Admit it, you're a little worried

Admit it, you're a little worried.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GOWJR1yW05o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That she'll live?

I'm pretty sure bullets travel faster than a person can turn their head

That bullet would hit the wall far before she would have hit it. Apparently she's swinging as fast as a bullet.

Also yeah I'm extremely worried this will be garbage like the rest of the DCEU movies and I really hope it's not.

Gal looks like a potato. They should have given this to Kathryhn Bigelow, she knows how to direct action, and give it impact.

>Admit it, you're a little worried.

No, I'm confident it will be terrible.

>Apparently she's swinging as fast as a bullet.

And of all the fake bullshit in these movies, this is the part you take exception with

Here comes this argument again for the billionth time

So is she the only one who can Max Payne bullet time the world? Otherwise, the swinging amazon would just have fired an arrow at the bullet to deflect it and she wouldn't have been shot. So either the trailer is showing plot holes(just like After Earth did) or she's a super duper mary sue amazon.

Can bullets even penetrate Amazonian skin? Or WW an exception compared to all of them? Hell, is WW even bulletproof in this movie?

She wouldn't block bullets with her wrist shit if she was bullet proof senpai

>No, I'm confident it will be terrible.

This post deserves a gold star, well done.

Of course I'm a little worried. There are so many factors into this that make me more than a little worried. The whole thing is based off a story written by Zack Snyder, for one thing. The movie has changed writers a bunch of times, at one point being written by the dude who wrote Pan. WB is being WB again and possibly re-editing the movie so that it's a series of flashbacks for some reason. Gal Gadot's acting looks incredibly wooden and her accent is terrible. On top of all that, it's a DCEU movie. The CGI and some of the shots look really bad.

I'm hoping that in spite of all of that, it turns out alright, as the first good DCEU movie. I believe in Patty Jenkins' directing ability, unlike Snyder's. And some of the cinematography looks visually stunning, which is odd, because some of it looks really cheap and shitty, too.

I'm really hoping that I end up surprised.

Actually one of Wonder Woman's lesser know abilities is her power to pivot her head at 2,700 feet per second

That's true. I haven't seen BvS so I didn't know if she was invunerable or not against Doomsday.

This sums up how I want to feel. I go into every movie hoping that my skepticism is bullshit and I often walk away somewhat pleased but goddamn, this series is just sucking so hard.

She should tie the lasso of truth to her hair and make it a flail.

>This sums up how I want to feel. I go into every movie hoping that my skepticism is bullshit and I often walk away somewhat pleased but goddamn, this series is just sucking so hard.
It's probably the one example of anything I can think of, where they get some details right, but overall, miss the point of whatever they're adapting - where some bits of a particular movie will be good, but the movie overall kinda sucks. And the only thing I can think of where something that is so obviously terrible gets so many defenders who insist that it's better than the (much superior) competition, or in BvS' case, the only movie I can think of that's really fucking stupid and bad, yet somehow all its defenders act like it's some great underappreciated masterpiece and a true work of art the likes of which cinema hasn't seen since the French New Wave or something.

It's such an utterly bizarre, baffling situation on every front.

>instead of swinging in like a person who actually adheres to the laws of physics to some degree, the amazon holds a perfect pose at an unnatural angle wholly unaffected by gravity as she seamlessly rotates downward in a manner shat shouldn't be physically possible due to where she jumped from and where the anchor line attached to the cliff face

I am worried, yes. Just a little.

>where some bits of a particular movie will be good, but the movie overall kinda sucks
Like Twilight. This is exactly what Twilight was.

>The whole thing is based off a story written by Zack Snyder, for one thing.
>story
>Snyder
Hahahaha, serves me right for having any hope at all.

I don't even care anymore dbh pham
I'll see it probably and I just won't care either way
What happened to me

I never saw any of the Twilight movies, so I always feel a little guilty whenever I just talk about how much Twilight sucked but then I'm also entirely confident that those movies were really bad. The books, too.

She was.

Just don't think about it.

Pretty sure Doomsday hits harder than a WW2 era rifle, even accounting for the reduced impact surface area.

As someone who read the books and watched the movies(I gave them an earnest chance), they were basically 95% shit. The only good parts were the fight in the end(which they fucked by making a dream sequence) and all of the parts that happened a hundred years before Bella was ever born. That's it, two flashbacks and a dream were all that didn't suck.

>Admit it, you're a little worried.

Not really, since I doubt I'll even see it. I love Wonder Woman, but this movie looks like a train wreck.

Why would I be worried that an abortion isn't breathing?

