YOU'LL FLOAT TOO

How many of you have seen this? -/10?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5_ZkReJmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.

The movie itself seems to capture that 80s feeling we've seen in Stranger Things and other important work. Do your part and see it in theaters. Be a part of history.

I literally got home from seeing this movie just now. Was wondering how they'd handle the gang-bang scene with Beverly Marsh but... (SPOILER?) ... the slide before the end credits reads that this is "IT Chapter #1"

Anyone know if they're already into production of Chapter #2? Still waiting to see how they handle the gang-bang scene.

Half the fuckers in my cinema were high on something and nearly pissed themselves every 10 minutes.

It's one of the best movies I've saw in recent years
I just love the chemistry between the cast

is the one from the 90s good? should i see it bros?

I thought it was bad.
Overuse of cgi
the cast had bad interaction
their dialogue felt forced and written by a "hello fellow kids snapchat"

So you're saying they don't even get down into the sewers and fight IT as kids in this one ?

Because right after that is when the gangbang scene occurs in the book.

>Anyone know if they're already into production of Chapter #2?

maybe preproduction, but they still need to recast the kids as adults.

>So you're saying they don't even get down into the sewers and fight IT as kids in this one ?

Yes they do

>Because right after that is when the gangbang scene occurs in the book.

It's been more than 20 years since I read the novel. Doesn't it occur later when they're adults and all grown up?

>It's been more than 20 years since I read the novel. Doesn't it occur later when they're adults and all grown up?

Nope, that's the controversy, they are underage kids doing a gangbang on Beverly Marsh, also it's her idea.

Bro, use some logic, if the fucking happened with the characters as adults then there wouldn't be much a controversy around it.

>the slide before the end credits reads that this is "IT Chapter #1"
but do they actually finish the story and the kids beat IT?
I watched the 2 parter as a kid, I already know the ending

They do. There's a pact made afterwards to gather together in 27? years if IT returns. Then they show the "IT Chapter #1" slide before the end credits roll.

Best horror movie of the decade hands down, solid 8/10. They'll fuck up the sequel though, the kids are the best part of the movie

Reminder there was not an orgy in the novel.

I don't even think that counts as a gang bang. They each have sex with her one at a time.

1000/10. A few things felt off and I wish Mike was handled different but pennywise was PERFECT and that's why I went to the movie

High 7, possibly 8. It's the best horror movie I've seen in quite a while. Surprisingly funny, too. It's like Hollywood is remembering the difference between irrelevant quips and organic humor.

If you see this one, all you're missing from the 90s one is Tim Curry as Pennywise. He did a great job for what they were going for. Skarsgard is playing a far different version, one that's more in the tone of the book, in my opinion.

>bullying the black kid not because race, but because homeschooling

Still a gangbang but more specifically running a train.

It was because of his race, they just didn't call him nigger because it wasn't the 50s anymore

>racism is over guys

I don't know how much more obvious it could have been that Bowers was racially motivated to hate him

Solid 8/10, only wish Ben and Mike were more fleshed out, especially since it can be argued that Ben is the main character of the adult portion.
I would say Finn Wolfhard and Bill Skarsgard come out of this movie looking the best.

Was fucking great. Saw it in a packed theatre and everybody loved it.

Finn, Ben and Bev were the best beside Pennywise
I just want them to add more personal scenes for Richie

>the cast had bad interaction
Probably the strongest aspect of the whole movie actually.

The only creepy scene for me is the one where Henry in the sewer with the corpse approaching him from the dark

Someone have the pennywise down with the sickness video?

What's the horror style? Is it scary, creepy, disturbing, etc.?

Stop with the fucking copy pasta shill. I'm half tempted to drop my current opinion of the movie and just blast each thread with a negative copy pasta of my own just to offset you.

Just got back from seeing it, fucking great movie, some really innovative scenes and excellent production quality overall. FUCK.

equal parts of each IMO

I thought it was a good film, not perfect but very good and well worth the watch.
It's not a typical horror movie, so people unfamiliar with the mini series or the book might be disapointed, cause the movie spends large amount of time establishing the Losers' Club and their interactions. The creepy horror stuff comes in short bursts sandwiched between the Losers' club being adorable losers.

