MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #15

>MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #15

>Amy Reeder (W/C), Brandon Montclare (W), Natcha Bustos (A)

>Guest-starring Riri Williams, Ironheart!

>There's room for two young, black, gifted girls in the Marvel U, isn't there?

Whoever wins, we lose.

ReRe's hair is all over the place.

>Mark Grayson is now Michonne as a Superhero
Kirkman sure is getting progressive.

Why would they ever cross paths let alone team up--
>because they're both black girls
Oh ok. Nice job, NuMarvel.

>issue #15
Just make everything an all-ages series if they have such lower cancellation thresholds

>smartest girl in the MU no one is helping her.

C'mon at least let park give her some grants or some shit. You can't seriously let me believe that girl is the smart person in the world yet doesn't have any funding what so ever.

LOOK AT THAT SEXUALIZED POSE!

WE ARE NUMBER ONE

#FreeDevilDinosaur

>hating on MG&DD
Fuck Sup Forums I knew you had shit taste but damn.

Name good things about Moon Girl.

I wish more people liked MG and DD

You drones just eat up anything with the marvel logo on it..

It's a children's book, anons. Are you children?

All-ages books are usually the most enjoyable books for me. Plus I like stuff I can give to my younger relatives when I get bored with it.

Moon Girl is great.

Riri can suck an iron dick.

>trolling for jailbait

The smartest person in the MU is R̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶i̶c̶h̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ an 8 year old black girl.

Iron man is T̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶r̶k̶ a 15 year old black girl.

So now we've got Whor, Chulk, Ms Muslim, Black Cap, Black Fury, Ghost Driver, Spictacular Spider-Man, Wolverteen, and Kate Bishop as the new Hawkeye solo ... I honestly don't have any problem with any one of these in isolation but taken as a whole it's getting a bit silly.

And I'm not even counting shit like Jeen, Tyke, and Gay Ice.

Isn't Moon Girl suppose to join the Champions?

>A hypergenius grade school nonmixed race black girl

>A hypergenius nonmixed race black teenager

>Wakanda is the most technologically advanced civilization, with a hypergenius nonmixed race black king

Marvel is the most SJW/regressive white person fantasy-land ever.

True stats

>8% of the US pop commit 50% of violent crime, care to guess what that 8% is?

>This continent has the lowest average IQ of the world, care to guess the continent?

>The country elected a president of a certain race for 8 years, race relations there are worse than they've been in 50 years, and violent crime in major cities is growing steadily, and its the fault of the people of the same race as the president, whats the country?

Why so bitter user, Marvel has been garbage since civil war to begin with. Nothing of value was lost anyways.

Unless your some faggot movieposter.

Wrong Richards. The smartest person in the MU is a 3 year old white girl.

>that thumbnail

>this is what Sup Forumslacks ACTUALLY BELIEVE!

Poor man's Natasha Irons and Jakeem Thunder

>The smartest person in the MU is a 3 year old white girl.
She looked considerably older than that during Secret Wars (although I guess it's a moot point nowadays).

Isn't she joining the Champions?

>believing actual statistics makes you Sup Forums

wut

Why do they continue to publish Moon Girl?
Nobody's buying it.

>MUH STATISTICS

She was canonically 4. You could stretch it and say the 8-months timeskip made her 5.

who is this comic for?

mooncrickets

>Selective statistics that ignore a variety of relevant factors
Wow thanks for singlehandedly making a form of study useless user.

Dormammu, I came to get funky

Jakeem Thunder was cool but I feel like his potential wasn't fully tapped.

>...
Stop

What?

Don't you know black women are the number one demographic buying comics nowadays? I can't wait till half of MU is transgendered.

yes, empirical evidence is a "belief"

black people who have disposable income to waste on multiple monthly comic books for their children, instead of food/clothing, or saving it for their college fund, in other words absolutely no one...

..I take that back, jews like Bendis who adopt black kids, for muh white guilt, white oppression, holocaust survivor lineage guilt...in other words

So what is the book like?

Shit.

Moonboy didn't deserve to die for this.

>Iron man is T̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶r̶k̶ a 15 year old black girl.
No? Iron man is a middle-aged Latverian man. You're thinking of Ironheart.

It's alright. A fun, light all-ages book about a little girl and her pet dinosaur. The kind of book that's good as its own standalone thing, but has no reason to be interacting with the larger MU.

Why Marvel is trying to push Moon-girl as an actually relevant part of the MU instead of just a nice little self-contained book though is beyond me.

>Your utterly stupidly BULLSHIT

>getting annoyed at comics for being unrealistic
>being this unselfaware
in a medium were you can getting bitten by a venomis spider,having a bomb exploded in your face,and getting struck by lightning not only wont harm you but will actually make you a superior human you decided that were you cross the line is with realism is the correlation between IQ and race? You do realize that black geniuses DO exist right? Sure, if ALL the smarties in marvel were back it would be a stretch but having a couple blacks be smart is a problem for you?

