So is this actually any good?

So is this actually any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zkzepuvmc9U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

of course it's not

Not really a few good jokes though and if you're a fan of RLM you might be able to watch it.
Don't buy it though

Sadly no, really hard to get through, not even so bad it's funny and I genuinely enjoyed feeding frenzy.

It's not very good.

You know the 60 second skits at the beginning and at the end of Half in the Bag? Deliberately badly acted on purpose, that's the joke, you get it!?

Space Cop is a feature length version of that.

To quote Red Letter Media themselves,

>bad comedy is miserable

and Space Cop is just that

its just plain embarrassing even as parody

Oh yeah, those are terrible.
I'll avoid it then, thanks.

Jay
>A bad comedy is not just bad, a bad comedy is fucking miserable.

It's really bad, seriously. But it's a fact that some people love just that, so if you like bad movies, maybe you'll get some fun out of it.

Just watch the trailer, it has all the good parts

I hate how Mike acts in this

Have RLM ever adressed this hypocrisy?

>bad movies

The irony is that RLM themselves are the biggest proponents of a film made with dedication, effort and a goal, that turns out to be a shitfest can still be incredibly entertaining, hence some of your and the worlds favourite bad movies

A bad on purpose film - birdemic, sharknado, Space Cop... you made it bad on purpose, so it's no so bad its good, it's just bad. I can't fathom why they went down this route except for the fact that Space Cop came out like 10 years later than they hoped or nearabouts, they started work on it before the Star Wars stuff... maybe if Space Cop had come out in 2007, at the height of "Randumb XD" culture maybe it'd have been a hit and we'd have all loved it... but it's just sad.

It's really bad. Really, really bad. Make you question why they dare to review movies bad.

I hear the commentary is actually better than the film itself. I would love to hear it one day.

lmao at the patrons who funded this shit

Way too many fat people in it

It's "ironically" "so bad it's good", which means it's bad.

The two parts I enjoyed were Patton Oswalt's cameo (I know you hate him Sup Forums but I can't bring myself to), and the death of the main villain.

The rest is mostly forgettable but Rich Evans not giving a fuck is always fun to watch in passing.

Did Space Cop even have a script? It seemed like they were just making it up as they went along.

It might be the worst film I have ever seen. And not in a good way, but in a sad boring way

Off course not, they are hacks

I really don't get RLM. They understand movies, they hate movies trying to be "ironically bad", then they go and shit this out.

Will they ever make another movie or was Space Cop the end for them?

It's a bit sad to think about. Space Cop was probably their last chance to be seen as legitimate filmmakers and they royally fucked it up.

I'm a big fan of RLM even though I think they give limited insight in their reviews And all they talk about are shitty blockbusters and capeshit. It really disappointed me how they glossed over Dunkirk which is arguably the most discussion worthy large release this summer whether you liked it or not.

That being said I have zero desire to watch space cop. Nothing about anything that I've seen appeals to me in anyway a d any plan to cast rich Evans as the lead on your film is fundamentally retarded.

If this is the end of their feature endeavours that is a real shame. I think they should listen to their critics and try again.

no redeeming values. not "so bad it's good", not cringe-funny, just boring and bad.

Sounds pretty gay and all I know is the title.

When future generations sift through the smoldering rubble of postmodern America, they would do well to locate a hard drive with RedLetterMedia content on it. They could study Mike and Jay and, with that thin slice of information, fully understand what it is that killed western civilization.
Those two are bitter, cynical nihilists. They have devoted their lives, the prime years of productivity, to pithily lampooning cultural ephemera and implying "we could do better than these idiot filmmakers, but we're too cool to actually try."
They are every strain of societal AIDS melded together into a super AIDS of cultural death...
Well into middle age, they're still obsessively analyzing adventure stories for children. They're childless, unmarried, stubbornly avoiding an actual profession, opting instead to beg for Patreon donations. They are subsisting on the patronage of even more embittered, more lonely, more cynical losers who need virtual friends to swim in their vast Petri dish of misery with them.
Look in their fucking eyes, man. It's a joyless, pointless existence they're living.
They are so afraid of sincerity or honest artistic effort that they'll leave behind hours of footage of them chuckling about Tommy Wiseau. They are artistic cowards and abject failures in every respect.
Each time you catch a glimpse of them, you're reminded that we peaked as a civilization a long time ago. We're done creating. We're done feeling real emotions. All we can do now is analyze, criticize, and ironically pick through the dessicated corpse of our once great nation.

I don't think that RLM is ever going to make another film because the only actor they really have is Rich Evans and he's literally fucking dying.

is he really?
an actor

It was a spiritual and economic disaster

that's right jay

He's their

>Ironically bad actor

They use him because he's their friend, he's fat, not great, uses a bad on purpose voice and accent... lol this'll be hilarious, imagine watching a film where the main actor can't act, is overweight lol it'll be hilarious!!!!!

Imagine their reaction / review of a film where someone did the same thing.

I enjoy BOTW, I enjoy HITB but this delusion of them being film directors / creators needs to stop.

Nah. Still the #1 as far as the 'internet reviewer makes their own movie' genre goes. And i did piss myself laughing when Len did the stunt fighting for Rich, but only fans would get anything out of it.

>birdemic
not intensionaly bad. just plain bad

I wonder what kind of movies they had hoped to make when they were little kids...

What hypocrisy? They openly mock their own garbage constantly.

No, they reference it. And Jay seems always utterly amused by these. I like to watch RLM even if I don't agree with them most of the time, but Space Cop was a disaster in every sense.

way too self aware to be fun, watch feeding frenzy instead.
It is also self aware, but levels above this one.

It's like a class clown making a joke of himself because he is afraid other people will do it.

RLM in one post

when do they ever make fun of themselves?

constantly, have you watched the shows?

every single one

imagine being too stupid to understand RLM

it's a 2 hour long half in the bag without the review

feels bad man.. I've always taken them as extremely narcissistic and vain.

The fuck? Absolutely nothing about their personalities seems narcissitic and vain. What are you talking about?

Truth.

Any time their fans react negatively to their output RLM spergs out with some passive aggressive remarks to their fans or making multiple videos mocking anyone with differing opinions as was the case with Rogue One.

Then you have Rich Evans who really is just a bitter fat asshole who doesn't even attempt to be nice to his audience.

youtube.com/watch?v=zkzepuvmc9U

Maybe you shouldn't get so butthurt about what minor e-celebs do and get some real friends.