Is he right?

Is he right?

Why compare two movies that are so different? It's not Deep Impact and Armageddon.
Also,
>30 dec 11

No, Akira isn't really a good film storywise. It's also a lot of people's first anime. So they are just going by nostalgia

Have you been keeping up with your animekino, Sup Forums?

Pic related is better than both of them

nah, nausicca is better than both

Rin-Joh for those who dont know

Considering the movie is an abridged version of the manga, a lot of character development and plot points are dropped due to running time and animation cost

he is totally biased seeing how akira inspired one of his music videos

I think most of us can agree that anime is generic garbage and that people who still enjoy it till their 20s-30s have some form of arrested development or diagnosed mental condition that makes them secretly feel special

They're both great, especially visually. It's not a dick measuring contest.

They're completely different films that are both well made. So it's perfectly acceptable to prefer one over the other. He's right that he finds Akira better, he's wrong to enforce that opinion as fact

Akira is a wonderfully animated film that's unfortunately only a fraction of the greatness that is the manga.

Spirited Away is more aesthetically appealing to the masses and as Ghibli is essentially Japan's answer to Disney, it's more accessible as well.

Both are beautiful films. To say one is "better" is simply subjective so no he isn't right, but that's just like his opinion man.

Much appreciated. Worth checking out if Im not big into anime movies? I go through one or two generic shonen jump shows per year but thats about as much japan as I consume

Go watch Ghost in the Shell.

Why do plebs and faggots fail to realize that pic related is Miyazaki's best work?

Is there some resurgence of popularity with this show? I keep seeing it being posted.

Howl's Moving Castle was pretty dope though

Mononoke is the best example of Miyasaki's heightened ethical awareness, and is his best film in terms of explicating his artistic tensions.
It's his best film in a certain sense, but Spirited Away is the height of his "Japanese" pastoral sense and laser guided lyricism.

One of the few anime films (outside of Miyasaki ones) that Ive watched all the way through. Was an incredibly beautiful movie, I love the shelling scene. Might get around to watching the series one of these years

GOITS
Paprika
Perfect Blue
Belladonna of Sadness
Redline

all of the above are superior to both.

TRU

KANYE A RILL NIQQA

NONE A THAT GAY GIRL ANIME

Howl and the Witch of the Waste battle it out a couple times in the book. It isn't very good there in my opinion but I would have loved to see Ghibli's version, especially with the weird bird monster war scenes they invented.

He's biased because he liked it a lot?

>TOP 5 ANIME MOVIES
>at least one Miyazaki film
>a Satoshi Kon film, probably Perfect Blue
>Ghost in the Shell
>Akira
>End of Evangelion

All of those deserve to be in a top 10 though.

Oh, or are you yet ANOTHER Sup Forums ebin maymay newfag contrarian? Fucks sake

>50+ retweets

Uhhh he's one of the more famous north american musicians/celebs. He could post about taking a shit and of course it would get 1k+ retweets. Doesnt mean they agree with his opinion

RIGHT WING DEATH SQUADS

I like Akira, but I've always felt the pacing was bad

he likes when they're shouting because it almost sounds like kanyeda

Definitely. Just a product of trying to cram an convoluted series into an hour long feature film

It's very aesthetic

I prefer Akira because of when I saw it and it's content appealing to me - But Spirited Away is a "better" movie.

Akira is a fucking mess.

Pic related is easily the best Miyazaki film, no idea why it's so underrated. The whole setting is just absolutely fantastic and the world around them blows my mind every time I watch it.

This post is pure tism

akira is honestly really overrated.
it's adapted from a manga, but because it's a movie instead of a series, they had to cut a lot of characterization and plot out to make it an appropriate runtime. it definitely shows.
spirited away is better.

howl killed millions

>spirited away is GAYER
FIXED

jin-roh dream of sushi

bet you haven't seen the entire trilogy you philistine

you guys think Kim watches anime with him

I love how the "gods" in that movie are just large animals that can be defeated by primitive firearms.
Any more movies like that?

Checked

Spirited Away is SO much better. Akira has great animation and was cool at the time (hell, i still enjoy it), but it's meant to be read as a Manga first and foremost for the story. If you just watch the movie you get NO answers, and it can be kind of frustrating since nothing gets explained.

no

Und dann verschlang der Wolf das arme Rotkäppchen...

nausicaa is the best

As much as I despise that man, and it pains me to say this. Kanye West is right

those are all good you fag

>All of those deserve to be in a top 10 though
normie pleb pls

for some reason black people watching anime creeps me out

>It's also a lot of people's first anime.
That's not at all true today. Hell, it wasn't even true back in the day, where your first anime was probably Speed Racer or Voltron or that fairy tale show on Nick.

does kanye really watch youtube anime compilations?

I feel like that might not be the actual Kanye West.

Weakest of the films

Spirited Away is the most overrated Ghibli. It's good, but not even close to best ever. Akira is better.

I take shits superior to Paprika on the regular

our guy

Nausicca's soundtrack is worse than both.

I've seen Akira at least 4 times and Spirited Away twice. Spirited Away is a far better film. Princess Mononoke is a far better film.

Castle in the Sky doesn't get nearly enough love.

Kimi Wo Nosete is easily the best song from any Miyazaki film.

Only Yesterday is the best Ghibli film

God-tier:
>My Neighbor Totoro
>Kiki's Delivery Service
>Whisper of the Heart
Great-tier:
>Ponyo
>Princess Mononoke
>The Tale of Princess Kaguya
>Akira
>End of Evangelion
Good-tier:
>Spirited Away
>The Wind Rises
>Porco Rosso
>The Castle of Cagliostro
>Nausicaa
>The Cat Returns
>Ghost in the Shell
>When Marnie Was There
>Castle in the Sky
Average-tier:
>Grave of the Fireflies
>Pom Poko
>From Up on Poppy Hill
>Paprika
>Perfect Blue
Bad-tier:
>Howl's Moving Castle
>Arrietty
>Tales from Earthsea
>Only Yesterday
Shit-tier:
>My Neighbors the Yamadas
>5cm per Second

>5cm per Second
Shit tier is too high for this pile of garbage

where is your name

One Makoto Shinkai flick is enough.

>Ponyo above Spirited Away, Porco Rosso, Castle, Nausicca and Cagilostro
>Marnie in the same tier as them
>Only Yesterday bad

Christ, way to be a contrarian faggot. I'm shocked you took time out of your busy cock sucking schedule to post this shit.

No way a selfish egotistical so-selfcentered-makes-fun-of-own-kid-giving-it-funny-name asshole's opinion is relevant ... NOOO WAAAY ... sorry but kanye is a greedy egotistical jerk

Nice bait, faggot

I would say Spirited Away is the better film but Akira is definitely more awesome so he's correct

PORCO ROSSO BEST FILM
PORCO ROSSO BEST FILM
PORCO ROSSO BEST FILM

sorry but this is the goat

Your Name > Ghost in the Shell

End of Evangelion is /ourfilm/
Moot the cuck used to embed Komm Süsser Tod twice a year at least.