Legends of Tomorrow

So I missed yesterday's talkback as I am just now catching up to these episodes.

It's difficult to take this series seriously though when they make such a big deal out of time travel in the same universe.

Barry Allen can't go back into time and change things because ramifications and consequences

but Nate Heywood gets a case of the yellow fever and all of a sudden it's all hands on deck. Nevermind the fact that the Shogun had taken the suit for himself. Nate was planning on pushing his shit in before he found out that he had it.

Is anyone else having this problem or do they find an easier time of going with the flow, so to speak? I need someone to get angry with.

In Flashback it's mentioned that when speedsters do it they don't exit the universe. And Jay in the episode paradox explained even more that using speed force alone to time travel breaks shit "time boom"/cup. The legends have a timeship and are in the time continuum and based on everything about divergent lines Rip gave in season 1, actual time travel is like hypertime it flows arounds events but the time masters were the ones acting like Booster and clipping the lines and now it's the legends.

They've been fucking with the timeline really hard since season 1.

Time travel is a really complex plot to write, because you have to be careful and hopefully even tricky, to suggest and hide certain plot twists. Now, LoT doesn't do any of this, and it's okay, just don't think too much on it and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies. Also

>don't think too much on it

I'm trying hard, but it gets to me when you have a historian who deliberately decides to fuck with time because he can't get pussy in his own timeline. I'm gonna try though, guys. Thank you.

>shit I made up
How the hell did flashback show that the speed force time travel is bad? And where are you getting this "time continuum" thing from they're in space and the same look as the speed force tunnel.

He's the new Ray. At least he's a time detective and not a barista. I also think that since he's already noticed just based on him even finding the waverider and discovered the legends in the first place he doesn't really care about making minor changes. I mean guy already lived his life in a timeline where the a bomb was originally invented in both 1942 and 1944.

To be fair, I had the exact same issue with the episode. It's too stupid that the historian of all the characters in the timetravelling ship decided to fuck up with a heritage line in ancient Japan.

But, then I saw Rory getting all hyped about fighting ninjas and I forgave it.

Just keep in mind, that the most sane viewership choice with these CW superhero shows, is to watch them for character interactions. It's the only parameter, from plot, acting, costumes, action, excecution, filming, scenarios, to, well, everything else, that really stands out. Every scene Ollie and Barry shared are a gem in there.

Just keep waiting for those gems.

True, true.

The people speaking random japanese in their lines (around the Legends, it made sense when they spoke Japanese and no one was around) wasn't doing the episode any favors either. But you're right. One of the reasons I want to watch everything is to know what's going on for the crossover episodes and I haven't watched episodes 4 and 5 of Arrow just yet, there is an obvious improvement in the fight scenes. I am particularly hyped for invasion week. Rory is God's gift to CW television.

I'm surprised no one has a "I love you guys.. I don't wanna kill you." Or "told you" gif yet.

I think it might be akin to the "universal translator" in Star Trek works perfect unless there are some things that just can't be translated, like cultural idioms or specifically gendered or syntax.

The entire plot of the time wraith was about how Speedsters fuck up time by just plowing through it as opposed to Thawne opening wormholes.. like his entire plan for the entirety of the series.

I mean dude has superpowers, thought he lost them, and was always 3 seconds away from a happy ending. You wouldn't have done the same? Someone also pointed out the timeline he's in is already fucked but no one noticed it until it was pointed out. I mean the JSA and them having toys made of them and members being metahuman show that the timeline is already way different than what it was from even S2 of Arrow.

I dunno what I would have done. Maybe if I was desperate enough or thought I wasn't going to ever have a normal life ever again maybe I would have said "fuck it", but lemme pose the same question to you. You're telling me you're not scared of the possibility that you sticking your dick into some pussy when you go to the past is the catalyst for the end of days in your present?

I know we're just avarage joes but as a historian he should fucking know better. Dude even calls the shogun out knowing what he does but nah. Fuck letting nature take it's course. Gotta save his waifu-in-five-seconds.

....nigga ain't even SMASH at the end, the fuck outta here.

>universal translator

Trust me, I was thinking about that too but I'm sure "hello" and "let's go" were easily translatable. Like I said though, I'm gonna try and let my mind go more while I am watching this show.

Yeah I mean of all the shows right now this one is the one that embraces the fly by pants superhero stuff. It's whatever makes for fun this week; I mean remember they had atom fight a giant robot.

Honestly he seemed to know enough about the period and the history of Japan at the time. Plus he was in his whole "I'm not powered anymore and bleeding to death probably." Phase for a bit during it. I'd consider it no harm done. I mean Mick beat down a group of Ninjas, and he loves ninjas. Also as a history I would definitely understand the importance of being the first white dude to dick a Japanese chick.

>Guys go back in time to the Wild West
>Make no big deal about having two black team members
>Guys go to 1863
>Now race is a problem

honestly, this should have just been an episodic cartoon. They all act very cartoony anyway, time travel suits cartoons better cause you don't have to get new sets everytime you travel, even the sense of humor seems like it would work better animated.

You'd think when you fuck with the timelines, you'd be especially careful not to kill anyone to avoid unnecessary complications.
The fact that they are killing almost everyone standing in their way rubs me the wrong way.

Hyper time as a concept exists in the tvverse. Someone pointed out the a bomb thing as showing how the timeline has already been scruffed up.

Helps they went to the old west in the north after the civil war.

hyper time, is that something explained in the show or is that something we gotta look up user? I'm not sure I follow.

Wtf I hate white people now

>Helps they went to the old west in the north after the civil war.

The most racist place in the south right now is less racist than the north back then
they did the same for the 50's episode, notice how they avoided the word nigger.

They also went to Japan, and no one called the black chick subhuman.

It's a shit show. And they had used the "wrong side of story" against the soviets, in a era where murrika was training death squads in latinamerica and training Osama bin laden.
The people involved in the show doesnt want to think too hard.

>Expecting the slur nigger on a teatime CW show

Now I'm not saying "turn off your brain" but have some fucking common sense.

It's a big elephant in the room any time they travel to the past, at least they talked about it this episode.