/CTG/ Channel-tans General

Bonfire Night Edition

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fMNOnYxhpOY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed,_Edd_n_Eddy
youtu.be/BZu69_ouc-U)?
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-03/viacom-said-to-buy-telefonica-s-telefe-for-about-400-million
youtu.be/pT9GPloXjA8
reviewjournal.com/entertainment/tv/21st-century-fox-walt-disney-company-bring-over-35-networks-hulu
nypost.com/2016/11/03/cbs-and-time-warner-talked-merger-over-the-summer/
marketwatch.com/story/cbs-chief-warms-to-viacom-merger-dojs-directv-suit-reveals-chilling-details-chappelles-hosting-snl-2016-11-04
deadline.com/2016/11/les-moonves-cbs-only-merge-viacom-serves-shareholders-1201848201/
imgur.com/a/QQAtq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember, remember, the 5th of November

I was gonna put something about Robert Plant here, I think.

Welcome to /CTG/!

Discovery Kids is a cutie

I remember... the Alamo

When was the last time we updated our Booru? I see some missing art from our last threads.

>USA Network with Robert Plant's hair

I need it!

the lack of Teletoons make me sick guys so I am here to fix it.

Your Teletoon-tan is fantastic

Man you're the faster poster alive, Deida.
By the way I love your random deliveries like this one.

>filename

Well played drawfriend, well played.

There's a lot missing but most of them seem to be on the Sup Forumsllection under the personification tag.

Maybe I oughtta create a new account to circumvent whatever's blocking me from posting to the CTG booru

I am the booru guy, so sorry dudes my PC is broken but I got a new laptop but don't worry the booru will be updated in the next few hours

YES!

Perfect, thank you

look at that magnificent hair

I just realized that today is Guy Fawkes Day

Requesting Gulli-tan burning down BBC's HQ

BBC is hidden somewhere in the Tower of London watching her country celebrating on the streets the man who tried to destroy her beloved government.

Ehh not really they don't hate Fawkes
they even have documentaries and books about him and of course he got his own episode on Horrible Histories

youtu.be/fMNOnYxhpOY

i tho usa network was hulk hogan, weird but i like it

Teletoon is too cute for her own good is strange considering the fact that most of their shows are ugly as sin

IIRC, there is a law in Canada that forces the animation industry to create a certain amount of shows each year. they are literally forced to create "x" shows whether they are good or bad.

Why hasnt booru updated in a while?

Is every having a great morning today. I wanted to mention Green one of the artist in drawthread made this design for TNT tan

are you Green or just a friend of Green?

>Why hasnt booru updated in a while?
>my PC is broken but I got a new laptop but don't worry the booru will be updated in the next few hours
He's getting to it, his computer was just messed up for a while.

Also, lovely TNT Tan.

I remember when TNT used to have cartoons., good times. Nowadays they are limited to movies from Disney / Dreamworks.

nah, just an user who asked him to do the drawing of her

They gave us Ed Edd n Eddy, their sins have been forgiven.

are you kidding? that can't be legal
i thought canadians were good people

do this guy has a blog or something?

Could you guys switch the design for MGM to this one, i think the flapper lioness represent the corporation better.

Bones/Pooj made this one for me

oh shit that's cute, nice job user

ed edd 'n' eddy is canadian?!

Yeah I prefer this one to be honest. she's cute and makes sense based on the origin of their logo around 20s-30s.

I'll just post some more MGM that I've asked an user to do

She reminds of Eris from Billy and Mandy lol

The outfit in the first image looks much better but I understand they are not the same person. I still think that the design is very good.

I hate Ed Edd and Eddy but Teletoon gave me the weirdest boner in my life

Okay guys, it was 35 degrees today (95 Fahrenheit) so I drew this to express my discomfort, and in honour of the hot Christmas coming up.

Also I'm at a birthday party tonight so I won't be contributing much, probably gonna get smashed. Have fun!

She looks like a movie star in the heyday of the Silver Screen, full of class. Perfect.

>Ed, Edd n Eddy is a Canadian-American animated comedy television series created by Danny Antonucci for Cartoon Network, and the sixth of the network's Cartoon Cartoons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed,_Edd_n_Eddy

Yeah, there the same person just another artist made it
Here have another MGM art. Pandaface made this one btw

I know how you feel, fucking climate change is killing me

god damn, i ask for his name but forgot to ask him for his tumblr. ill ask him next time i see him

Be strong my aussie comrade, you must survive!

Have fun and take care btw!

Do we give money to the alter of Viacom, or do we give him human sacrifices? Virgins, perhaps?

Let me ask you a question, is the current design based on the music video "Shoot Him Down" (youtu.be/BZu69_ouc-U)? because I love that video and the new MGM-tan looks amazing

He needs your money, no seriously they need your money Viacom is at the bottom right now.

That's pretty hot Noir! thanks for coming hope you're having fun!

desu, the design came from me asking some of the drawfags in Sup Forums to dress original mgm in flapper clothing

Great music video btw

Viacom needs fresh souls for his leader, Redstone. It is the only thing that keeps him alive. That's his secret.

