Why is Carol so anti-Semitic...

Why is Carol so anti-Semitic? How can Marvel expect us (the readers) to root for such a bigot and evil character as Carol? It ain't Cycops who should be the "Hitler" of the Marvel universe (Waid an Brevoort's words), it should be Carol.

Other urls found in this thread:

illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/
previewsworld.com/Article/186107-Keeping-It-Real-For-The-Mighty-Captain-Marvel
youtube.com/watch?v=5VTehSOPwx0
youtube.com/watch?v=j5QlWJUk4-o
youtube.com/watch?v=nRedmzKchGM
youtube.com/watch?v=QlBA2zp992c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice try

>telling a Holocaust survivor who's lived through multiple genocides that he's paranoid about further genocides

Pure Marlel

>Pulling Godwin's Law on an actual Holocaust survivor

triggered.jpg

I'm happy to have a racist woman. Diversity of characters.

>Captain Marvel's fascist takeover of the US is being backed up with Canadian supers

I know Canada is the most evil government in the Marvel Universe, could they have been behind this all along?

>i can differentiate between our interests and yours
is shield doing anything to eliminate the cloud going around the world ethnically cleansing mutants?

Its Magneto. He literally does use his background to help convince impressionable young people to become soldiers in his army of genetic deviants.

But she's right. Magneto has absolutely no reason reason to compare this to world war II. Being a holocaust survivor doesn't make him less autistic.

"The government was keeping an eye on you because you're a know criminal. This has no relation to Ulysses".
"This is how it starts, next come the detention Camps".
What the fuck? Is magneto mentally ill?

No. They pretend to care but really don't give a shit if the mutants died (just like the Inhumans).

He uses his background to convince impressionable young deviants that they're at risk of genocide.

Is he wrong?

Pretty much. ANAD Alpha Flight is run by a government committee and her ongoing shows that Carol is following their orders on CWII. If anything she's mitigating the evil they would do with someone else in her place.

That was done by a mutant. His brotherhood attacked humans. What's your point?

I never read that, but how the fuck does that happen? An entire nation, presumably with modern tech including radars and fighter jets, didn't see a giant ship about to crash into their country?

And that's aside from the 8 million superpowered people there, at least some have to be invulnerable and survive, and some would have the powers that could fight those things.

>older plot point of Abigail Brand helping Magneto and providing him info behind SHIELD's back and secretly being a mutant still in the air
>a mole is providing Magneto with info behind SHIELD's back and Abigail Brand is now Carol's right hand
>lol the mole was Northstar

A mutant didn't build the master mold. Humans did. If you build a genocide machine, you do so knowing it could be used for genocide, and reconciling yourself with that.

It wasn't Northstar, it was generic evil Canadian politician introduced in this run.

He's kinda right though. How many times have mutants been attacked by genocidal humans? How many alternate timelines are their were mutants are extinct or slave or something like that? The last issue of Civil War I read had Carol blaming a black teen for murdering Captain America so we already know who's gonna be right in the end anyway.

And how much of that was because the world's first impression of mutants was this maniac in a helmet and cape going to the UN, declaring himself and his cult their replacements and demanding their countries surrender.

"We want the world, and we want it now!"

The problem with using Magneto for shit like this is you either have to acknowledge the awful shit he did and, basically, does now with an X on his chest so its okay or pretend its okay because he's a minority when the whole point of his character was that it WASN'T.

tldr; why bring him to a diplomatic meeting in the first place guys fuck.

I just realized this exchange is extra shit because in the last Civil War Iron Man and Reed Richards were literally locking people up in an extra-dimensional detention camp. Motherfucker is right two times over.

>It ain't Cycops who should be the "Hitler" of the Marvel universe it should be Carol.

She did annihilated Broodworld then went off in a Skrull killing spree during the Manhattan invasion.

Evil Empress Carol when?

>ship
It's a sentinel.

Didn't Aurora get fucked in Hickmeme's Avengers?

soon probably

>not rooting for the fascist aryan woman

I swear this board has the shittiest taste ever

I have to call Poe's law here, not sure if this is shopped or someone genuinely thought this would be a good dialouge for a comic

Did anyone have the pic of the fascist Ironman poster pro-registration?

Nah, that was not Aurora from ALpha Flight, it was a female Validator from Omega Flight.

I think that's from Illuminating

Wait a second here,just how big is Genosha supposed to be?Because unless it's all cramped slums I don't see that tiny island holding 16 million people.

>unless it's all cramped slums
That's pretty much what it was.

This is however, a super-mega LARGE Sentinel.

No, I do have this

Holy cow.
Vintage meme reference there.

Why does a person who has, on MULTIPLE OCCAISONS, tried to genocide the entire human race get a pass because Nazis were mean to the Jews a million years ago?

Like, how does Hitler being bad mean that Magneto is good?