At this point it's more likely that they'll finally stop making superhero movies than make a good superhero movie, and you fucking know this shit isn't ending in this decade.

I read one of the books so I could have proper justification of making fun of them. The average Sup Forums post is more well-thought out. I don't even have words for how bad Twilight was.

I'm entirely comfortable with taking your word for it, user. I don't want to waste a bunch of my hours reading/watching something that I know I probably won't enjoy.

That's the power of the brand, baby. If this was an original IP, people would call out these movies for the shit they are.

You're totally right. I'd feel the same, but I waste a lot of my time already.

Dude, what really bugs me is how a lot of DCEU fans don't even like or read superhero comics. That shit bugs the hell out of me. That they actually genuinely love these versions of all these characters that all the movies so far have kind of shat on up to this point. It's baffling and disturbing, as a big fan of DC.

Fine fine. But I'm gonna think about you instead.

Normies user, no matter how much they pretend they're into "geek culture" and all that shit the vast majority of them will never read a single comic in their life.

Not really because if fucking Doctor Strange got good reviews because it looked pretty despite the weak script then I'm going to side eye certain reviews if this gets poor reviews.

>Gal looks like a potato.
a hot potato

>A superhero film getting bad reviews in 2016
Oh user, you sweet naive child

>wooooaaah epic sloooow mooooo

Can this asshole stop recreating 300 over and over again for fuck's sake

He probably isn't even directing this but his style just HAS to be everywhere in the DCEU

I know tons of people IRL who do just that.

It actively annoys me that there are people out there who ride Snyder's dick so much but when you bring up the subject of the actual comics to them, they're just like, "I don't read comic books." Or, "I don't read superhero comics." These people have such little respect for the source material that it's ridiculous. They probably look at every change Snyder has made and talk about how "genius" it is or how things as they are in the comics would "never" work in a real, actual movie.

Zac is a slowmosexual.

>what is Batman v Superman

>He probably isn't even directing this but his style just HAS to be everywhere in the DCEU
God, I hate this shit so much. That's what immediately struck me when they first showed footage of this movie. I think it's going to be hilarious as fuck if, after so many DCEUfags have said that every movie is going to have its own distinct style through its director, most DCEU movies just end up aping Snyder's style. How hypocritically stupid they'll look then.

But I do hope that they move away from this after this movie and I do hope that every movie does look different visually. I don't want an Aquaman movie that tries its hardest to be a Snyder film. Thankfully, Suicide Squad did its own thing, even though it wasn't that good.

>what is Batman v Superman
A miserable pile of secretions.

Well, what I find funny here are the people who try to argue these movies are straight out of the comics and then when you try to argue otherwise and you prove them wrong they resort to referring to you as a "not muh" fag. It's really quite humorous the amount of reaching they try to pull to defend these movies.

The issue is that movies are extremely easily accessible and seen as a social event more than anything else to the average person, people don't go to the theatre to watch a film they really want to see, they go to hang out with friends, so of course the movie with the most commercials and biggest poster gets the most attention (hence why going to the theatre alone is so frowned upon).

Meanwhile comics require investment of time, money, and since they can only really be enjoyed alone they're something you have to be genuinely interested in to check out because you're not just doing it to kill time with your pals.

How the fuck was she able to stay in that position while swinging like that with the rope?

Like wtf

Also, the CGI is Fant4stic-trailer tier. Hope it get's better

the point of that story isnt who pumps the tires though you fucking retard

wow... I havent seen sucha cringeworthy trailer in a very loooooong time.

Why would I be worried? I'm positive this movie will be complete garbage. They hired someone who can't act to play their flagship female hero. They have no fucking clue what they're doing.

Reminder that Wonder Woman is killing good German men fighting for the innocent German Empire.

You shouldn't be cheering as she effortlessly puts an arrow in a German's neck and causes them to choke on their own blood.

He did bankroll development.

Without the Snyders there would be no DCEU; if he'd chosen to walk away with his $68m in 2013, WB would just have made something else instead, unless someone else came in with a proposal and paid to develop it.

>but WB is a major studio

yeah, learn how those actually work, bucko

If it were a marvel movie, you'd have zero problems with it

immaterial

the batmobile's tires are pumped by Superman and Batman, Morrison is wrong and the foundation of his argument - if you want to accept it as an actual argument and not just weak sophistry - is so flawed that it has no real basis

ok i loved her in bvs but now i see why people say she cant act whats that fucking facial expression
did she use magic to become a better actor for bvs and it all ran out.

