MCU Thanos is going to be the greatest letdown in movie history...

MCU Thanos is going to be the greatest letdown in movie history. With Marvel's current track record there's no denying this.

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2016/11/feige-infinity-war-team-ups-will-surprise-you.html
screencrush.com/avengers-infinity-war-thanos-writers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I seriously doubt it can beat DCEU Superman.

I don't think Inhave enough hype for Thanos to be let down as much as DCEU Superman.

My letdown for Superman is greater than my total hype for Thanos.

The thing with Thanos is that in order to have him fleshed out like Starlin managed to do, you have to have a Thanos movie.

Might Marvel simply use Hela as a stand-in for Death, since Blanchett is already on the payroll?
>Anything is possible, but knowledge of the comics can be both beneficial to fans anticipating things, and also misleading. So you’ll have to see.

vulture.com/2016/11/feige-infinity-war-team-ups-will-surprise-you.html

This.

This has kinda been my huge worry about Infinity War - that they'll spend all this time setting up the Infinity Gems, making a ton of characters and shit, and just entirely forgot to set up Thanos's goals, motivations and shit, despite him being the overarching villain here.

Literally all non-comic-readers know about him is that he wants some shiny rocks and has a glove and sits on his ass.

And even then, despite the Thanoswank, Starlin writes Thanos a lot better than most - a lot of writers wind up messing him up a decent amount.

If you want movies centered on Edgy Nihilists with a Wicked Sense of Humor that I can Totally Relate to, stick with DC's wild ride.
It's what you deserve.

There is no way this film can live up to the hype. Since 2012, we've been teased about Thanos and how big and scary he is, but we're still 2 years away from truly seeing it. And on that note, how will they even do his Infinity Gauntlet stuff without it seeming nerfed in some way? Most of the MCU heroes are pretty weak. Thor, Hulk and Dr. Strange are the only characters so far that would approach his level (Captain Marvel too, I guess). What are Hawkeye, Falcon or Black Widow going to do against him? None of the weaker characters should survive a punch by Thanos. And then we got Thanos' army, which would make people complain "Oh, we had two Avengers films where they fight armies of faceless goons" again.

And even beyond trying to show how Thanos fights, we still got the question of how you get the Avengers to go "Hoo shit! There's an evil space god we gotta stop!" when we're dealing with Civil War's divide and none of the Earth heroes meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I really don't know how Marvel can pull this off without disappointing.

Just have Thanos drop bombs on everyone from his choppa

>And on that note, how will they even do his Infinity Gauntlet stuff without it seeming nerfed in some way?
Thor can't shatter planets, Strange can't rewrite reality, Hulk can't hold up entire mountain ranges.

Why would you think that the IG should be like the comics? "Lolz I just made half the Universe die" just doesn't have impact to adults.

Exactly. Having the power to control the universe, yet I'm sure they won't even destroy a city...okay, maybe Xandar might blow up, but I doubt that they will go that gloomy for the MCU.

He's has some talented competition in disappointing villains, that's for sure

I assume That's just what Infinity War Part One is going to be.

>I'm sure they won't even destroy a city

>Implying he won't throw a tsunami at Trump Tower

>Thanos' army
They should just use the Cabal or whatever those dudes were from that shitty event from no too long ago. The one with Corvus Glaive. They were one of the few things I like from that event.
Over these big bads with and infinite army.

>Appear at the end of Avengers 1
>Do fuck all in GotG
>Appear randomly after AoU saying he'll "handle it himself"
>Handle what? What's your plan? Where are you? Are you supposed to be powerful?
I'm surprised that casuals and the general audience seem to be so hyped for him and Infinity was considering how terribly Marvel has handled him.

>Infinity War Part One
I thought they scrapped the part one part two stuff and it's just going to be one movie.

Funny you should say that because FUCKING doomsday and enchantress were more threathening than Thanos por any marvel villian. And they were horribly written

Daily reminder that this movie has a $1 billion dollar budget without marketing.