>MULTIPLE OCCAISONS
Name one.

so why is erik still alive and buff

did they change the date of the holocaust

I doubt Stohl knows how to write that Carol.

Got de-aged a few times

figures
thought maybe he just had super-longevity, i mean he's looked old for what, like 40 years

Gets even funnier when you realize he's actually living through another holocaust with mutants being gassed to death and no one is doing anything to stop it. Honestly I'm surprised he isn't completely frothing with rage and killing inhumans, or at least getting someone to make containment chamber for the gas that he can use his magnetism to shoot that shit into the sun.

why are all Marvel "heroes" shitty people? I mean, I do love reading their struggle with their own flaws and each other's flaws but there's seems to be no middle ground for this fuckers. It's like they're all one step away from villainy.

How does a single Sentinel do so much damage, when they usually can't even injure a hero?

Link plz

This this this

>How does a single Sentinel do so much damage
Master Mold specifications controlled by Chuck's evil twin lmao.

It's Morrison and his especially hackish New X-Men.

illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/

Dude's old as fuck and lived through the Holocaust, he probably thinks everyone is out to get him.

Oh geez, I heard about that run, had some great characters but terrible plotting.

This must be a glowing example of that. There's no way a giant death ship like that sneaks up on an entire modern nation, much less one filled with people with superpowers.

Thanks user!

They were supposed to be flawed and relatable, but somewhere down the line they just became unlikeable assholes who don't even try to be heroic

>Oh geez, I heard about that run, had some great characters but terrible plotting.
Pretty much. I'd still recommend any "X-fan" to give it a go, just to see. It's pretty influential, even if a lot of things got retconned/ignored.

Marvel Universe is basically DCs Kingdom Come if Supes and the elder capes never stepped in and let things go to shit.

>their struggle with their own flaws and each other's flaws but there's seems to be no middle ground for this fuckers. It's like they're all one step away from villainy.

They're supposed to be relatable characters and at the same time inspirational through their heroics. But Marvel doesn't do villains anymore and have the heroes team up and accept each other's flaws to defeat the big bad. They just have em fight each other.

That analogy is pretty good. So what kind of event would be needed to restore true heroism in the Marvel Universe?

Removing Norman Osborn from his position of unduly earned power and the ushering in of a Heroic Age.

previewsworld.com/Article/186107-Keeping-It-Real-For-The-Mighty-Captain-Marvel

>Celebrity status doesn’t protect you from headaches. Margaret Stohl will point you towards Carol Danvers in Mighty Captain Marvel #1 NOW to show you that celebrity status, in fact, increases headaches. With everything from POTUS calling her to suffering through a TV show based on her life, Carol’s day-to-day existence is a carnival funhouse on steroids played at super-speed in a YouTube video. Who wants this much pressure after being a Marvel character for fifty years? In this PREVIEWSworld Exclusive interview, Margaret Stohl explains when you’re the Top Command of Alpha Flight, you really can’t expect to have time for a leisurely soak in a bathtub. The boss is always on call.

>PREVIEWSworld: What’s your interest in bringing Captain Marvel into the spotlight with this new series? What new magic trick are you planning to pull out of a hat?

>Stohl: Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel, pretty much owns the spotlight right now – that wasn’t my doing. I mean, my run begins with Carol as the biggest superhero celebrity on the planet, taking calls from POTUS and suffering through a TV show based on her life. But emotionally, Carol’s just come through a tough period of conflict with her closest friends – Tony Stark, Jessica Drew, Kamala Khan – which has absolutely changed her. Responsibility – and the price of responsibility – has forced her to take a hard look at who she is, both as a person and a hero. So there’s already so much going on, both around her in and her mind, that there’s really no “trick” to writing her, other than to just let Carol be Carol. She’s had fifty years to develop as a character and has really just now hit her stride.

>PREVIEWSworld: What can you tell us about the supporting characters in this series? Are any usual suspects going to appear in the police line-up? Or does this series do more to give birth to new blood?

>Stohl: We’ll get more new blood – particularly younger blood – in the second arc of 2017, but I believe in gradual and organic transitions. Some of Carol’s enemies are being created specifically for Carol, but you’ll see some payout of longer term threats as well.

>PREVIEWSworld: How does this new Captain Marvel fit in with the Marvel Universe as it’s currently designed? Or does Carol Danvers just operate inside her own back yard?

>Stohl: I’d say Carol’s a big player in the current Marvel Universe, and you can see that in both the last crossover event and the next one. For one thing, just the fact that she’s the Top Command of Alpha Flight adds this whole intergalactic dimension to both her responsibilities and her storylines, and there’s a lot of fun to be had with that. She’s sort of the boss of Marvel in space, and I love that.