>someone criticizes a DC film
>yeah but MARVEL

Like clockwork

Don't worry, I'm certain they'll make all the German's basically Nazi-tier bad guys because grey vs. grey moralities are scary for film makers.

I hate that shit so fucking much, man.

Okay, like correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it a general rule that Batman NEVER fucking kills in pretty much almost every version of the character? And then after BvS came out, so many people came out of the wood works to say, "NUH-UH! YOU GUYS DON'T GET IT, SEE! BATMAN KILLS ALL THE FUCKING TIME! ALL. THE. FUCKING. TIME! DON'T YOU GET SNYDER'S GENIUS!?"

They do this with Superman too. "Yeah, hey, I know most Superman stories have been optimistic and fun, with a real sense of wonder to amaze you in crazy ways and all that, but here's this ONE story that was super depressing and had Superman take on real world threats. Don't you get it? You just had your own idea of what Superman was like."

What really gets me is when these people say, "Read a comic sometime." It's like, really?

Yeah, I know man. Being a "fan" these days is all a commodity, just something that people use to gain respect in certain social circles and to gain fans. People absorb whatever's popular just to be cool these days. It's really frustrating as someone who's been there for awhile, been a huge fan of comics and whatnot. It's genuinely rare to meet anyone who's into the same shit as me and that makes things lonely sometimes.

>better actor for BvS

What acting? She didn't have a character in BvS so you couldn't notice her acting because there was none. She was a walking commercial for her solo movie.

this is pretty much my thoughts
i would say im not so much causisly optimistic as hopefully pesimistic

>>but WB is a major studio
>yeah, learn how those actually work, bucko
Wow you sure told me about something I didn't say and didn't care to discuss.

Nah, it actually looks better than I had hoped.

>a little worried
Nigga, the moment they cast Gadot, I knew it'd be shit. She was the worst part of a fucking Fast & Furious movie. Think about that.

The whole on-set rewrites thing and who were actually credited with the script and the fact that it still falls under Snyder's watch were just icing on the cake.

The thing that really rubs my ass raw is I'm probably one of the few anons that actually reads and loves the Wonder Woman character.

Oh well. At least the comics are good again.

>CGI out the whazoo

Literally why?

>I believe in Patty Jenkins' directing ability, unlike Snyder's.
And I believed in Ayer's directing ability.

And then Suicide Squad came out.

>She wouldn't block bullets with her wrist shit if she was bullet proof senpai
>Pretty sure Doomsday hits harder than a WW2 era rifle, even accounting for the reduced impact surface area.
Yep. Unless she was somehow weaker in WW1, she should be able to deflect artillery shells with her nose. We are talking about her going toe to toe with someone who has Cryptonian strength, nothing in WW1 should have even bothered her.

>they cast the worst actor in the Fast & Furious franchise

Holy shit, that really says it all

i really loved her in the plane scene

Different guy here. I can see the difference.

It's a tad easier to ignore the defying laws of physics for badassery if we're expecting quality in other aspects.

I.E. In Avengers do we really expect Hawkeye to be so useful against alien power-armor as it was shown he was? Where bullets were not nearly as effective? (Fairly certain he wasn't using HE warheads the entire time). No, and we can all agree it's bullshit. BUT we can GLOSS over it because a lot of the stuff surrounding it is enjoyable.

So far, though, Wonder Woman hasn't given us anything enjoyable to allow us to give stuff like super-rope-swinging a pass. With nothing GOOD to distract us we will nitpick this thing down to the bones. Because that's all there is to nitpick. Shitty bones.

>Reminder that Wonder Woman is killing good German men fighting for the innocent German Empire.
Especially since these men can't hurt her. It just is very hard to justify her murdering people who are no threat to her person, that isn't self defence at all.

>Letting bullets hit you and ricochet off you wildly
>Not deflecting them skillfully and with purpose

I hate Sup Forums so much

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHHA

HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DC, YOU HAVE OUTDONE YOURSELVES

Why is the colour grading in DC films so awful looking?

the problems there were editorial and you know it.

lthough having deadshot take his mask off all the god dam time was likely from the director as i doubt it came from higher up and if the director was not ok with it it would have stoped at the writers room.

Because it's GRITTY and R E A L I S T I C to make everything look like shit

>Nigga, the moment they cast Gadot, I knew it'd be shit. She was the worst part of a fucking Fast & Furious movie. Think about that.
I STILL don't get this casting decision. Who the fuck watched those movies and thought, "This woman needs to be Wonder Woman?" She was utterly forgettable. On top of being a shitty actress, she has no star power. She has no charisma. Audiences don't care about Gal Gadot at all. When I told people IRL who they'd cast as WW, most people had no idea who the fuck I was talking about. That's how bad this shit is.