What a shit show. I'll watch it online like doctor strange though

There was a rumor he appears at the end of Thor Ragnarok, but I doubt it.

Even if he does, he'll still do fuck all as always.

And do jackshit

I don't know, maybe we'll see him get up from his chair and look at his new glove saying "Soon" or some other vague expression to announce the audience he's still around.

>Completely silent post-credit scene where Thanos is using his foot to make his chair spin around

Actually the $1 billion is the combined cost of both parts.
Probably due to the fact that it'll be filmed completely in IMAX.

>MCU Thanos is going to be the greatest letdown in movie history.
I don't know, it would have to try pretty hard to beat Kylo Ren as a successor to the villain Legacy of Darth Vader.

I don't know, he'd have to suck pretty hard to be more disappointing than Kylo Ren.

Honestly, i think they shouldn't have teased Thanos so early.

Thanos right now looks like a fool. Every little plan of his have failed thanks to the constant teasing. He lost two stones in Avengers, with his plans to dominate the Earth failing,. He got told by Ronan and lost another stone. What's next?

The only thing that would make Thanos look awesome is if Infinity were two movies with the first movie ending with Thanos victorious. Another defeat will just make him look like a loser and a slob who should have gotten out of his throne 3 movies ago.

>maybe Xandar might blow up
I might be disappointed at this point if Xandar fails to blow up. It just seems expected at this point. Not sure what else there is to destroy, maybe some Asgardian realms. I guess the big question is how devastated they'll let the Earth get.

Nah, there's no way any villain was going to be as good as Darth Vader unless it was by accident. I think they did it right by making Kylo Ren a fanboy who tries and fails to live up to Vader's legacy even in-universe.

I think giving the stones to people already established was a mistake. The post credits should have been Thanos exploring the cosmos collecting them to show how strong he is while a few we're with established cast. Or something IDK I'm not a writer.

>Thanos is a cringy let down only faggot hipsters like
>Gets the gems
>Becomes the marvel universe
>Marvel is a cringy let down only faggot hipsters like

Did they plan this?

im predicting this is the current set of future movies

>Guardian2
Thanos either literally tears Nova Corps a new asshole and takes the Power gem from them.
or Even a twofer gets Power, Reality from the collector.

>Ragnarok, while thor and friends are busy with their plot. Asgards treasure room is sacked and pillaged.
Tesseract inserted.
Loki becomes his new advisor

>Soul Gem revealed in Black Panther
as relic to communicate with the dead and panther god.

>Infinity War
Thanos heads to earth
Divided avenger attack in clumsy uncordinated attack.

Vision looks to camera and says wands and gets torn in half.

retreat

Dr strange bands all new avengers together
tries to time loop thanos.
Thanos fucks strange a new asshole.

Thanos begins his universe of death

Hulk and thor & guardians join the fray

Thanos gets tricked by nebula.

Strange somehow get back the time gem

Opens a portal to trap thanos

The avenger Assembled all due signature moves that cause thanos to lose a gem

Each lost gem is recovered by respective members
Quill and guardians - Power
Panther - Soul
Strange - Time (already accounted for)
Reality - Wanda Maybe!?
Space - ????
Newly reformed Vision - Mind

They Team up and push thanos to the portal
but he is more formidable even against the gem and is will not stop.

The original avengers hold thanos and push him to the portal and are lost.

The government recinds the accords to thank the avengers and reinstate a new shield with the avengers working out for

A new statue is built to commemorate the heroes lost.

end scene is a gem a flicker and a sign that they still might be alive

Thanos is the worst general there is. He'll just hand valuable shit to random people and expect results.

>greatest letdown
>not DCEU
>not literally every big character of DCEU
Nobody cares about Thanos, mate. I'm sure people already forgot about him.

DCEU Superman was a rousing success, so no.

