They go off on you to get your wussy ass used to being stressed all the time

>not loving to be constantly under word artillery fire
what are you, a fag?

No.

This guy gets it.

>MAYBE YOU SHOULD COME OVER AND FUCK MY WIFE PRIVATE SNOWBALL
Seems to me like Kubrick had some repressed kinks

ESKIMO PUSSY IS MIGHTY COLD

If i refuse to curse how would I do in the military against him?

r lee emerys word assuault is comfy

R lee ermey improvised it all...

You'd either learn to start cursing or wash out in less than a week

They'd kick me out for my freedom of speech? In a draft?

You just know the whole barracks had a go at his wife and sister

>rights
>in the military
Heh

So they kick me out to give me my rights back hmm

>Did your parents have any children that lived?
>sir yes sir
>I'LL BET THEY REGRET THAT

Gunny had a snappy comeback for everything.

I literally did not join because I'm overly sensitive. I'm peak male specimen though so it's their loss

They don't need sissies in the army, they need people who do as they're told

>Pyle you climb like old people fuck!
>move it! move it! move it!
>*pyle is scared and won't get over the obstacle when on top of it*
>GET OFF MY OBSTACLE! GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

explain the ptsd thing then

If you are overly sensitive you are not a peak male specimen.

If you can't handle people's mean words how the hell do you think you would handle people trying to kill you?

Having an above-average physique is far less important than being able to actually function in the places you're dumped in.

>WELL HERES SOMETHING YOU WONT LIKE, THEY DONT SERVE FRIED CHICKEN AND WATERMELLON IN MY MESS HALL

BASED

>If God would have wanted you up there he would have miracled your ass up there by now, wouldn't he?
>sir yes sir
>GET YOUR FAT ASS UP THERE PRIVATE PYLE

So what you're saying is you're not peak physique

The answer would be "no excuse sir".

that's a harmful gender stereotype user

Maybe I can function fine I just dont want to be ragged on by some boomer faggot. I would hit them irl.

Those are people who did what they were told, notice the "post" in PTSD.

You don't live to experience ptsd if you don't do what needs to be done.

Anyone here /Marine/ or know one? I'm curious if bootcamp is still that intense or if they sanitized it for modern-day snowflakes.

>people who wake up screaming every night because they watched their best friend get blown to bits are sissies
You're an asshole

>I can function fine
>I would hit them
You do understand that he "rags on you" to prepare you for the far worse shit you're going to experience in actual war, right?
You wouldn't be able to handle the constant stress on a battlefield if you can't handle a guy yelling at you.

Characters that women and numales will never understand

it just doesn't seem like a good method of acclimation to me.

im not trying to be rude but maybe they have problems dealing with stress because they got so hardened they crack

>it just doesn't seem like a good method
But it is, that's why they do it.

i fucking hate Sup Forums

>it just doesn't seem like a good method of acclimation to me.

If you can't deal with getting yelled at you sure as hell won't be able to handle getting shot at.

t. Neverserved

those are two different types of stress.

US army is known for using cutting edge methodology

youtube.com/watch?v=mGAwNV7WBIQ

He actually says sister

Me too user. I, being alpha, give the commands not take them. Not really sensitive but my blood boils when I am ordered what to do. Imagine a hunting party where the lesser hunters are undermining the alphas commands. No one would be eating steak that night

And he says it to Joker, not Snowball.

Imagine fighting gorilla warfare with asymmetrical tactics like whoa wtf am I britfag now

he was making a cuck/bbc joke

>I'm peak male specimen

OK, Mr. Anonymous Sup Forums Poster

FMJ, Platoon or Apocalypse now?

Lol. You think being mouthy makes you alpha? Can't wait for a quiet guy to beat the shit out of you.

Why not all of them? It's not like you have anything better to waste your worthless time with

I am not into war movies so I only want to watch the best one

>I am not into war movies

Faggot

>tfw want to join the chair force in a technical support role but not going to cause of basic

This type of person always works in some warehouse job. Nice ego Mr box chucker

FMJ falls apart after they leave boot camp

noo the volunteer army needs you. military is a joke anyways. of all my friends who joined the only ones who didn't regret it and have careers are navy.

Why navy?

That's just how it worked out. I don't know anyone who did AF.

Unlimited supply of boipucci.