So high 7, maybe 8/10, would recommend.

That blood brother scene was the replacement of the gang bang.

Bit of everything really, some of the horror is fairly funny even. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to horror movies so that's not what I was really there for. I just enjoyed it for the adventure/friendship of the kids teaming up, but if you're fairly sensitive to horror movies you'll probably be frightened.

is it fap worthy? i need moar loli literature.

I think they had both the "orgy" and a blood oath in the book?
But yeah, i see no problem with cutting the orgy bit out, in the end it actually does very little to the story and characters.

I saw it. It was pretty shit. Didn't jump once. Way too much boo hoo backstory for the kids and no backstory on the monster, Pennywise, which was the most interesting.

It reminds me of Mike Stoklasa's assessment that a lot of modern horror movies are like carnival rides that take you from scene to scene with no story to carry it through.

The kids were fun and had chemistry. That teenage girl is going to be spammed on Sup Forums for the next year and in 3-4 years she's going to be a household star. Total cutie.

Man everyone is saying its pretty good I dont think Ill be able to wait until they release the torrent

They wait 5 years when actress who plays Beverly is 20 years old and then they film the gangbang scene mixed as a flashback during Part Two
Would this work?

>Didn't jump once.
The Library scene wasn't scary?

>headless scarecrow chasing Ben
What made me jump was when it all went quiet and It shouted "HEY EGG HEAD" and suddenly Ben turns around and it's It chasing him.

and are copypasta, don't respond. They fight Pennywise in the sewer and defeat him. Part 2 will pick up with them returning to finish him off as adults.

You're going to laugh your ass off, fucking pussy

Kid who plays Ben said in an interview he wants Chris Pratt to play his adult self (since in the book it says Ben loses lots of weight).

Would this be goat casting?

Beverly actress said she wants Amy Adams as her adult self.

>racist Bully wearing an Anthrax shirt
Why not Skrewdriver? Skrewdriver began in 1977 as a punk band before turning to white power in the early 80's and I've been wanting to see them referenced in a movie (mainly because I absolutely love the guitar riffs and guitar solos)

Getting big name stars to play the kids as adults would be expensive as fuck.

>Getting big name stars to play the kids as adults would be expensive as fuck.
This movie is likely to earn over $500 million just by Stranger Things actor along with all the praise it's been getting

It will also be terrible. It should be all unknowns playing the adults, except maybe Stanley because he just kills himself at the open anyway

Sure, but you're forgetting that everyone pretty much universally loves the first part when the main cast are kids, the second half has never had the same charm.
Secondly, even if there is a chance of part II making huge profit, the studio might still be wary to cast several big name stars.

I'm not saying it can't happen, just saying that it's unlikely.

How is the spider/drider in the movie?

It's not, the spider was in part II in the miniseries, unless i remember all wrong.

They don't need A-list actors for a movie like this.

>the spider was in part II in the miniseries
Haven't seen the miniseries because I am afraid it shits all over the book but I am also sure when they are adults, they have to fight a giant eyeball

Only appears very briefly

I never said they did

The movie ends when the kids first defeat IT In the sewers

Yes and no. Yes, because it could have more atrention from the public, and, they can give a better performance (which is what matters); no, because, judging by the story, it can become the new Star Wars prequels, but they would call it "The new It sequel" or something. Make your bets

They're not going to get a bunch of fucking alisters to play a bunch of fucking nerds

OK faggots he comes the most important part of the thread :

Torrent when/where?

7/10

Well, they did it with Star Wars...

>Am I not real enough for you Billy? It was REAL enough for Georgie!

Skarsgard>Curry without a doubt

Actually she said Jessica Chastain, pleb

Both were good, different takes on the same character.

I've beat off to it a few times.

Both were crap

Going to see tonight, will let you all know my expert opinion this evening.

Where are the shitty cam rips?

I was gonna watch it in cinema with my weeks food money but they have no singel policy

bueno

Ebert, is that you? I thought you were dead!...