>>Guardian2
>Thanos either literally tears Nova Corps a new asshole and takes the Power gem from them.
>or Even a twofer gets Power, Reality from the collector.
Thanos has been confirmed for not being in GotG2.

But the nutty thing is, that's the SECOND destruction of Xandar after they rebuilt it as a collection of suspended planetoids. The planet was already trashed once early in Rich Rider Nova's history. Basically, getting destroyed is just what Xandar does.

Thanos didn't lose his fight with Odin and the shitty romita art is a clone.

Maybe. But after Doctor Strange, I'm increasingly sure they're going to have him ascend to godhood and be challenged by The Living Tribunal and the other cosmic entities. And that's worth the price of admission.

>I'm increasingly sure they're going to have him ascend to godhood and be challenged by The Living Tribunal and the other cosmic entities.

I think it depends on how much they want to pander to normies. Most people who already have some comic book knowledge will watch it, but much of the stuff in infinity war might go over the heads of many people.

But the writers of Civil War said Civil War was written for people who already watched many of the past movies, so who knows.

That fucking misleading trailer!

first post best post

That was wrong too. Star Wars lives and dies on its villains, and weak villain = weak movie

Plus he was just irritating. Why the fuck does he want to be Vader, given his real identity and how soon it was since ROTJ? If the movie was set centuries later and he was just some dark side schlub, it could work.

Driver should have died in a freak accident instead of Yelchin. We don't deserve good things.

Only not muh fags were let down by DCEU Superman. Thanos has the potential to be a letdown because he's been built up as this huge threat for so many movies, but given Marvel's previous track record, there's a good chance that he'll just end up as a jobbing quipster or as joke fodder like the Mandarin or Ronan.

I trust in the Russos to do a good cosmic ensemble story. They've been building towards presenting a pantheon with Eson the Searcher in GoTG, Ego the living planet in Thor 3 and Dormammu in Doctor Strange. I'm hyped. My main concern is that Thanos himself won't get enough screentime for good characterization.

The first thing casuals know about Superman is that he flies and has super strength

The second thing is that he is happy and positive, not dark or gloomy

Casuals were turned off, obviously

>MCU Thanos is going to be the greatest letdown in movie history.
That would be Star Wars episode 1

Casual spotted.

Uhh, just for research purposes but where can you watch Dr Strange online?

>“We don’t get an element of surprise. Everyone knows he’s coming, and yet he hasn’t had terribly many scenes that have illuminated very much about him.” You can expect that to change very quickly as a large part of Infinity War, Part 1 will be devoted to introducing Thanos in a very big way. “You can count on a lot of scenes where we illuminate a lot about him very early.”

One of the writers for Infinity War said this. I'm guessing we're going to get a lot exposition on Thanos at the beginning because a lot of things will happen during the two movies.

screencrush.com/avengers-infinity-war-thanos-writers/

How big is Thanoseseses dick? My conclusion is he is either huge or tiny. If he is huge then he is being Thanosy because he is supremely confident. However, he might be tiny and overcompensating by being Thanosy.

Probably big enough to satisfy most ayylmao bitches, justifying his confidence, but still proportionally small enough to the rest of his body to make him feel a little inadequate.

Wew, I didn't expect Thanos himself to reply. Thanks my purple headed warrior. I love you.

So long as he uses the Thanoscopter I'll be fine with it.

I would be willing to bet that during his years of biological and cybernetic enhancement, Thanos made sure he had a dick that was exactly the size he wanted it to be, if he didn't have that already.

Poor lady Death. With Thanos' ambition he must have a dick like a barrel. Her skeleton ass is getting broken.

>implying she will ever do anything but cuck Thanos

>There is no way this film can live up to the hype.

People seemed all around satisfied with Civil War and that had massive hype.

Nooooo she is just playing hard to get

t. Thanos

>anime thanos

Shut your fucking face uncle fucker

They didnt expkain it very well. There are still two films, but only the first will be called Infinity War. The other will just have a different title.