>PREVIEWSworld: What aspects of Carol’s personality did you want to accentuate in this series? How does both writer and artist get inside of her head? And should we be cautious before looking inside those mental file cabinets? Are there some files that are marked “classified”?

>Stohl: I loved the work Kelly Sue did in the original reboot of Captain Marvel, in that she really saw Carol as a fully dimensional character – and a woman – in addition to her role as a superhero. I want to see that again, her friends, her past, her personal life, her sense of humor – which is legendary. Particularly I want to see Carol with the other powerful ladies of Marvel who are by far some of my favorite heroes. In terms of getting inside Carol’s head, she’s definitely taken her share of damage as the only girl in her family, as well as a woman rising through the ranks of the military and NASA, and you’ll see that cast a long shadow in her life. She’s so aware of the thousands of tradeoffs women make every day to get and stay where they are, even superhero women. In that sense, it’s an interesting time to be a woman in comics – certainly an interesting time to write them. As far as I’m concerned, it’s time to fling open every “Classified” file in Carol’s head.

>PREVIEWSworld: If you could isolate a moment during the production of this book and choose a scene or scenes that would work best for an online trailer, what would we see?

>Stohl: I’d be torn between doing a character moment or a “mighty” moment; probably I’d show you the opening scene of my issue zero, which is Carol sitting around a table playing cards with Natasha Romanoff, Jessica Drew, Kamala Khan and Jane as Thor…and cut to a later moment in the episode, when Captain Marvel has to throw herself into the collision course of an out-of-control space liner and rip it to a stop with her bare hands. That’s how I see Carol: equal parts laughter and brute force but all hero.

>taking calls from POTUS and suffering through a TV show based on her life
Who are they gonna cast for Marcus?

Didn't build Master Mold until after Magneto went around trying to kill all humans and beating his chest yelling about the mugga masta race

>Carol sitting around a table playing cards with Natasha Romanoff, Jessica Drew, Kamala Khan and Jane as Thor
Weren't Jessica and Kamala super-pissed off at Carol for going full Minority Report?

I hope they don't retcon this like they were claiming they might. This is perfectly inline with what Captain Marvel's character is. If you read her in all the books around Civil War 2, she is consistent in this behavior pattern.

>Someone brings a moral question to her, or comments on this not working.
>Captain Marvel makes some kind of seemingly flippant joke that is actually an inside insult between them that hits a nerve.
>Person is left either trying to recover or changes the subject/talks to someone else.

It's what her character has been all during CW2, and I hope that they don't undo it.

Could be a flashback or fantasy.

>Stohl: I loved the work Kelly Sue did in the original reboot of Captain Marvel, in that she really saw Carol as a fully dimensional character – and a woman – in addition to her role as a superhero.

Why are they sucking KSD's tits holy shit. That was the most OOC Carol of all OOC Carol.

I think their train of thought was going from thought-crimes to "oh i dont like this guy, jail him"

We'll know it's Carol's fantasy if it's strip poker.

>her sense of humor – which is legendary.
Really? Marvel, you dumb. CM was recovering from KSD then you had to thrown in CW2 and then hand it out to Stohl. Fuck. Fuck. Fuuuck this.

They're trying to draw in the Carol Corps that left when KsD left. Farkas and Butters had a good entertaining run but I guess that didn't draw in the target market - not us, of course. Never us.

You can't really say "the previous writer enlisted by this company was fucking trash and can't write for shit", user

>fascist blonde rachel maddow once again

But the previous writers were Fazekas and Butters.

Quite appropriate since Stohl is going down the same idiotic path as KSD.

Booo, get this trash out of here, the only good Carol story in the last 4 years was the first arc of her current ongoin.

>As far as I’m concerned, it’s time to fling open every “Classified” file in Carol’s head.

DAMN YOU MAGNETO *shakes fist*

So how many #1s of Captain Marvel will they make before realizing why she's really not selling well?

His first appearance.

5 or 6 my dude

I think they know CM Carol is not selling well. They're just so obsessed on shoving her as Yaas, Queen.

And I still can't get my head around on why they'd fucking go for "Yaas, Queen"

Well they're arriving at attempt #4 soon, so any time now.

Glenn Howerton.

Yes, good goy, all jews are always 100 percent correct and anyone who questions them are nazis.
Now hurry up and mutilate your son, you don't want him growing up to be a bad goy now do you?

WTFF??

>They're just so obsessed on shoving her as Yaas, Queen.

i think you need more evidence than 1 dumb solicit

What's that pink shit coming off his helmet? Is that a visual effect for when it's fending off intrusions or attacks?

it's a magic helmet. It glows pink when nazis are near.

>Falling for Jewish lies

youtube.com/watch?v=5VTehSOPwx0
youtube.com/watch?v=j5QlWJUk4-o
youtube.com/watch?v=nRedmzKchGM
youtube.com/watch?v=QlBA2zp992c