Viacom has sort of been doing better lately. Plus with the new CEO(Robert Bakish) it has it might be getting back on track again. The new guy was in charge of Viacom international, and that unit of Viacom has been doing pretty well and is a bright spot for the company.

This reminds me, Viacom brought an Argentine broadcast station this week, for 400 million dollars.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-03/viacom-said-to-buy-telefonica-s-telefe-for-about-400-million

Someone tell him to quit buying shit. Seriously, I think he gets drunk and buys thing for the hell of it now.

>I think he gets drunk

is that even possible?

Viacom is a strange company, I can't believe they own Nick it's just... weird.

For the record, Drunk Viacom sounds funny, or manybe not..
youtu.be/pT9GPloXjA8

Turner is getting richer and meanwhile Viacom is wasting money on a company in a country with economically-financial crisis.

>I think he gets drunk and buys thing for the hell of it now.

What's the matter, officer? I thought this was America!

>Disney, CN and Nick watch in amazement as Nick's dad is being arrested by the FCC for indecency.

Drawfriends, get on this.

Neat I had no idea that it was one of their first shows

In other news, Fox and Disney are trying to help Hulu with new shows.

reviewjournal.com/entertainment/tv/21st-century-fox-walt-disney-company-bring-over-35-networks-hulu

You can't save what's already dead. They tried Iot, it wasn't their business, couldn't compete, and have now failed.

How is Hulu doing? I know that subscription thing wasn't favored, but are they on par with Netflix or are they much lower on the totem pole?

>all this art
>all this art from new drawfriends

we sure have come a long way

Poor Hulu I feel bad for them its a good service but Netflix is much better

They have good series and is a stable service, not excellent but pretty good. The problem is advertising, Netflix is known worldwide while Hulu is only "popular" in America and Australia.

More of a Seinfeld reference than anything about the Chicago Clevelands

Bottom panel doubles as a reaction to the fact that I did this

>I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T DO THIS

We came this far from that first thread, it's amazing

Turner gets bought by AT&T and a merger with CBS
nypost.com/2016/11/03/cbs-and-time-warner-talked-merger-over-the-summer/
Viacoms life is suffering
How does it feel knowing he'll die in your lifetime

You have no idea how long I have waited for this, the Alphabet Sisters are the best

... so, no more Viacom/CBS on Thanksgiving?

>Tim Burton's Channel-tans

And how does this affect Ultralord?

I'm afraid you know too much user.

>Letting a cyclops play baseball
That's a terrible idea. Lovely work DIEDA. We need more Alphabet Sisters hanging out.

Creepy work Tentacle, but I like it.

Nah, that's still on the table, it seems like the NY Post merged two stories together or something and didn't know what they were talking about.

marketwatch.com/story/cbs-chief-warms-to-viacom-merger-dojs-directv-suit-reveals-chilling-details-chappelles-hosting-snl-2016-11-04

deadline.com/2016/11/les-moonves-cbs-only-merge-viacom-serves-shareholders-1201848201/

But no, Vi's life is still pretty miserable and may shack up with CBS, much to her discontent.

that gives me the creeps but goddamn tb you really do some nice shit with enough time and determination

I really expected more UPN / CW but this is enough for now, thanks Noir

ayyy

>Spoopy

BUT TB HALLOWEEN WAS LAST THREAD

Also good mornin /ctg/

Cat fucker user here, please dude I need my weekly doze of cat buns.

Morning F.A.G

I hate Hulu all their series are locket at 720p

awww, that's cute

You could always ask for the two catgirls in drawthreads. You know it's that time of the week when all the drawfriend come together and draw cats.

Who knows, maybe there's gonna be big event

Turner merge with CBS, CBS merge with Viacom, Viacom with Fox, etc

I wish Perla were here, I want to know what is the difference between ABC Family and Freeform. Wikipedia says they are the same channel, how is that possible?

If anything it'd be Channel 4 trying to set the barrels

ABC Family turned into Freeform, they changed their channel one day a few tears ago

Lore wise? We never discussed it. We always had both of them

Perla would know what to do

They'll be unstoppable if the two of them merged, just think about the scared faces Disney and Comcast will have

Disney is angry at them because now she's in the middle she used to be the top of the main three and now that place belongs to CN

Fair enough

They act like roommates, I like that

>Queen BBC and the French Channels

imgur.com/a/QQAtq

that wouldn't work

My last youtube butt drawing got taken down and i got a warning

I hope you all go out and vote for Qubo or TBS this Tuesday

I thought that Anti-monopoly Law was to prevent this sort of thing

my vote goes to Toony-tan

TBS is the good one, right?

yeah sure, i mean, if you like scandals

TOO MUCH BOOTY

>One of these things is not like the other

Hey /ctg/ how was your week

Don't know if I'll get anything done was trying to fill the void of Ms. Baker from Clarence

95 degrees is an average heat for me

Also bueno

Hey tenticle

Well that's spoopy

I can't remember but when did these threads start exactly