I'm betting it'll be either Infinity Gauntlet -> Infinity War, or just Infinity War -> Infinity, for the sake of keeping known names.

Civil War didn't involve an item that the wearer can do anything he wants with it, including read his opponents minds.

Agreed,

That sounds good. I hadn't read that

Man, if endless Thanoswank and powerlevel bullshit is good writing in terms of Thanos, then maybe he's just a shitty character.

>With Marvel's current track record
you mean near perfect?

How can hey possibly do justice to Thanos? He is just too much. Try and enjoy hat you get.

I bailed on MCU the second I found out that Pym didn't make Ultron. Fuck MCU. Nothing but trash.

Now that x-men has fallen there are no good cape movies. Marvel is full comic pandering and DC is almost passable.

Dire times for cape shit indeed.

Ultron not being made by Pym is Edgar Wrights fault. But even then Ultron sucked.

He'd have to try very hard to outdo Nolan's Bane.
All the Sup Forums memes and company wars shit aside, I still remember how much hype I had for him and how threatening he looked in every promo material before the movie. Than the movie came out and he's more unintentionally goofy than intimidating.

>Built up as THE biggest MCU villain for 10 years
>won't even survive for one full movie
This will make Ultron look like the best movie ever made in comparison.

But he has two movies dedicated to him. How can he die in the first of those?

thats why casuals loved BvS and MoS

oh wait

>two movies
Infinity War is one movie. Thanos will die in that one. Then there will be a sequel Avengers movie that hasn't been titled yet.

People weren't hyped for Bane as much as they were for Joker, since most casuals know Joker, few know Bane.

So DC gets the worst of it again with their more iconic characters vis-a-vis the DCEU.

>OOPS, I DROPPED THE COSMIC CUBE!

There are two movies that were at first Infinity War pt. 1 and pt. 2, but they didn't want to do the naming covention of parts, especially as the stories feel a bit more seperate. They won't suddenly change the villain of the second movie (which is like the finale to a "superphase") after building Thanos as the big bad for so long

Nice trips. Also MCU always changes shit up. They could have him live through the infinity war if that's what they want to do.

>it slips out of his hands in the middle of another classic Dance Off (tm)

Dude, Bane was pure fucking hype in the movie. He had mad style. Every time he showed up in a scene he owned the floor.

I wish i could dress and act like Bane in RL. I'd get mad pussy and respect.

Don't bother now, only shitty cams are out

Wait a few months for the home video rips

>They won't suddenly change the villain of the second movie (which is like the finale to a "superphase") after building Thanos as the big bad for so long
We'll see. If there is any single element common among all MCU films, it's a weakly developed villain.

thanos is too tricky for his own good

He really is. Anyone that loves thanos for depth and "who he is" really is just an edgelord man child. Thanos is pretty one dimensional brooding strong man that kills and conquers cause no one loves him.
Marvel will get him right, "fans' will ve mad he didnt get his own movie, even though he doesn't deserve one. He is a generic final boss that all the heroes can fight. That's all.

there is a certain charm to a golden age villian who is evil and proud, the biggest hard ass in the room and knows it, and gloats maniacally

he doesnt need to hide his intent under layers of "for your own good", he is a mad titan

As long as they keep him in love with and cucked by the concept Death as his motivation, and don't suddenly use Hela instead, I'm fine

Zemo survived, Loki survived through 3 movies, and Red Skull is also probably still alive somewhere in one of the seven realms of Yggdrasil. I wouldn't put it past them to get the farmer ending.

>Ronan is joke fodder

He literally no selled everyone until they used the power gem to kill him. He wasn't fodder at all.

You're gonna be disappointed. No way they actually make Death a character in MCU.

Just because they changed the name doesn't mean both movies aren't obviously about Thanos. Directors already said first movie is big Thanos orgins/plot set up and second is battle royal basically.