And honestly, who gives a fuck that a place like Wakanda exists in Marvel?(to be fair the people living in Wakanda are so advanced because of the location and access to resources they had like that special adamantium/vibranium herb that black panthers have to eat,not because they are special snowflakes) i've never heard someone say ''lol why the fuck does aquaman live in ATLANTIS, thats soooo unrealistic"

i know what im saying will have zero effect on you but just take a step back for a second,you accept capeshit like the hulk and spiderman without a second thought but when the heros are black you decide that realism matters? (Congragulations! You just blatantly displayed you think black characters are a problem not because of a justified reason but just cuz ''muh i don't wanna see any darkies!") usually people like you try to hide behind ''muh the writing sucks'' but i guess you didn't know about that tactic?

the problem isn't that there different races/replacing established heroes. the problem is that there doing it so suddenly all at once. Doing it like that not only feels like a big unnatural publicity stunt,it also compromises the already well established story. for it to be done in a way that works they shouldn't just dump a bunch of new characters, they should weave them into the story that in a way that makes sense and expands on whats already there

All these posts and no one asked the most important question:

Is Kid Kree gone for good?

Shit and I was liking this series because it was free of crossover bullshit, Kamala doing a guest-star appearance was fine but fuck I don't care about Bendis' forced OCs.

I hope not, he's one of the reasons I am willing to even read Moon Girl, that and the Kree being semi relevant again.

>Why Marvel is trying to push Moon-girl as an actually relevant part of the MU instead of just a nice little self-contained book though is beyond me.
Crossoverbux. Monsters Unleashed is going to involve Devil Dinosaur. So it was just inevitable that this book would get caught up in the event too.

>comics and marketing,how do they work?

Same.

I swear its not her being a girl or the smartest in the universe that makes me dislike Lunella, she just seems like she has a shit attitude that makes it hard for me to root for her.

Kid Kree's story was what I kept coming back for (and that ended without any real delivery)

We lived Marvel Adventures.

Pretty much agree with this. I like the book, I just don't like Lunella as a character all that much. I hope the book keeps going because most of the other characters are good and I like both the writing and art, but there's 0 appeal for seeing her outside this book unless it's just an excuse for Devil Dinosaur to show up.

They gotta get those diversity points

I don't mind her story, but I do mind killing Moon Boy, calling her "Moon Girl" when the last "Moon X" was a fucking monkeyman, and the "absolute smartest evereverever" bullshit.

Just give her an original name and don't bother trying to make her a Reed Richards tier genius, and I'd be fine.

I enjoy how triggered this makes Sup Forums

I enjoy how nobody reads it

It only triggers me because it could have been so much better.

that makes the triggering even funnier

I tried reading MG&DD but was so bored I couldn't be assed to even read the second issue.

What IS good from Marvel right now? These days I tend to read DC, plus the Rick & Morty comic and IDW's TMNT, and that's about it.

How did this comic make it to 15 issues? Are people actually buying it?

Is it me, or is Riri looking more like the person she's named after?

Darth Vader.

To my knowledge right now it is the only good book they are putting out.

RIRI IS POSING LIKE SOME SLUT
REEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks.

Does it open up my options any if I don't mind leftist themes (hell, Green Arrow is my favorite DC superhero) as long as the story doesn't feel clunky or like it exists to frame a moral speech or anything?

No, I think it's Marvel's worst selling book. They just refuse to cancel it because it's an "all-ages" book, which means they're going to push it until you like it. They're probably hoping for her to be used in Agents of SHIELD or something.

It was a diversity push book. They won't cancel it for a while out of fear of backlash over the crap they themselves stir up every time they push a diversity push book.

It'll be gone by this time next year, but not until they can try to segue moon girl in to something else.

They're bad characters if the most important thing about them is that their skin color is black.

All Ages also means it sells at places that aren't comic shops like book fairs and shit. meaning there's a different metric

Why does DC have more diversity, better ability to pass a mantle down and keep it there for years and years, including passing it from a white man to a Latina (the Question), and better writing at the moment, and yet Marvel gets all this praise for being "progressive" and DC gets shit all over?

Selling in more places than just comic shops and still selling that poorly just means that the book is doing even worse.

Because the Marvel audience is a hivemind and Marvel loves to shit on DC.

my main point was that we don't have the numbers for sales in other places but marvel sees reasons to keep the book alive.

Marvel makes a point to virtue signal everytime they have something like this happen and they make a big show out of it until it becomes the core of that character's identity in people's minds.

DC just does it and lets the character's speak for themselves in an organic fashion.

It's flash vs substance, organic growth vs inorganic.

It's a clear indicator that someone doesn't read comics when they say marvel is more progressive than DC or acts like DC isn't inclusive at all.

Not that user, but it could be that they don't expect it to sell in comic shops because it's an all-ages book, and they push it in book fairs and such because it'll get people buying Marvel comics as children, in hopes they'll stay brand-loyal when they''re older.

