Who the fuck wrote this shit

Who the fuck wrote this shit
>frankenstein has no point to bring in the show
>neither does the monster
>woman (who's name escapes me) is late 2000s high school edgelord trying too hard to be Helen carter
>Dorian only existed to fuck not-hellen Carter and turn her into a deadite
>cowboy fucks Dorian and it's never brought up again
>James bond is an asshole
>sub plots everywhere, of which several are forgotten about, the Egyptian vampire and Jack the ripper plots are dropped
>several of the sub plots could of held a show on their own, such as Frankenstein working in the theater , but in context to the current plot, is pointless.
>rose Tyler and the cowboys relationship serves no purpose but to eventually get a Frankensteins sub plot bride plot
>90% of scenes are dramatic taking and build up to nothing actully happening
>more dramatic dialog

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ATW9HewSGu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah I can't really make sense of what you're talking about there OP but I just wanted to say that this show was really good and I hated the way it ended so abruptly.

>Who the fuck wrote this shit
John Logan.

>Who the fuck wrote this shit

A man who was literally obsessed with Eva Green.

Totally agree. This show had no clear direction so it just turned into a messy tangle of subplots and pointless character references

>oh hey it's Frankenstein and he made a new person
>lol jk that was his second attempt and his first attempt just kills this new asshole
>oh hey it's Van Helsing who might train Frankenstein to hunt vampires
>lol it's Caliban again and he just snaps Van Helsing's neck wow that totally does justice to the character

It came to a point where Eva Green is yelling at a puppet and it comes across as laughable. This show simply doesn't understand gothic horror

>make show called Penny Dreadful
>it's gothic or romantic horror
>make comic series called Iron Man Noir
>it's a Penny Dreadful
When are people gonna cut this shit out?

Miss Ives is a primetime example of a mary sue. If she wasn't a character from episode 1 she would LITERALLY be poochie.

That's stupid, you're stupid.

>OP can't into Gothic fiction

Gothic shit is like this. And it's really just a show about monsters. I'll never understand why people want stories where all the things on screen are neat plot points and everything ties together. It's different but that doesn't mean bad. You should try going along for the ride instead of mentally trying to steer the show

Literally me.

This user is pretty correct. A lot of gothic fiction is meandering nonsense.

no i didn't

You are not the only guy out there obsessed with her.

And can I ask what it is about her that is so appealing? I'd say more than a lot of other actresses, she certainly seems to have a really rabid fanbase and it's not like she courts the attention or is that particularly attractive, not saying she's ugly at all but she's certainly not drop dead gorgeous.

But from what I've seen many people just get obsessed with her.

>And can I ask what it is about her that is so appealing?
She's very reliable about getting nekkid in every single thing she appears in. It might be a clause in her contract. I think that's part of it.

It's like when certain products used to have a "Certified Stamp of Quality" or somesuch on them. The Eva Certified Stamp Of Boobies. She's like the 2000's version of Alyssa Milano.

Dorian is the only interesting thing about the series. Too bad they didn't focus more on him.

Really hated the way the show ended, it had potential but just blew it.

needed more Lyle
youtube.com/watch?v=ATW9HewSGu0

>gif
I aint clicking that shit

It had to end, the writer was reaching points of no return with her. He may have ended up abducting her. Shit he put her in a room by herself for almost the entire season I know he thought about turning the cameras off and locking himself in the room with her forever.

She's the sexiest actress alive. And a solitary weirdo. And she's done incestkino. She's literally perfect

I think she looks like a nasty crackwhore hag

I think so too, but a fine top of the line crackwhore hag.

I didn't like how he was just used for weird sex scenes and that's it. I also will never understand why they didn't used Carmilla.

Are you female?

delet this pls

Clearly they had like 5 or 6 seasons planned but they had to cut it short.

There was references to the German guy going to egypt to investigate mummy type shit and they introduced Jekyll/Hyde, and that sword bitch who probably would've done something instead of nothing.

The thing that bothered me is that angle where the wolfman had the potential to be evil and just have sex with the witch all day was established and then cut short in the span of an episode and a half. And Dracula was trash.

I can't even remember how it ended, it was such a shitty rushed ending that my mind have erased it from memory.

That's my only issue with the show. I would've watched it meander for 10 years. There's not been Gothic horror like that in decades and the best we have now is the fucking shitty (as of yet) Dark Universe.

>Clearly they had like 5 or 6 seasons planned

I really think he didn't. One man wrote the entire show, and the first season he spent a lot of time trying to figure out what that show was and who these characters were. I'll say with Vanessa, John Clare and Frankenstein he always knew who they were. For everyone else he clearly wasn't sure how they fit in, especially with Dorian Grey.

I liked that about the show though. It made things feel more grounded to me because it was like these characters are trying to figure out what they have to, or better what they want to do. Characters figuring out their own motivations or just living their way in that fantasy setting was extremely good to watch to me. Which is why I definitely see where the OP is coming from, but that was a main tenets of the show.

Season 3 was definitely strange though and no matter how baseless my claims are I'm very adamant that Eva Green probably did not want to make the show any more. He says he ran into a hole where she had to die and the show is nothing without her, which is true to me. But he really was obsessed with her, he called her his muse and there was no way he could continue writing it if she was no longer on it.

And we've seen. Eva's been very busy in movies lately when she used to make like one a year and she's doing much more in Paris too with fashion.

They introduced too much shit in season 3 for it to have POSSIBLY always been the final season.

Not just storylines but entire characters that were all then written out or left without resolutions or resolved poorly and too early. I was reading articles at the time season 3 was coming to an end that said Showtime was open to another season if the ratings had trended upward toward the finale.

Yeah I don't think that was the planned ending. I just don't think he had things planned ever. And I'm convinced if Eva was open to doing the show for another ten years he'd have been ready to go for that. It's not like death was the end in Penny Dreadful.

Unironically the best character.

>sub plots everywhere, of which several are forgotten about, the Egyptian vampire and Jack the ripper plots are dropped
Gee user, have you checked out the fucking title?

this show was fucking great until halfway through season 3 when it was obvious the creator wanted to just kill the show
show was pure classic horror kino..

>I just don't think he had things planned ever.
I thought the same way with how so many sub-plots would be build up and go nowhere. I think he only had a coherent ideal for s1 and after that just wing it.

dracula is set up to be the other half of satan that split from him after his fall, i dunno about carmilla but i wanted to see the phantom of the opera

>should've seen dracula in season 2
but noooo witches and evil doll making