>The thing that really rubs my ass raw is I'm probably one of the few anons that actually reads and loves the Wonder Woman character.
I'm right there with you. I'm one of the few people I know IRL who loves the character. I'm cautiously optimistic but it's just so sad that a WW movie had to be like this.

See, that's exactly what I mean. Suicide Squad had every reason to be good and it ended up being mediocre at fucking best, and that's being kind.

Never underestimate WB's ability to screw over their own movies. Although even then, a lot of the writing was pretty questionable, too. Why the fuck did Ayer go with a shitty save the world plot? Fucking WHY?

I do hope the inevitable sequel is that much better.

I think I might've read somewhere she would be discovering how her powers work in the movie or she was indeed somehow weaker in WW1. Or maybe that was just a fan theory or rumor, I can't recall.

back in sensation comics it was one of her favorite games
of course back then she was not bulletproof

This reminds me of Bitch Wonderwoman from the Flashpoint Paradox movie.

Jesus Christ have I never hated Aquaman and Wonder Woman more.

Like, ever.

Plus big ol' issue with the movie there. Wonder Woman was generally nice even before she met other people. As a person I don't think she'd ever condone world-wide genocide...

Also; bullshit that the entirety of earth is decimated in a war between Atlantis and the Amazonians. Human inginuity + the shit DC has access to would've atleast stalemated the assholes. ESPECIALLY since the heroes AND villains of the surface world are working together.

Or she could just dodge.

Honestly it would have made more sense to have her be killing Nazi's but then they would have looked too similar to Captain America. It's almost like they shouldn't have made her a hundred years old.

The best part is I'm certain we were already transitioning away from Brown and Gritty lately. Even Battlefield 1, being the grittiest and dirtiest, is a lot more colorful.

DC - Staying behind the times!

wait do you auctualy want young wonder woman
i say if anything make her 500 years old

True. DC is stuck in 2007 with the brown n' bloom of Gears of War

Which means 10 years from now the DC movies will finally be colorful and no one will have sleeves

Fucking this so much.

They never really needed to go in the "actually thousands of years old" angle in the first place.

>wait do you auctualy want young wonder woman
WW has almost always been about as old as Batman or Superman in most versions. It makes a lot more sense than, "This immortal young woman was comfortable staying on the hidden island of Themyscira for millennia but suddenly wanted to leave because reasons."

Bullshit. The script itself was a mess. From what it sounds like Ayer submitted a first draft and they just said fuck it, lets film it now.

I read something about the script being written in a very short amount of time, can't remember how much though. A few weeks or something

They wrote the script in like 6 weeks. Truly they did not give a single fuck about quality control, they wanted this thing rushed out as fast as humanly possible.

It was still a good movie.

>WW has almost always been about as old as Batman or Superman in most versions. It makes a lot more sense than, "This immortal young woman was comfortable staying on the hidden island of Themyscira for millennia but suddenly wanted to leave because reasons."
And in some ways, I am trying to imagine the poor soldiers she is fighting against. To them, SHE is their own personally Doomsday. An unstoppable monster out to end the world as they know it.

I know I am being unfair. I am judging without seeing. But I have not much faith that Warner wouldn't accidentally make us feel bad for what Wonderwoman is about to do to hundreds of young conscripted men, who didn't want to be there to begin with,

>It was still a good movie.

Did you ever watch it?

She won't live.

She'll bomb.

This movie will literally bomb outside of North America and the anglosphere. I'm talking Al Qaeda levels of bombing. Holy shit. This looks like complete garbage and I thought BvS:DC was a 9/10.

>giving DC money after Man of Murder and Man of Murder versus Batslaughter

Just torrent it.

Marvel is. Extremely worried, even.

That's why I was never comfortable with the WW1 setting and WW killing in the first place.

Fuck Zack Snyder.

I pay $50 for like 400GB because shit country

1.4GB movie

400 / 50 = $0.125 per GB

0.125 x 1.4 = 0.175

18 cents is still too much

This is an advantage to being a little jaded, I'm not impressed easily but nor am I disappointed often. I can usually tell if something is going to suck dick and this movie looks like a major cock sucker. It'll get 60%-70% RT score because of feminism ala Ghost Busters, but make no mistake this isn't going to be any better then it's predecessors.

youtu.be/GOWJR1yW05o

Your loss.