Lol.

>Michael Jackson's hair!
>New Kids on the Block!
>The Cure!

Holy fuck am I sick of DUDE 80's LMAO. The entire point of the original novel is that the childhood part takes places in the buttoned down, repressed, Norman Rockwell 50's suburbia where the adults pretend everything is perfect and happy but there's this seedy underbelly of darkness and murder.

>Actually she said Jessica Chastain, pleb
I've seen 2 interviews and she CLEARLY says Amy Adams. Take an interest
youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5_ZkReJmE

>when you nutted by she's still floatin

>should i see it bros?

3 hours of appalling acting, horribly butchered and slow storyline, shitty camerawork and visuals
so no

>tfw my cinema all of a sudden has made the ticket sales much cheaper
Is this because less and less go to the movies?

Either way I am very pleased

>35 million budget
>Wants Chris Pratt

Not going to happen.

>shooting an 8 year old in the head and then watch him transform and vomit black stuff
Very well done. Still didn't actually feel like it went full R Rated all the way through but it sure had some disturbing scenes

Fuck you this looked great

I love how his jaw popped out, reminds me of the deacon xenomorph

It didn't scare me though it made me laugh a few times.

I really dig Pennywise's look, it's not scary or anything. He just looks like a badass.

Fuck, actors are really overpaid

where is this pasta from?

I liked when he transformed back into the clown in one scene and he brushes himself off randomly

>Fuck, actors are really overpaid
Every main actor of GoT gets paid over a million for each episode... and people complain why some of the sets and CGI look cheap

The scene where he landed a fucking spiderman pose was great.

Jennifer Lawrence and Johnny Depp are the worst offenders. Lawrence complains about the pay gap and doing capeshit roles while being the most payed actor of a cast and Depp still demands huge sums despite not being a big name anymore.

>didn't jump once

Is that a bad thing when you seem to be saying that most horror movies these days are just "carnival rides"? It seems like jump scares are integral to the carnival ride formula. That was one of the reasons I actually liked this one, it was just an entertaining adventure. The only time I was even remotely caught by surprise by something on screen was when Beverly hit her dad in the head and then Pennywise suddenly appeared behind her. And that was because every other scene I can think of had obvious buildup that didn't waste time. It seemed like there was always loud music playing and it was obvious when the "jump" would happen, which ended up making it not a cheap scare.

Really the whole thing reminds me of Muschietti's other movie Mama. That movie was barely a horror movie, it felt more like a fairy tale. This movie felt like an adventure with monsters and the power of friendship™. Main thing I didn't like was lack of character development for Homeschool kid and the jewish kid. I think everyone else had more establishment.

7/10
For what it was trying to do, make the horror much more garish, it was overdone and repetitive at times, and other times just gratuitous.
It lost the creep factor, which requires some subtlety, and the fear factor in parts because it repeated the same tropes over and over.
Leper for the 10th time, okay
Gaping maw for the 15th time, gee whiz
Jump scare with clown again, okay

That being said the actors were fine and the remake itself was pretty good. I'm probably suffering from nostalgia goggles because I saw the first one when I was a pre-teen and it freaked me out a lot.

REMEMBER THAT IT IS FEMALE AND I'LL GLADLY FUCK HER

it's a 90s tv movie trying to be scary and mostly failing unless clowns really rile you up, it's really not that good

B-but muh 80s revival

This. The actors in this version are so much better.

Do they show Georgie's arm being ripped off or does it just cut to his funeral?

Saw it last night. Legit so much better than the original. The scene with Pennywise in the fridge was fucking crazy.

Also, book nerds, how the fuck does a child orgy fit into this?

There was never an orgy. Don't listen to Sup Forums memesters.

in the book, after they beat It or think they do, they try go back but get lost and distressed in the sewers
Bev decides to fuck all the boys in order for all of them to calm down and somehow, manage to follow the path outside of the damn place. That's pretty much it.

The whole thing is honestly kinda fucked up and you have to remember that King was drowning up to the eyebrows in coke during the years he wrote that particular book and some other stories