Meh, I joined the army and did 8 years active and now serve in the guard, definitely got a lot out of it including 2 degrees, 2 pensions and a great civilian career but the uniformed service can only help so much. A loser civilian will make a loser soldier. To be fair to the army, a lot of retards who would be washing dishes in the real world get paid pretty well for what they do in the army, but we don't really keep dummies who can't crack e4 after 6 years. You get what you put in, it's just that the stereotype for the army is that it's the "last resort" for losers who want a big green daddy to make all their life choices for them, so it's no wonder this type of person comes into the army and comes out saying "man that sucked, all I got was a 6 year contract and tons of work." Basically if you can't advance your life with 6 years of good, steady pay and the resources you get from the army, you are doomed to fail everywhere.

>afraid of 8-week bootcamp
>literally the easiest training of all branches

Dude. All you have to do to graduate is 1.5 miles in 12 minutes, 33 push ups, and 42 sit ups.

>gorilla warfare

t. mad betas

Really Kubrick?

Army actually has some cool intel jobs that can serve you well in the civilian world. Just don't go infantry.

They literally allow trannies in the army now, or not since Trump wants to shut that shit down

you make a good point. My closest friend who is ex-military and army is doing pretty well now. The way he talks about Afghanistan it seems like he waited around a lot.

>1.5 miles in 12 minutes, 33 push ups, and 42 sit ups.

You talk like that's easy. I could maybe do the sit-ups part but the running seems a far fetch.

That makes perfect sense. I don't know why I never considered that.

>you get yelled at to do what you're told

'Member the second half of the movie where they all get BTFO by 1 single female sniper because all they could do was what they were told?

>problems dealing with stress because they got so hardened they crack
I've not had PTSD but after years of terrible things happening to me, constantly and then having a mass amount of terrible things happen to me at once I cracked and never came back from it.

We are fragile human beings, inside and out, there is only so much one can take, but the threshold is different for everyone.

>The way he talks about Afghanistan it seems like he waited around a lot.

These days, special operations groups do most of the real fighting. Joining standard infantry is a waste of time unless we happen to be involved in a real war (2003-2011)

That's a 9 minute mile user. What are you, 300 lbs?

>blowing up illiterate 5'2" sheep farmers with million dollar equipment is a real war

You can run double of that in 15 mins if you are moderately fit in high school

And with 1.5 miles, you don't really have to worry about saving your energy. Just sprint the whole time like a fucking lunatic. Marines have to run 3 goddamn miles.

Wait, 8 minute mile. That's why I'm Army I suppose. Still, that really is a pretty moderate run. Just work on it.

4 minute mile is considered Olympic material. 8 minutes is only 4 minutes more than Olympic speed.

what did he mean by this?
rogerebert.com/reviews/full-metal-jacket-1987

What movie?

That's a big difference! Have you ever actually tried running before, or have you just decided it's impossible? Because with that attitude you'll never make it anyway.

Army Dog

But joker later explains that the army doesnt want robots, it wants Killers, thats why th sgt. Promoted him when he stood his ground.

Idk if is a good or bad portrayal but it is only a movie.

An 8 minute mile is fucking jogging pace you fat faggot

You know what I mean, faggot. I'm talking about Army Special Forces having an isolated skirmish with high-value Taliban targets, versus a full on fucking invasion of Fallujah or some shit.

We get it. You don't like our military spending and involvement overseas. RELAX

The difference between a 4 and 8 minute mile is VAST. I ran cross-country in high school. That's a 3-mile race. I ran a 6min mile, which was considered average. The guys winning the 3-mile race were doing it in 15mins flat. None of them ever EVER got close to a 4 minute mile.

I'm completely out of shape and can run a 9-minute mile if I push hard. Best I ever did in high school was like 8 minutes.

That wasn't me. I'm much more tolerant of military as I've grown older.

someone please post the relevant pasta

Did they like it because they were successful or did they like it for some other reason first?

>marines
>draft

Not him, but it really depends what job you pick and having some kind of idea what you'd like to accomplish in the military. Going in with a "whatever" attitude will probably have you leaving with a bad taste in your mouth.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Who is this?

>OMG ME AN MY FRIEND JOINED THE ARMY TO GET FREE COLLEGE AND HE GOT BLOWED UP NOW FIREWORKS MAKE ME WANT 2 KILL MYSELF :((((

military cuck drama queens are the biggest sissies around.

>tfw nearly everyone, including many mil buddies are such plebs that they think the boot camp portion is the only part worth watching.
absolutely revolting

post the rest

>milicucks will defend this

i fucking love Sup Forums

FMJ is the ultimate pleb filter