How is LotR so good and the Hobbit so bad?

How is LotR so good and the Hobbit so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=20vA9U7J2qQ&list=WL&index=10
youtu.be/Sl7w2Z0vGpA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no niggers

3 movies from 1000 pages of source material.

3 movies from 200 pages of source material.

Because you were 12 when you saw LotR

>dude what?

LotR cut scenes that weren't necessary to include from the books, and made a (mostly faithful adaption of the books.
The Hobbit barely covered every event, despite having the same amount of movies to cover one fifth the amount of pages, and added so much OC filler that it's barely recognizable to the book. Not too mention the CGI looked dated on day one, where as LotR still looks great, other than the ents.

Lotr was funded and supported by people who wanted to see the movies done right.
Hobbit was funded by Warner Bro who wanted cheap money based of Lotr's success

Joke's on you, I was thirteen.

This, based fucking New Line Cinema

This

Eternal respect for the work of J R R

>obligatory post that pretty much explains all the problems
>people still haven't seen this video which is posted in literally every thread about the hobbit
youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

>not Del Toro is a fatass who pulled out leaving Jackson to step in and try to scuttle the sinking ship with like little to no time left

Peter Jackson had 3 years to prepare LOTR.
he had a month to prepare the Hobbit when the other dorector Del Tror walked out.

check out the The Hobbit - Dustin Lee Edit - its now just a single 4 hour movie with all the crap that isnt in the book removed. google it, its free.

youtube.com/watch?v=20vA9U7J2qQ&list=WL&index=10

No prep time. Overworked staff. Lots and lots of Hollywood exec meddling.

If you go watch the fan edits like the Maple Films one, there is actually a really good Hobbit movie in the midst of all that chaos.

I tuned out as soon as I saw CGI orcs. The love triangle made me suicidal.

It's incredible that the cartoon Hobbit is literally 40 years old, was made on a nothing budget, and is still the definitive film version of the Hobbit.

It should not have been hard to top this. The animation looks ridiculous, it's hyper-abridged, the acting is ludicrous, the songs... dear, god the songs... some of them are kinda catchy actually. But they didn't. They failed. 3 feature films and name actors and a 4 trillion dollar budget, and they couldn't get more Hobbit onscreen than a made-for-tv cartoon that's older than most of the cast.

"In certain older, civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves... on their swords."

the animation captures JRR Tolkiens personal drawings though, that film is pure kino.

Hobbit didn't have Galadriel riverdancing in it

>still the definitive film version of the Hobbit
youtu.be/Sl7w2Z0vGpA

touche

APOLOGIZE