Harley Storytime: Lieberman first arc

So I had this in my mind to do it for aa long time and I decided that I should do it anyway since the first arc of Lieberman Harley Quinn solo is something that should be read. I know all of you are sick of Harley in every form of media but I assure you that this story is one that you don't Harley in nowadays. So sit back and enjoy this little storytime that this user brought to you

This is Vengeance Unlimited

Don't forget to bump

The art of Mike Huddleston is precious is this first arc of the book, I've notice that he major strenght is action scenes, which you'll see later

I nice reworking of Harley origin, I don't know if Lieberman kept the sleeping through college part of her origin though

What I like about this is that Harleen didn't brought the Jester costume out of a shop but instead she made the costume, which (to me) seems to fit with Harley character and her obsession with the Joker

The color works in this part of the book is great, a good use of shadows to make Harley look dangerous

Like I said before the action scenes of this book are some neat book, which you'll see in the following pages. I dunno if this could be considered Mike Huddleston best work but I like it

Oh my that's perfect!

The hot-headed cop is one of the good characters of this book, I like how Lieberman makes it work at the end, how it makes him change, seems fluid and not forced which is nice

Yeah, it is. It's add a level of obssessiveness that you Harley does have

Doc, another great character and nice supporting cast of Harley, seems to me that Palmiotti & Conner did a reworking of him for the new solo

Someone reads Garfield.

I've had this conversation with a student. My mind shut down for a bit.

Aww, this is gonna be a meet cute

I used to think like that, sure I'll get an "F" but I won't be dissappointed since I was aiming for that and if I get anything above F I was surprised. I was a dumb kid

It's alright, OP. The American Education system is just fucked threeways sideways. You might have been dumb but the system was just as dumb.

Yeah, I know but I shoulda at least put effort into my education but eh, that's already in the past and I lease got to change that

According to Comichron this were the sales numbers of Lieberman run on Harley

Harley Quinn 26 $2.50 DC 19,970

Harley Quinn 27 $2.50 DC 19,156

Harley Quinn 28 $2.50 DC 18,591

Harley Quinn 29 $2.50 DC 18,466

Harley Quinn 30 $2.50 DC 16,744

Harley Quinn 31 $2.50 DC 16,538

Harley Quinn 32 $2.50 DC 16,475

Harley Quinn 33 $2.50 DC 16,059

Harley Quinn 34 $2.50 DC 15,651

Harley Quinn 35 $2.50 DC 15,336

Harley Quinn 36 $2.50 DC 14,860

Harley Quinn 37 $2.50 DC 14,586

Harley Quinn 38 $2.50 DC 14,280

Which is shocking compared to the fenomenon that Harley Quinn it is today, and how much Harley Quinn solo sells today

Great joke

I love this book. Lieberman arc is what I want from a Harley book.

Fuck Palmiotti.

Pretty sure he did. The last writers established that she couldn't pay attention in class so she blackmailed her way into the internship.

>87475662
You don't know what you've got until you lose it, man. See

I meant for

Yeah, it seems weird to me since Lieberman never mentioned Harley past, except Arkham stuff

That's sad. I'm not sure if the book would have done better or worse if Lieberman had been the one to start the book.

I like the first arc and the insane post-Gotham arc, but they're definitely a different flavor than the much darker Harley's return to Gotham arc. The first arc being girly sort of girly and about love could have scared off traditional comic readers, and the weirdness of stuff like Harley going to Hell might have scared off others.

Well this is pretty deep

>

I have no idea how I quoted rather than

Yeah, that coulda have been the case. The tonal change from Kesel Harley to Lieberman Harley is drastic, I could totally understand if that scared readers, but if you look it at through a meta sense ( I guess) it kind of makes snese for a change like that, like Harley stopped being about jokes and girly stuff when he cameback from Hell and realize it that the world isn't about games anymore.. I dunno, but Harley herself isn't bad written here.

I guess now I kinda understand why DC is so adamnant of keeping Palmiotti on the book, maybe they are afraid that a change of writers could affect the sales of the book like in this case

Stuff like this is why I really enjoyed this book, and wish we could have gotten another Harley book like it. You've got aspects of a secret identity, using her psych training to solve mysteries and manipulate people, and then her being a theif at night. Plus you've got aspects like her running from her past, both as Harleen and Harley, which is really different from other characters in superhero comics. She's not trying to make amends for what she's done- she's just hiding from it.

This is the kind of stuff that makes Harley a good character, not nu-Harley's sex jokes and "don't need no man" attitude.

Good say, man. All of that it what made Harley interesting, plus the supporting cast isn't that bad either. You had a Harley that wasn't afraid to do anything, she wasn't CHRUAZY like today Harley is but rather a a character that just do things just becausebeing be for money or fun but never going into that CUHRAZY territory. She had her job and her Harley persona, which it came to a point during the "Behind Blue Eyes" arc which set perfectly the constrast betweeen Harleen and Harley psyche

The Batman has a tv show in Gotham. I wonder if it is animated or a reenactment show?

I've seen the theory postulated that the first arc in Gotham actually happens , then the second arc is Harley mentally coping with the things she did in the first arc, and the third arc is her return to reality.

Which kind of makes sense, since before she leaves Gotham things are pretty grounded and she uses Harleyvision to cope with the violence and pain she causes, then the book immediately gets weird when she leaves for Metropolis, and then when she comes back everything is dark until the ending where she has two or three different levels of hallucinations during s mental breakdown.

It does kind of tie into the running themes of the book as a whole, and considering the whole book sews the seeds for questioning what is reality and what isn't, it's not a huge stretch.

I guess it kind of makes sense, since in one issue of Kesel Metropolis run it had like 3 artists in it and one could see it as Harley maskerating reality and trying to cope with it (I guess it was the Phil Noto pencilled issue), also the last Kesel story seems weird with the Joker since he's all washed up and wasted that seems like something fishy is going on, like it doesn't make sense

I agree the whole book makes kind of sense of you took it as a whole and read Lieberman as a continuation of Kesel from Harley broken POV

>samurai jack on the TV