasn't replaced

The quads of truth

>Choosing Antony the cuck or autistic Augustus when Lepidus is an option

When will the plebs learn?

W-what do I g-get?

>africa

>never really grew out of his uncle's shadow
Try reading a book

>play Rome 2 as Lepidus
>get cucked out of Africa/Spain

>Rome II

beta looks better than the actual game btw

>Playing Lepidus
>Not playing Sextus "The Sex" Pompey and taking down the the Second Triumvirate.

For shame.

Lepidus is most comfy Roman. You join a triumvirate, fight a bit and then you bugger off to live a comfy life with the protection of Pontifex Maximus until dying of old age.

Why would you want Chad to defeat fellow autist Augustus?

>not rooting for Chad

>Marky
>Chad
He was a cuck who rised Titus' son.

No, Octavian was /ourguy/, an incest loving autist who almost got cucked out of his rightful position by some chad but triumphed over him in the end