Not always, that book with the black Dethlock got a full 12 issues because Alonso wanted it to survive.

Ewing's books have been pretty good, Vision was alright but it's done now, pretty much everything else is garbage.

Oh no, there are two non white people appearing in an issue together and not enough white mains to drown them out. Let's riot /po--I mean Sup Forums.

Advertising.
They've gotten better about their pandering characters, namely in that most of their teen heroes are actually GOOD and not "this is my ethnicity and it defines me", but Marvel puts a lot more emphasis on advertising to everyone that they have a new non-white character.

Did they actually kill moon-boy?

>getting mad at marvel for creating 2 superheros who are black and have super-smarts as their main power because it doesn't refelect ''satistics"
>mfw thats technically more realistic than most superheros in general

when you consider the fact that no one would give a fuck about geniuses like Peter Parker and Reed Richards if it wasn't for their superpowers (which have really have nothing to do with their IQ at all tbqh) your problems with them seem very petty in all honesty.

>now thats what i call overkill

>Technically more realistic
Isn't it technically less realistic?

>>There's room for two young, black, gifted girls in the Marvel U, isn't there?

Das racist.

>>The country elected a president of a certain race for 8 years, race relations there are worse than they've been in 50 years,
You have to be 18 to post here user.

What's the empirical evindec of race relations today being worse than the past 50 years and why it's Obamas fault?

>Being this retarded

You know, just like that all black gathering at Rhodey's funeral that included Blade, Cage, Storm and Black Panther and a whole bunch of others. And most of them either have nothing to do with each other or actively hate one another.

Because user, it's always Obama's fault because he's black and his people are black so therefore it's evidence.

Most black crime are done by repeat offenders.
Poor countries have poor education. Africa still has universities plus universities that were in Timbuktu and Djenne are older than some European colleges.
Race relations are worse because of scumbags like you who won't accept a black man as president.

>isn't that technically less realistic?
>lol wut?

dude i dont know if your playing word games but on the ''scale of realism'' having your power-set being based off of your intelligence is more realistic than say, getting injected with radioactive spider venom and becoming a perfectly created mutation from that occurrence (i LOVE spidey but i could rant forever on how that is such a ridiculous way to get superpowers) yes, spidey is a genius but he didn't even apply his intelligence to anything massive until he got his powers. the same goes for reed. but riri and moongirl are smarties who just didn't wait for a̶ ̶i̶l̶l̶o̶g̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶e̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ something like that to happen to them before they started to apply there intelligence.

also i think the ''they shouldn't exist because black people aren't smart" argument is frankly just silly. i will admit the whites have a higher intelligence on AVERAGE but that doesn't mean that their aren't any black geniuses. what further hurts there argument is that riri's and moon girls existence is actually scientifically justified. In the world there are black and white smarties, but white smarties outnumber the black ones. In marvel you have countless white dudes who have a high IQ as supplement to their abilities (Parker,Richards,Banner,Stark,Dr.Strange,Pym off the top of my head) but you never really see black heroes like that. so now here comes the first 2 black geniuses (that i know of/anyone gives a shit about). if you understand what the word AVERAGE means than you would know that riri and moongirls being there as negro smarties is perfectly justified.

though i understand if you dont like them because the're ''sjw fuel'' or because the're being forced into the story and are overshadowing other characters, or even because your an o̶b̶l̶i̶g̶a̶t̶o̶r̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶u̶n̶t̶

>(that i know of/anyone gives a shit about
I'll forgive you for not knowing Blue Marvel, but how the fuck do you not know Black Panther?

this flag should be the Nuetralist Flag.

>seems to believe in outliers
>nah fuck it
everytiem

The scions of black Marvel culture are a fat Jew and a Mormon.

Cap books
Moon Knight

1.Black panther might have technically have artificially enhanced intelligence.
the Black Panther is a legacy hero that is passed down to each new panther that proves himself in battle. in order to become the panther you have to eat this special adamantum/vibranium herb that is only found in wakanda. it gives a superserum like affect on the eaters body, i dont actually know if it makes you smarter but it does give you the knowledge of all past panthers, something like that would DEFIANTLY have an affect on the way you think (but i'll forgive you for not knowing that ;)
2.i've heard of blue marvel but the only thing i knew about him was that he's a negro,i have a lot of capeshit to catch up on so i'm saving him for later

>but how the fuck do you not know Black Panther
i actualy think he's great, just like how i think Darwin is great, but instead of spreading some great discussions about them Sup Forums posters would rather stay in a perpetual cycle of making threads about how ''bendis is a cuck'' and ''muh sjw agenda''

i wasn't always that way, but using Sup Forums for an extended period of time changes the way you deal with d̶u̶m̶b̶ ̶c̶u̶n̶t̶s̶ people who you disagree with (not that the guy i relpied to is a dumb cunt)

cringe