Red skull was made to make naxis look more evil

>red skull was made to make naxis look more evil
>is now used as a mascot for actual neonazis
Dont you just love it when a creators IP gets co opted by the exact group they hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

revisionisthistory.com/episodes/10-the-satire-paradox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it make them look retarded and incapable of self reflection? Yeah. Shits pretty cash.

Dont you mean makes them look like fucking genocidal badasses?

I remember when I was 12. good times. good times

>>is now used as a mascot for actual neonazis
It's not like they make themselves seem more politically credible by comparing themselves to a comic book supervillain who routinely gets punched in the face by the champion of the ideals of liberty and democracy, so they can go right ahead.

The same thing happened with the hammerskins from the pink Floyd wall movie. They were a parody of neo nazis and portrayed them as whiney violent thugs. Naturally actual neo nazis picked up the symbol as if to prove that they have zero sence of self awareness.

>they have zero sence of self awareness

Stupid people rarely do.

You mean like niggers or Killary supporters?
I'm being ironic. Please don't derail this into yet another political discussion, co.

it makes them look like dilettantes incapable of independent creative thought and reliant upon the very same jewish media they claim to despise

hitler would have gassed them all

*shitler
I've always preferred Ayn Rand and how her philosiphical bends could apply to killing the jews and LGBTQ+

>I've always preferred Ayn Rand
how could you

>and LGBTQ+
People of Letters, user.

Or PoL, if you will.

There was a good podcast by Malcolm Gladwell saying, essentially, that satire doesn't work. The people the satire is meant to poke fun at just see what they want to see. For example, he talked about how the Colbert Report version of Stephen Colbert was seen by many conservatives as a kind of brother in arms. A pundit who wasn't afraid to call liberals out for being communists.

revisionisthistory.com/episodes/10-the-satire-paradox

It was pretty interesting. I feel like Red Skull can (sort of) fall into this category.

What grade are you going into?

>A thread about nazis
>Not political
Trumptard detected.

>For example, he talked about how the Colbert Report version of Stephen Colbert was seen by many conservatives as a kind of brother in arms
Bruh my brother-in-law is like this. He loved Stephen Colbert and hates Jon Stewart.

Red Skull isn't even satire though. He's a straight up cartoon character showing how bad nazis are.

True. But he still falls into that category of "character you're supposed to root against but your philosophy might lead you to root for him."

It's not a perfect fit, but it's similar.

You must be at least 18 years old to post on this website.

There's also the fact a lot of time they tend to fail on some level.There are always the people who end up liking the villains and disregard any underlying commentary and just take what they like about them.
Like people who love gangster villains and think they're hot shit despite 99% of the time the moral is how empty or destructive their "success" was. There could be a lack of self awareness or maybe they just don't give a fuck.
To be fair Colbert was a much more entertaining show than Daily Show. By the time it was in its peak, Jon was well below his and it only got worse as time went on.

>neo-nazis saying they're comic book villians

Isn't there a good way to make people hate them though

>To be fair Colbert was a much more entertaining show than Daily Show. By the time it was in its peak, Jon was well below his and it only got worse as time went on.
Yeah I know, but that's not why he loved it.

Openly being neo-nazis one of the most vilified groups in the world is a good way to do that. It's not like they're a group trying to have good PR they thrive off of being intimidating douchebags why would they care if people hate them?

About gangster films... what if you didn't mean from the begining to get all that 'success'. What if you was just pushing a lil green at frst and maybe some dope and before you knew it shit just got out of hand? Just curious. . .

Does it really matter? The point is people will still idolize figures their creators meant to not be idolized.
Oh perfect example I overlooked, Rorschach. Moore tried his damnedest to make him an unlikable piece of shit, in every respect. He's ugly, sexless, nasty, poor, and just has an awful life. People still think he's the coolest shit.

Satire isn't usually (and shouldn't really) be aimed at the groups of people or social conventions it pokes fun at. It doesn't point out the folies of systems and beliefs for the people who hold them because the people who hold them are usually far too rooted in their beliefs and systems to ever entertain the possibility that they may be wrong and, therefore, are usually incapable of properly understanding that satire. It's more aimed at people on the outside who can laugh at the joke as it flies over of the people in questions heads.

>What if you was just pushing a lil green at frst and maybe some dope and before you knew it shit just got out of hand?
I'd say that's the plot of Goodfellas, but every time I turn the TV on to see it, I'm near the end when the Helicopters show up.

Damnedest thing.

Goodfellas is actually a great exam ple for the thread. Henry Hill is a piece of shit who ruins his family and life all in pursuit of becoming a big shot mobster, and ends up turning rat and ending up in the suburbs miserable while still being enough of a cunt to directly insult the audience with the last line.

And so many wannabe gangsters idolise him and that movie. I have no idea how anyone with a working brain could watch that film and think it glorifies the mafia lifestyle, but still.

if you want to make a satire you have to make it funny. if you make it realistic, then people will like it.

All this stuff reminds me of that book where Hitler becomes a sci-fi writer, The Iron Dream. It's huge satire on Hitler's political ideas and rise to power, and the American neo-nazis put it on their recommended reading list.

Paul Ryan confirmed for Sup Forumsposter

Nazism isn't political anymore, it's HISTORICAL. It literally ended 71 years ago. Get over it.

>sence

>>is now used as a mascot for actual neonazis

this isn't even partially true

nazis don't exist anymore

you liberals need to stop being so obsessed/fixated on wwii

I just prefer colbert because he's often funnier I feel.

There are reviews from sci-fi mags that didn't get it either.

Is it though? I haven't seen it.

They don't exist as an actual political force but there are people who still belived in the ideals of the third riech. Nowadays they exist politically as a boogeyman both sides trot out whenever they feel threatened.

They aren't a myth, you moron. I live less than a mile from a NeoNazi. They are dangerously disturbed people.

>is now used as a mascot for actual neonazis
Where?

Oh of cource they exist I'm just saying they hold little to no political power outside of a few far right anti immigrant parties in Europe and some racist trump supporters.

Spirit cooker detected

Death of the author. Satire doesn't give people mind control abilities to force people to accept the author's worldview, or to even see things the Author's way.

This is especially noteworthy when the culture is very one sided. There aren't very many politically conservative comedians, even less on TV.

See also: Judge Dredd.

feels bad man

Nazis ruin everything. Just look at this election cycle.

So what's the name of your OC, what color is his hair and how many katana does he have?

t. Kylo Ren

>normies
>shitty big bang theory graphic tee
>jeans with holes in them
>overpriced nikes

>neonazis
>fit white tee
>durable jacket
>durable leather boots

Go watch "Welcom to Leith" - your average Neo-Nazi is so far from presentable it's not funny.

Neo Nazis are big into their image and Red Skull and Hydra look quite cool, so it's not suprising.

>genocide
>badass
even as an emo teen i was never this edgy.

So tell me Sup Forums, what happens if you are a minority that agrees with some the ideals/points that Red Skull speak about? Non-whites can't be racist, according to liberal rules.

I don't think anyone outside of the wierd fringe honestly belives non whites can't be racist. Also what points does red skull make? The image where he gives a speech that got everyone up in arms just has him recite generic fear mongering and nostalgia baiting.

Edgy kids like to think that stupid and superficial ranting is 2deep4u political commentary

Hahaha holy shit neonazis are pathetic

>Like people who love gangster villains and think they're hot shit despite 99% of the time the moral is how empty or destructive their "success" was.

I despise Scarface merch and people claiming Tony Montana as their role model too.

lol the iron dream is garbage, literally the poster example for Godwin's law masquerading as some clever deconstruction of sci-fi tropes